Brutal-Hunter

Throw animation is dumb

I was near a hospital today looking for morphine and I was trying to throw a can to break the windows. A zombie comes up behind me and breaks my legs because I cant exit the throw animation. There needs to be a way to stop it or just make it go faster because that is ridiculous. I almost died too. Had to use like two mags just to escape. Im lucky I didnt die with my ghilli suit/ ak-47.

I was near a hospital today looking for morphine and I was trying to throw a can to break the windows. A zombie comes up behind me and breaks my legs because I cant exit the throw animation. There needs to be a way to stop it or just make it go faster because that is ridiculous. I almost died too. Had to use like two mags just to escape. Im lucky I didnt die with my ghilli suit/ ak-47.

I just.....what? Are you....? Help me understand how this is the game's problem...

• Like 1

I agree that it takes a long time. However I dont think there should be a way to exit it because when you start it you should be sure of no zombies.

Long Story Short, be aware of you'r surroundings.

Regards

Designidea

Welcome to ArmA II. I think (not sure) that by pressing 5, you have the option to "Cancel action".

Edited by super cool kid

I just.....what? Are you....? Help me understand how this is the game's problem...

Because I almost died when I tried to throw a can. In real life, I would take me like two seconds to throw a can. I feel like the in game character throws it in slow-mo. It is a problem because it makes me vulnerable for a good 6 or 7 seconds. Just enough to get my leg broken and attacked by a horde of zombies

Edited by Brutal-Hunter

This is arma 2, so no ragdolls or euphoria, you're stuck with the animation cycles

maybe there's hope for the standalone..oh wait, no arma3 for standalone..sorry! :(

Because I almost died when I tried to throw a can. In real life, I would take me like two seconds to throw a can. I feel like the in game character throws it in slow-mo. It is a problem because it makes me vulnerable for a good 5 seconds. Just enough to get my leg broken and attacked by a horde of zombies

In the animation He has to pull out the can/chemlight/flare, and I highly doubt you could pull it out and throw it in 2 seconds. Also bear in mind you'r character also puts down his gun before throwing.

Also you would've been killed anyways, If you got attacked by a horde of zombies by throwing a can imagine what'd happen when the glass broke.

Regards

Designidea

This is arma 2, so no ragdolls or euphoria, you're stuck with the animation cycles

maybe there's hope for the standalone..oh wait, no arma3 for standalone..sorry! :(

No, it's more like ARMA 2.5. It's all the same engine, so the standalone will be importing some aspects of ARMA3.

I always avoid throwing anything or keeping throwable items in the inventory. It takes very long time to throw anything, and combine that with servers that dont have crosshairs. You have no idea where you're about to throw your can/grenade.

I always avoid throwing anything or keeping throwable items in the inventory. It takes very long time to throw anything, and combine that with servers that dont have crosshairs. You have no idea where you're about to throw your can/grenade.

You can judge it without crosshairs, and abit of luck is need also. Personally when I spawn in I grab a tin can purely because if I see a barn and I have no weps, I throw my can to distract zombies and enter.

Although it is your personal preference.

Regards

Designidea

It's a bit slow and sometimes I have to sit through the animation twice for some reason. It just reminds me that I'm playing a free mod but it sure can be annoying.

I bet I can think of something dumber then the animation.....

You can judge it without crosshairs, and abit of luck is need also. Personally when I spawn in I grab a tin can purely because if I see a barn and I have no weps, I throw my can to distract zombies and enter.

Although it is your personal preference.

Regards

Designidea

I tried to destroy someones duplication factory yesterday with frag grenades. I stood atleast 30 meters away from the tents, aimed like 40 degrees down and held the mouse button for 2 seconds and the grenade flew like another 30 meters over the tent clusterfuck. I managed to destroy some tents with my second grenade while I aimed down even more and put some less throwing power in. The character seems to have strong arms and throws the grenades to the upper side of the screen. This game has the most difficult grenade tossing system I've seen so far. Not only it takes long but you're unable to move and uncertain where you're throwing at.

Edited by Shaimou

1 animation and action at the time kinda reminds me of DOS games. The fact that you can't do 2 things at the same time gives me nostalgic feeling.

The animations in arma just FUCKING SUCK! The BS cycle of going through phantom rifles and rockets launchers have been present since OFP over 10 years ago along with seemingly having to stop to do things that shouldn't cripple me

I tried to destroy someones duplication factory yesterday with frag grenades. I stood atleast 30 meters away from the tents, aimed like 40 degrees down and held the mouse button for 2 seconds and the grenade flew like another 30 meters over the tent clusterfuck. I managed to destroy some tents with my second grenade while I aimed down even more and put some less throwing power in. The character seems to have strong arms and throws the grenades to the upper side of the screen. This game has the most difficult grenade tossing system I've seen so far. Not only it takes long but you're unable to move and uncertain where you're throwing at.

That and ur grenades are fucking made of rubber.

• Like 1

The animations in arma just FUCKING SUCK! The BS cycle of going through phantom rifles and rockets launchers have been present since OFP over 10 years ago along with seemingly having to stop to do things that shouldn't cripple me

It's a military simulation, it is VERY hard to switch weapons while running. Ever tried it? I thought so.

No, it's more like ARMA 2.5. It's all the same engine, so the standalone will be importing some aspects of ARMA3.

If you are saying that ARMA 3 and the stand alone are going to be on the same engine as ARMA 2 and the MOD you are absolutely wrong.

ARMA 2 and the DayZ Mod run on the Real Virtuality 3 game engine.

ARMA 3 and the DayZ game will be on the Real Virtuality 4 game engine. Which will have ragdolls etc.

in fact one of the things they are making a big deal about IS the smoother animations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_(engine)

If you are saying that ARMA 3 and the stand alone are going to be on the same engine as ARMA 2 and the MOD you are absolutely wrong.

ARMA 2 and the DayZ Mod run on the Real Virtuality 3 game engine.

ARMA 3 and the DayZ game will be on the Real Virtuality 4 game engine. Which will have ragdolls etc.

in fact one of the things they are making a big deal about IS the smoother animations.

http://en.wikipedia....uality_(engine)

I should have phrased better. It's not taking /all/ the aspects of ARMA 3. I know Rocket said it was just going to be simplified ragdoll, for instance. Mea culpa.

Not really.

The ACE mod has a faster throwing animation. so I don't see why DayZ can't

Why don't you do better yourself?

Oh wait, you can't.

Oh it's this retarded argument again. I don't need to know how a car works to say that it's broken...

Edited by SillySil

It's a military simulation, it is VERY hard to switch weapons while running. Ever tried it? I thought so.

WTF? Actually yes - have you and BS it's "very hard" -

Step 1 - Let go of rifle - feel it drop against your chest as the harness holds it against ur body

Step 2 - reach into you pockets, or pouches or holster and pull out things

Because I almost died when I tried to throw a can. In real life, I would take me like two seconds to throw a can. I feel like the in game character throws it in slow-mo. It is a problem because it makes me vulnerable for a good 6 or 7 seconds. Just enough to get my leg broken and attacked by a horde of zombies

Because this isn't real life. It's DayZ in ArmA 2, a military simulator. Made in 2009. Yeah sure, it would be cool if cancelling a throw could be like cancelling a bandage and just walk around, but no need to go QQing on us...