Gemtech

are parachutes bugged\broken

Done some testing on a couple server versions ,

over 200m high , moving forward

over 200m , moving forward , and vertically

over 300m stationary

(v1.7.2.5/build 95883)

both times, eject from the helecopter = instant death (before hitting the ground)

there was also a parachute with no body \ nothing in it floating to the ground?

I need to confirm if there is a trick to it or if it is broken .

recently a player lost connection in the chopper and loaded back in on the ground , now im happy to do a normal disconnect (not alt f4) but only if someone can confirm it is actually bugged \ broken.

obviously it would be cheap if its not broken but i have 0 issue doing it if it is broken

edited for further detial

Edited by Gemtech

I'm pretty sure it's broken. Have you tried from a hovering position?

I've never died from parachuting, maybe it's because my home server is running 1.7.2.4 ?

We tried it while moving forward and when we were hovering, both times our parachute opened we floated for a very short time and then we died (before our body hit the ground) and our chute was floating around.

So I know the problem and I am curious too. I have video's of it, if people want I can upload them.

We tried it with the most recent update (not the beta).

We tried it while moving forward and when we were hovering, both times our parachute opened we floated for a very short time and then we died (before our body hit the ground) and our chute was floating around.

So I know the problem and I am curious too. I have video's of it, if people want I can upload them.

We tried it with the most recent update (not the beta).

In that case maybe I don't die because I'm running 1.7.4.

In that case maybe I don't die because I'm running 1.7.4.

That is possible, but I hope there is another explanation.

I've yet to have a parachute function normally in patch 2.5. I've also experienced the problems many of you have had. What typically happens to me though, as stated previously, is my chute works for about 3-6 seconds and then I instantly die. I tested this about 7 times over the course of 2 days before I just gave up.

further detail , i tested on 2 servers running (v1.7.2.5/build 95883)

and another server forget version, seems other are having the issue , i feel that means if you can do a normal disconnect (that takes longer than eject) then it is not cheap

Done some testing on a couple server versions ,

over 200m high , moving forward

over 200m , moving forward , and vertically

both times, eject from the helecopter = instant death (before hitting the ground)

there was also a parachute with no body \ nothing in it floating to the ground?

I need to confirm if there is a trick to it or if it is broken .

recently a player lost connection in the chopper and loaded back in on the ground , now im happy to do a normal disconnect (not alt f4) but only if someone can confirm it is actually bugged \ broken.

obviously it would be cheap if its not broken but i have 0 issue doing it if it is broken

The parachute doesn't deploy if you're low to the ground, and if you are moving forward, you might get hit by the back rotor. So if you plan to jump, slow down and get higher :thumbsup:

The parachute doesn't deploy if you're low to the ground, and if you are moving forward, you might get hit by the back rotor. So if you plan to jump, slow down and get higher :thumbsup:

we certainly tried stationary over 300m , insta death, can anyone else confirm, last thing i want to be branded is a disco'er id only do that if its actually broken, i actually died in a crash last week , i knew eject would not work so i just took it like a man

when its functioning properly omgwtfbbq you can parachute 50 metres off the ground and survive so thats not the issue

we certainly tried stationary over 300m , insta death, can anyone else confirm, last thing i want to be branded is a disco'er id only do that if its actually broken, i actually died in a crash last week , i knew eject would not work so i just took it like a man

You could also try tilting the helicopter to the side you're not about to jump out of; might help a bit.

i dont want to test this at all, i believe it is broken, not sure why the guy was willing to test it , first try he had a bunch of stuff he lost , other times were after picking him up, i personally dont want to risk loosing my beans testing it .

This is what happens:

Ignore the excited shouting thingy, we had a tough night hahaha :P

Wow, you fixed up a chopper than all 3 of you bailed out to 'test' the parachute?

I think after the second one didn't work.... nevermind.

Yeah well, it's about the fun right? And we all didn't live that long, so we tried different styles and heights. At least, that was the plan! hahahah :P

I've seen it work on 1.7.2.4

In fact i have a video of it; just aint uploaded it to anything. Of course i was spectating from a distance butn i saw them deploy the chute and seemingly land safely... (i think)

I've seen it work on 1.7.2.4

In fact i have a video of it; just aint uploaded it to anything. Of course i was spectating from a distance butn i saw them deploy the chute and seemingly land safely... (i think)

i get the feeling somehow it broke in v1.7.2.5 video is same issue i have observed