Sign in to follow this  
davwader

Can Admins teleport themselves ?

Since my Fav Server was down I had to go on another server yesterday. I just walked past from Kabanino straight to the Airfield when i suddenly heard some1 saying ( in a predator Voice or smth like that ) "I can see you".

I've been on a big empty field but i couldnt see anyone. Then he told me he'd kill me . I replied , " k do it, I'm fine with it " and ran to the nearby forest in zigzag. Then i heard a silenced shot from behind and I've been down... - 1 hit.

Not a big deal i thought. Spawned again & then suddenly , the same Voice " I can see you" . I thought it was a hacker and disconnected. Back in the Lobby i noticed that the Guy had an Admin Tag beneath his Name.

So is it possible for Admins to teleport themselves ?

His name was Nordlie*Admin* and I've been on the Server DE 1379- Just for information.

Or was it a hacker with an Admin tag maybe ?

Or could he probably been a hacking Admin ?

Would like to get some answers Guys.

Edited by davwader

Hacking admin.

Hackers cannot make themselves admins.

Admins cannot teleport.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

Admin cannot teleport. They have zero control over the game except for the ability to kick players, ban players, and shutdown/restart the server.

They have no influence over the game otherwise.

You are clearly dealing with a hacker. Whether he is the Admin or not isn't known because a Hacker can obtain the password to make themself Admin in game.

The server Admin needs to update to prevent this from happening.

• Like 1

Another Question.

Can you Guys tell me the range of the direct Communication ?

I've never faced a hacker before and now I'm curios bout the range of the direct communication. Just in Case I'm walking through the big nowhere again and suddenly hear such a voice.

Hackers can make themselves admin, it is actually required for them to "operate their cheats"

Another Question.

I've never faced a hacker before and now I'm curios bout the range of the direct communication. Just in Case I'm walking through the big nowhere again and suddenly hear such a voice.

I watched a hacker testing their scripts on a private hive server one. One of the scripts they tested was voice communication over a 5km distance.

So I would hazard a guess that hackers can 'throw' their voice up to 5km if using this script.

Normal range is around 80m.

Hackers can make themselves admin, it is actually required for them to "operate their cheats"

Nope. Trust me. My friend was quite the rampant hacker in terms of teleporting and spawning items. Though he is banned now, as expected.

Most "hackers" on DayZ/ARMA 2 use scripts to hack. Not actual third-party programs.

Not even actual, legit admins and server hosts can use scripts on DayZ.

Ok. Because there wasn't definitely some1 ~ 100m around me since I've been in the middle of an empty field ^^.

I hacker could infact obtain admin rights using scripts. It is however not required to do all kinda crazy shit.

On a sidenote, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel, I hear whispers of a new beta patch coming which will block hackers from spawning weapons and vehicles.

Another Question.

Normal players direct comm range is 45m

You ask this question then tag "Admin abuse hackers" seems like you already have the answer to that question.

I hacker could infact obtain admin rights using scripts. It is however not required to do all kinda crazy shit.

On a sidenote, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel, I hear whispers of a new beta patch coming which will block hackers from spawning weapons and vehicles.

only will challenge them to a more effective hacking. Aslong as people make posts or videos about how they got killed by a hacker, the hackers will continue to feed upon those tears. Still i am happy finally some measures are being taken.