Sign in to follow this  
Basshead

Am I the only one that has seen this?

So today I hop on some low population server with my friend. We are outside of Cherno and decide to loot as we need food. The zombie count at that time was 1/1. We walk with in 250 meters of the town and the zombie spanws increase to 45/45 or some crazy shit like that. I have seen upwards of 300 zombies on populated servers.

In my opinion the increase of zombies is fine and relaistic, but the zombie AI sucks. Allow me to do a scenario...

Player crawls by a house, his eye level and hearing level are both zero

The fucking magical zombies turn around from all the way down the street and lolrun all the way to player.

Player is mawled by 30+ zombies.

In shorter terms, if you would like to increase zombie spawns, idgaf. As long as the zombies don't have super powers and run faster then Flash I am fine. It seems even firing a makarov in the wilderness will attract 1-3 Z's on you from some random deer stand far away.

Player crawls by a house, his eye level and hearing level are both zero

The fucking magical zombies turn around from all the way down the street and lolrun all the way to player.

I don't think that ever happens lol

But the chimps seem to have the uncanny ability to spot people from a further distance than walkers that's for sure!

The zombie count at that time was 1/1. We walk with in 250 meters of the town and the zombie spanws increase to 45/45 or some crazy shit like that.

[ insert rage-y ramble about zombies' AI. ]

For your information, the Zombie's AI has nothing to do with the amount of them in-world.

If you're on a server with <10 zombies, that means that no one is in or near a city where there are lots of zombie spawns. The one zombie alive was most likely spawned by a player who ran past a shack in a field, and the 44 others were spawned by the game when you got too close to a zombie spawn.

This thread would have been acceptable before the last patch, where the zombies are now SLOWER and ruin FLUIDLY.

Sorry, but you're late.

And if you're firing a makarov in the woods FAR AWAY from a deerstand, then you're doing it wrong.

Zombies are even easier to lose than ever now, if you can't get away from a mob of 30+ zombies in Cherno, then you don't deserve to even get beyond the loading screen. Go play the tutorial and work out how to run around a building.

Also, that amount of zombies WILL spawn in Cherno, as it is a major city and the more buildings, the more zombies I'm afraid.

As for the proning part; unlucky mate, try again.

-MONSTER

[Had to edit to add in more points of why OP is mentally challenged.]

Edited by M O N S T E R
  • Like 2

I think its funny that stepping on to a road sets off a fucking alarm that lures every zombie within 20 meters towards you.

The extra distance is quite noticeable now. Quite often I am running by a town miles away and I see a Zombie start running and I stand and watch and think hmm is he running at me? Ah no he is running off at a weird angle oh wait yep, yep here he comes now where is the nearest pine tree.

A pine tree is your friend and more use than an AKM