Sign in to follow this  
Abra (DayZ)

Any reason why I keep teleporting?

For some reason everytime I log on I am someplace new, typically as if I just respawned, but I keep my stuff. It first happened when I was at Stary looking at the tents when I logged off due to hearing an insane amount of explosions. I logged back on to a different server and I was outside elektro, after hearing a good amount of gunfire(this was maybe 10 minutes after I logged back on) and a grenade or two I logged off to try to find a server that was less...explosive. Keep in mind these servers had maybe 3-5 people on them. When I logged back on I was outside cherno. A new bug or is there just an update that I forgot to read the patch notes for?

I'm assuming you're running 1.7.2.5 and connecting to servers running 1.7.2.4 or lower. The "teleporting" or "respawning" is one of the symptoms.

I'm assuming you're running 1.7.2.5 and connecting to servers running 1.7.2.4 or lower. The "teleporting" or "respawning" is one of the symptoms.

Nope, only joining up to date servers.

• Like 1

You don't understand how to fully work your scripts?

Or maybe the server hoping issue was fixed. He did state in the latest channellogs undocumented changes for the lulz

I think it is a side effect from changing server

What versions does DayZCommander say you are running?

I think this is how they fixed ghosting, you log on to another server aside from the one you were on within a certain amount of time(say 5mins) you get sent back to the coast. I think it was to stop players from logging off when being shot at, going to another server to bandage then move behind where the enemy was, then log back on to the first server(magically behind their enemy).

I think this is how they fixed ghosting, you log on to another server aside from the one you were on within a certain amount of time(say 5mins) you get sent back to the coast. I think it was to stop players from logging off when being shot at, going to another server to bandage then move behind where the enemy was, then log back on to the first server(magically behind their enemy).

I guess that makes sense. Bit annoying that it does that when I'm trying to escape possible hackers nuking areas. oh well.

Wrong. When you are loading the game places you in debug forest, once you are done loading it moves you back to your previous location, If you get stuck on the loading screen and exit out, the hive will see your last location as debug forest, so instead places you back on the coast, which is why everyone is asking what versions you are running, since you will always get stuck on loading if you are using a different version to the server,

Unless SixLauncher has updated, you are still on 1.7.2.4, if you are updating using DayZCommander or manually updating, you should be on 1.7.2.5. So joining servers running the latest version may very well be the problem if you aren't also on that version.

Edited by smasht_AU