Kyus Jin

Factories And City Control

One thing I would like to see in Day Z or more so for the stand alone game, was something I saw in Fallout factories were taken over and controlled by gangs now it wasn't very in depth in the game but basically if you completed a few quests for the gang they would let you use their factory to make ammo. I think that Day Z should use this idea to make more game content atm this game is more like a limited weapon and vehicle BF3 on a huge map. And like all FPS's they get old after a while. I think things that we need to progress in the game should require the use of facilities like factories, car repair shops, and lab's. And these facilities our something you can control like territory or 0.0 space in EVE and you would need a gang to control the facility. I think it would create a power struggle in the game that would make for more interesting fighting more of a gang on gang rather then over equipped guys killing flashlight coastal's. And give players a goal to work for as well as a reason to work together. Currently one doesn't need anyone else to get vehicles and high end gear I can do it all on my own and currently the only safe way to play is to shoot any player on site. So a lot of the time it feels more like I am playing a single player game with a really smart AI well sometimes its a smart A.I. Just a thought sorry if its long winded but I think it would be good for the game and we know it works as its been used in other games. Let me know what you think.

I think you should have used search, there is a thread called 'Controlling old Industry' which you could have easily found and it has a realy extensive OP composed of detailed industry that could be made operational in some way or form... go search for it and continue discussion there, if you are able to actually find something that 'we' missed...

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but I wanted to look into this further so I search Controlling old Industry using the Title, and Title and Content feature; I only got this thread... If it works for you would you mind posting the link.

I think you should have used search, there is a thread called 'Controlling old Industry' which you could have easily found and it has a realy extensive OP composed of detailed industry that could be made operational in some way or form... go search for it and continue discussion there, if you are able to actually find something that 'we' missed...

Sorry I did use before I posted this and it came up with nothing. But thanks for pointing out that there's already a post on this subject.

Yeah I just tried the search again and got nothing I just wanted to double check it to confirm that your either a D-bag or the search feature isn't working right I am more inclined to go with the first one.

It didn't show up as the nr1. post on those exact word combination ? ... that's silly :/ ... tnx for adding the link 3rdParty :)