ThuggleS

How to gear up on respawn while avoiding zombies?

Virtually no chance of snipers cos there is only one thermal optic weapon and even the dupers don't waste the space - unless they are protecting a camp.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78737-my-first-experience-sniping-at-night-and-some-tips-for-newbies-to-avoid-being-sniped/

Not sure I would count on that. I don't really snipe anymore, but if I do, its only at night. Thats when its the most fun.

People have different views but I'd say do the following:

1) as soon as you see you are spawning, look at the bottom right of the screen. It will say Chernarus and underneath it will tell you exactly where you are on the map.

2) That very second you spawn on the beach, go prone (z), and look around you. Think about where you are. Hit x and double tap shift to crouch run. If all you see is beach and above it high hills of trees, you're probably deep down the south by south-west on the coast.

If it's getting dark and I'm on a low population server I run along the beach until I get to say Balotta, where I check the Beach side barns for axes and coke. If it's busier I run through the trees, coming down when I spot enterable buildings.

Look for cans of drink and food and an axe. Don't run if you can see zombies unless they sound very angry and are coming at you. They can see you in daylight from a long distance.

As soon as you get an axe right click on it in your inventory and choose "remove from toolbelt" then when you're holding the axe hit R for reload - yes you have to reload axe as though it were a gun.

You need to put it back on your toolbelt if you pick up a shotgun so you can carry a gun. I have a gun for zombies but frankly the axe is better - and running away is even better still.

Expect to die over and over again, and post threads here saying how the game is unfair and shit - lots do that. But if you stick with it you will get better every single time. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the good post, but at this point I do know all of that (but I appreciate you typing it up nonetheless!).

Before I started playing I accepted that this game is about death - permanent death. So I went in with the knowledge that I will die, and die again, and lose all the stuff I collected...again.

But hey, that's what makes the adventure fun - knowing the high stakes.

break line of sight by running arround corners, zig zag up hills, hide indoors, and crawl/ duck to avoid detection