Sign in to follow this  
Antler.PhD

Alt+F4 doesn't work?

How do I alt f4.

Well start by hitting alt and then hit f4 (I mean really how hard could it be if newbs can pull it off all the time). Only good thing about alt f4 players is when they mess up while doing it and I get to shoot a stationary idiot.

There's this little thing called the Thunder Dome, you idiot.

You mean, the one where you spawn in with NO guns? Why do you need to alt-f4? A simple disconnect will work.

See, now you're being ignorant. The last time I was in a server that was wiped out, a person would die every second, not all at once.

How long does it take you to normally disconnect? 2-3 seconds? I mean, you just keep making up bullshit and it's fun to prove you wrong, one statement after another. I truly am angered by coward alt-f4'ers.

Why does everyone on this forum get so upset so easily?

It's a forum, what were you expecting?

See, now you're being ignorant.

Can you blame the guy. 9/10 server have atleats a couple hackers.

90% of servers have 2+ hackers? LOLZ you talk shit bro.

Lucky you. Last time I was in thunder dome the hacker just stood on a vantage point and mowed everyone down with an lmg. Altf4 would've been useful.

ESC and abort, just as quick.

Stop crying, grow a pair and stop disconnecting when shit gets real.

When I altF4 nothing happens. Is there anyway to fix this? Just so you know, I don't use altf4 to disconnect from firefights, I'd like to be able to quickly disconnect in case a hacker starts killing everyone in a server. Thanks guys.

Good!

I suppose you have to deal with hackers, I join low population (5-15) UK servers and have yet to meet a hacker.

I expect I will soon seeing as I've only got 15hrs play time.

Regards

Designidea

I could care less when people combat log, because I don't see murdering others as a competition in this game. Can't wait till they make it realistic to the point where you have to keep track of your own stats.

You mean, the one where you spawn in with NO guns? Why do you need to alt-f4? A simple disconnect will work.

How long does it take you to normally disconnect? 2-3 seconds? I mean, you just keep making up bullshit and it's fun to prove you wrong, one statement after another. I truly am angered by coward alt-f4'ers.

The thing is though, you're wrong.

You guys were kinda hard on this guy. I believe him because most of us have been in situations with hackers when a quick disconnect will save your guy and gear.

• Like 2

You guys were kinda hard on this guy. I believe him because most of us have been in situations with hackers when a quick disconnect will save your guy and gear.

ESC + abort is a quick disconnect.

What a hilarious pile of spam upon spam.

What a hilarious pile of spam upon spam.

Spamception.

We know you like spam so we put some spam in your spam so you can spam while you spam.

Good argument.

I don't need to argue. I've gotten the information I came for. Now I'm done posting. I'd recommend that this thread be closed before it get's even more out of hand than it already is.

I don't need to argue. I've gotten the information I came for. Now I'm done posting. I'd recommend that this thread be closed before it get's even more out of hand than it already is.

You just mad you got schooled bro.

See, I can make stupid comments, just like you.

Edited by CrazyJoe

First of all, a disconnection hotkey is not a hack genius. If you're not going to offer any help then don't waste your time posting. I could care less whether you believe me or not, I didn't make this post to be judged by a bunch of ignorant forum boys.

What would make you care less and how much less would that be? ;)

Don't do Alt - F4

you get use to it once you've learned how to..

I'm SO annoyed of people combat logging, when i've finally decided to give people a chance by using a M24 insteed of AS50,

I've gone from a few kills every time i log in, to ZERO because i cannot one shoot people. They just combatlog, (i do hit the head sometimes, but i'd like to give them a fighting chance if they wish one against a sniper)

Anyway, I've returned to my AS50, So no one can leave once shot at,

Coming from one of the assholes who do nothing but kill people for nothing but shits and giggles you really have no business talking.

Sigh.

Some scripters/hackers have the ability to change your Alt+F4 function to either do nothing at all or actually kill your character, as though you'd hit the respawn button back when it was still implemented. If there's a hacker on your server, your best option is to leave as soon as you notice (via Abort) or simply let them do what they want and try to get your gear back after death. The hive system hasn't been optimized and only saves progress once every couple of minutes; this gives you plenty of time to disconnect through the regular abort option if you'd just been teleported into the air or something like that. Of course, it's not fool proof and you will still get screwed over by these fail gamers but in the end; it's just a game. The people of this generation play it just to make it a bad experience for others now, instead of having fun themselves (or rather; they have fun by ruining other people's fun).

On a side note, if you come to the Day Z forums and not expect people to judge, flame and hate on you for every little thing you do, you're not ready to post threads yet.

-MONSTER

Can you blame the guy. 9/10 server have atleats a couple hackers.

I used to think this was bullshit. My buddy just started his own server. Showed me the logs... Holy fuck, the script kiddies are everywhere. He is considering going to a locked server & private hive now. Honestly I don't blame him. Can't wait until the stand alone.

There ARE always hackers on a server, even when its low populated, they just dont always kill everyone, they teleport around and spawn shit.

I'm not upset, but it seems like you are. I mean, everyone knows your lying, you can't alt-f4 out of an insta-death. Which is the example you gave, avoiding hackers wiping out entire servers. You're the one that needs to grow up and realize death is a part of DayZ, take it like a man.

Hey, we got a fucking mind reader over here.

I'm not upset, but it seems like you are. I mean, everyone knows your lying, you can't alt-f4 out of an insta-death. Which is the example you gave, avoiding hackers wiping out entire servers. You're the one that needs to grow up and realize death is a part of DayZ, take it like a man.

You do realize that in a populated server a scripter killing everyone usually results in "waves" of players being killed, not everyone at once. If you start to see the chat box filled with a bunch of dead people, but you are still alive, you may be able to log out before it gets you.

Soooooo...OP has a legit reason and your posts are ridiculous.