Zeppa

altf4,serverhopping suggestions

I would like:

1. alt + f4/disconnecting timer, like 30 second or so...(makes you chose the spot better where to disconnect)

+ Spawn timer that you cant shoot for 30 seconds or so... again makes you chose better spot when disconnecting...

OR

That you wouldnt spawn inside residences/near them or in certain areas, maybe if you logout in there you would spawn somewhere random around them on like 100m radius.

2. "cooldown" before reconnecting, that 15 mins would do fine(wait at lobby etc). (no more server hopping) (reguires stable and good servers)

3. Developer provided servers.

- No more admin abuse

Or just better server management from the DEVteam.

And better filtering for server search to avoid servers with stupid settings

5. Zeds should spawn sooner, now its only under 200m... maybe double that, 400m.

Regards,

Zeppa

15 minutes? What happens if you get disconnected, or the server you log onto is bad and you want to try another. I think people get way to butt hurt not being able to loot peoples beans. It's not that hard collecting gear. Most of the ideas people have to deal with hacking or griefing just hurts honest players that want to be left alone.

• Like 1

1,2 - u mad bro? this stuff is easy in theory, but hard in implementation. and mos likely will be a pain in the ass for some legit players.

if you dont want to see serverhopers, i suggest you to find server with private hive. the current system just begs people to server hop...

3- dafaq? u do know that 99.99% of servers are hosted by community?

5(dunno where is 4 gone) - agree with this, but its should be like 1200+ so it would exceed range of 50.cals rifles

15 minutes? What happens if you get disconnected, or the server you log onto is bad and you want to try another. I think people get way to butt hurt not being able to loot peoples beans. It's not that hard collecting gear. Most of the ideas people have to deal with hacking or griefing just hurts honest players that want to be left alone.

^^^this guy gets it^^^

15 minutes? What happens if you get disconnected, or the server you log onto is bad and you want to try another.

And how often does that happen when compared to the rampant kid's alt-f4'n all the time?

While I do agree that 15 minutes is excessive, I do agree that there should be some sort of "time-out" implemented.

Perhaps, I never have problems with people logging in the midst of combat. So I have to disagree with you. But if it is such a problem for people it's good you guys are trying to think of solutions. somehow I think hackers could find a way around it. So you would always have some people doing it. Even if you did make a 15 minute wait I think people would still do it.

Perhaps, I never have problems with people logging in the midst of combat. So I have to disagree with you. But if it is such a problem for people it's good you guys are trying to think of solutions. somehow I think hackers could find a way around it. So you would always have some people doing it. Even if you did make a 15 minute wait I think people would still do it.

If we would stop reforming the law just because some criminals can find a hole in it. that would be just pure madness and anarchy. Anarchy is the thing we want to prevent here. because this game in therms of hacking/abusing, is the worst i have ever seen in my life.

and about combat DC, i had that many times, you can't even loot the body cause it dissapears just a second after he altf4's

Edited by qubolo

1. That you wouldnt spawn inside residences/near them or in certain areas, maybe if you logout in there you would spawn somewhere random around them on like 100m radius.

2. "cooldown" before reconnecting, that 15 mins would do fine(wait at lobby etc). (no more server hopping) (reguires stable and good servers)

5. Zeds should spawn sooner, now its only under 200m... maybe double that, 400m.

I like the idea of not being able to log out in towns, EXCEPT, that I always need to log out in stary to combat graphic glitches. Like clockwork. Once they fix graphic glitches, i'm on board for that.

Cooldown of 15 minutes is way too long. 3 minutes max; still a bit on the long side, but not ridiculous.

I agree with moar zombie range. As it stands now, if you see zombies that aren't clumped, you know there is a player in dem darr hillz. Though I like the comment someone made about a 1200 meter radius for zombie spawning, that would be harder on the servers, though... 36 times, to be precise. Something closer to 800 meters would only be 16 times as much potential zombies max, but i think 600 is gonna be the sweet spot. This is, of course, provided that the 200 meter range is accurate for the current spawning: I don't know what the current range is so i'm only going off what people have said in this thread.

@Nalyid

This is why I wrote this "reguires stable and good servers" to reduce unwanted disconnects... If you unplug your network cable or something once in a month its no big deal.

@Frozen

,2 - u mad bro? this stuff is easy in theory, but hard in implementation. and mos likely will be a pain in the ass for some legit players.

if you dont want to see serverhopers, i suggest you to find server with private hive. the current system just begs people to server hop...

Maybe I should have added that these would be more for the standalone. Im not mad, I may be frustrated. And I really dont see how this would affect much of legit players, sure the timer could be like 5 mins... still would reduce server hopping alot. But When ppl that I know play they dont have need to change server mostly ever, so some waiting when changing server woudnt hurt.. As thinking of standalone the private hive servers did not cross my mind. I dont know how much harder these are implement than the hourglass timeout when disconnecting in shock. Even if someone continues to do it, it would take him much longer.. now you can loot like 5 servers in 15 mins while hopping now(just a ques), after that(even 5mins cooldown) only 1 or so, maybe 2? So your "profist" would go down hard..

3- dafaq? u do know that 99.99% of servers are hosted by community?

Yes, I know... that is why I would want them to get dev hosted so community cant fuck up the servers with abusing and stuff. And maybe they(DEV) could manage them more stable or devteam team to make better standards and supervision for the hosters.

5(dunno where is 4 gone) - agree with this, but its should be like 1200+ so it would exceed range of 50.cals rifles

Dont even remember what I wrote @4, but got deleted ^^ That 1200+ would do also fine. Best would be to have zed wondering around whole map all the time, same with loot.. that is only wiped periodically if people not around. But would make HUGE performance drop and game wouldnt be playable at least with this engine. To add zeds should be much harder too.

Edited by Zeppa

Yes, I know... that is why I would want them to get dev hosted so community cant fuck up the servers with abusing and stuff. And maybe they(DEV) could manage them more stable or devteam team to make better standards and supervision for the hosters.

devs just cant host all servers across the world, that community needs. make them less manageable to admins - might be, but not till standalone.

Edited by Frozen