foxy0123

SP in DayZ

I love dayZ, but it gets very boring for me sometimes. There was a mod that was taken down that made an SP version possible. It looked very cool, you could spawn vehicles that need to be repaired, different clothing, weapons, etc. As a player, I would love to see this.

Yours truly,

Partyfox1

mind explaining what sp is?

I love dayZ, but it gets very boring for me sometimes. There was a mod that was taken down that made an SP version possible. It looked very cool, you could spawn vehicles that need to be repaired, different clothing, weapons, etc. As a player, I would love to see this.

Yours truly,

Partyfox1

Unfortuantly i Dont see it happening, (any time soon). Rocket doesnt like it.

His Words why he didn't want it or wont start developing it till later.

Full Thread found here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9875-kronzkys-sp-hack-removed-his-words/

1. I wanted a single repository of download, version sync'd so that there was no confusion.

2. Security issues were greatly increased. A known hacker site was using Kronzky's version for testing of their hacks prior to using them on public servers.

4. Single Player was not the focus of the mod. I was prepared to work with him to develop this in future but I wanted the timing to be right.

• Like 1

I see your point, but hackers are the reason I wanted Sp. I wanted to kinda roleplay a little and get away from bandits and hackers.

Why do you think I would play DayZ.. no other zombie game is this interesting

If there was SP in my opinion it should be disconnected from the hive, so you have SP and MP characters seperate. I think some more content needs to be added before SP comes too.

Edited by PhantomHunta

If there was SP in my opinion it should be disconnected from the hive, so you have SP and MP characters seperate. I think some more content needs to be added before SP comes too.

Are.... you retarted?

You think dayz is getting a little bit boring and there for wants single player? Yepp fuck logic

Are.... you retarted?

I'm sorry... I seem to have missed the part where I came off as someone who is mentally impaired, as I gave my OPINION (Jesus fucking Christ, when will people learn about subjectivity?) on a certain aspect of the game which as of yet isn't even implemented and will not be for the imminent future. So sit the fuck down and get prepared for a damn educational read.

To further back up my (Here's this word again which 75% of people can't understand) OPINION, I will give reasoning.

My THOUGHTS about having a disconnected from the hive single player experience are because if it wasn't, it stops nobody from obtaining all of the best equipment they can, coming in to a multiplayer server and senselessly fucking shit up. This doesn't even include my suspicion that items could be obtained via cheating, or even admin abusing for that matter; so much easier if it was only you on your own server.

My second SUGGESTION, that more content (Stuff to do, loot to get, activities to complete.) should be added before a single player experience is even in production, is because the way I see it, 50% of the game is driven by player interaction. Without the constant threat/possibility of '1337FAGGOTPWNER' spawning in behind me with an AS50 I could walk around like I just don't give a shit. And let's face it; If you were on your own and don't talk to anyone, scavenge for food/water in a nearby town and only have infected to keep you company, it would get immensely boring and easy, fast. Ergo, it would take away 50% of the game's experience, again this is my OPINION.

There you have it, my OPINIONS, with reason and logic backing it up.

Keep in mind that this is the DAYZ SUGGESTIONS section, not WHATEVER I FUCKING SAY IS CAST IN STONE section. So next time you decide to become pretentious and fucking rude to someone for expressing opinion, think about it.

You'll also take note that I underlined and capitalized a number of words relating to subjectivity, this is to help you identify them and hopefully look for them in future incidents.

Edited by PhantomHunta
  • Like 4

I'm sorry... I seem to have missed the part where I came off as someone who is mentally impaired, as I gave my OPINION (Jesus fucking Christ, when will people learn about subjectivity?) on a certain aspect of the game which as of yet isn't even implemented and will not be for the imminent future. So sit the fuck down and get prepared for a damn good read.

To further back up my (Here's this word again which 75% of people can't understand) OPINION, I will give reasoning.

My THOUGHTS about having a disconnected from the hive single player experience are because if it wasn't, it stops nobody from getting all of the best equipment they can, coming in to a multiplayer server and senselessly fucking shit up. This doesn't even include my suspicion that items could be obtained via cheating; or even admin abusing for that matter, so much easier if it was only you on your own server.

My second SUGGESTION, that more content (Stuff to do, loot to get, activities to complete.) should be added before a single player experience is even in production, is because the way I see it, 50% of the game is driven by player interaction. Without the constant threat/possibility of '1337FAGGOTPWNER' spawning in behind me with an AS50 I could walk around like I just don't give a shit. And let's face it; If you were on your own and don't talk to anyone, scavenge for food/water in a nearby town and only have infected to keep you company, it would get immensely boring and easy, fast. Ergo, it would take away 50% of the game's experience, again this is my OPINION.

Keep in mind that this is the DAYZ SUGGESTIONS section, not WHATEVER I FUCKING SAY IS CAST IN STONE section. So next time you decide to become pretentious and fucking rude to someone for expressing opinion, think about it.

You'll also take note that I underlined and capitalized a number of words relating to subjectivity, this is to help you identify them and hopefully look for them in future incidents.

Schooled.

post-85993-0-36406600-1345641666_thumb.j

Edited by 1337WuLF
  • Like 1

I've always thought that Dayz could be a game that bridges the gap between SP and pvp. Dayz will never have a traditional SP architecture (nor should it) but that doesn't prevent lone players from getting something out of this game.

The objective of the game - to stay alive - is met more easily in a group. For lone players it's much harder. The dog-with-radar, due in next patch, may offer some help (or hindrance!). After that the main avenue of interest for lone players is in the game stats and the leader boards that come with them (kills, places visited, object found, etc etc.) all of which will come in time.

I'm sorry... I seem to have missed the part where I came off as someone who is mentally impaired, as I gave my OPINION (Jesus fucking Christ, when will people learn about subjectivity?) on a certain aspect of the game which as of yet isn't even implemented and will not be for the imminent future. So sit the fuck down and get prepared for a damn educational read.

My THOUGHTS about having a disconnected from the hive single player experience are because if it wasn't, it stops nobody from obtaining all of the best equipment they can, coming in to a multiplayer server and senselessly fucking shit up. This doesn't even include my suspicion that items could be obtained via cheating, or even admin abusing for that matter; so much easier if it was only you on your own server.

I didn't read a thing you said, but anyway, i was surprised by you saying it should be disconnected from the hive. NO SHIT!
  • Like 1

I say leave SP for other games that will do it better.SP needs a huge world filled with zombies in closets that jump out at you,things that you find that will lead you on paths to other places etc etc.This is a lot of work and drains the resources from Dayz but a team that is geared towards SP can make one killer game.Think how creepy Stalker was at times with music cued to certain sequences or just think of original Resident Evil.;)