Sign in to follow this  
AfterShave

Shot a sniper, his body sunk into the floor and vanished

He was a witch. You are Dorothy. Now click your heels together and say "there's no place like home."

He/she most likely alt-f4'ed when he/she got shot. If his name did indeed show up as killed then he/she is dead. Upon his/her next login they will have to create a new character. The body is gone as well as the gear but atleast the exploiter still doesn't have his/her gear.

Did you get a murder or bandit kill? If not he prolly alt+f4d yuh.

killed a guy in camo suit who attacked my friend. after he fell down he tried to get up but shot him the second time. and when i was on my way to the body he was gone. is that a hack or a bug`?

Pretty sure the sinking into the floor thing is a bug .... an alt-f4 will simply disappear.

Had the floor thing once too - was the guy prone? That may be the trigger.

No, I shot him from 10-20 meters away.

His body sunk and disappeared the second he died.

He/she most likely alt-f4'ed when he/she got shot. If his name did indeed show up as killed then he/she is dead. Upon his/her next login they will have to create a new character. The body is gone as well as the gear but atleast the exploiter still doesn't have his/her gear.

Had this same thing happen after a ghillied sniper looted a chopper, waited for him, shot him down from afar, watched for death msg after he dropped, noticed body disappear...sighed :(

Ran into this fag again, (it's a small server) killed him.

Gear was gone, sad bandit is sad

The rumor appears to be if the guy dies and alt-F4's fast enough, the body sinks into the ground instead of allowing you to loot it. Note this is different from alt-F4ing before death to save yourself.

This happens when the person quickly disconnects from the server after been killed.

I often do this, not to deny anyone my loot just out of pure rage.It can happen even up to a minute or 2 after you get killed.

Edited by MurQ

Yeah i got a bandit kill the other day and his body sank before i could loot it, shot him about 6 times with a M1014 up close and it registered on the debug monitor.

Bit later even though i had back to the wall i got hatcheted. Sore loser me thinks haha