Sign in to follow this  
Adolan

This game is pretty much dead for me.

Too many hackers. I can't stand them no more. I was playing on a server (couldn't remember what was it's name, though) where a hacker just burned EVERYTHING on the server, every single tree was on fire. How's that even possible?!

I hope DayZ Standalone will be more stable on hackers.

"I let the hackers win, because i'm a whiny douchebag and i never read the forums - and dont think i will understand that this is a free alpha mod under development" - Thread #3818715131931813

Edited by NoRegrets
  • Like 5

lol umadbro?

part of the game

deal whit it

Well let's just not bother fixing anything then, seeing as it's all 'part of the game'.

• Like 1

hackers arent part of the game.

sure its in alpha, its a mod, but its also not fun when you get killed by some 13 year old who bought a script set with his mom's credit card because he only found an M107 one time at a chopper crash and then got killed for being a noob with it.

Every tree was burning?

its a player heli crash site, you.... !"#?=!"#!

Ignorent,

Another unneeded player down, too many more to go.

You get cut up on the roads, do you stop driving?

Oh now that really grinds my gears....

Edited by Dez.

/Me waits for the obligatory "TheMachine" comment to explain why hackers are ruining this game.

• Like 1

Every tree was burning?

its a player heli crash site, you.... !"#?=!"#!

Ignorent,

FYI not always. It's also a symptom of scripts.

check the BIS forums for more info.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hackers are not part of the game. It's a shame you guys don't care about it. I know it's an alpha, so what? I didn't say that the game is bugged somehow - the opposite, the mod is pretty AWESOME as it is now, but the hackers are just ruining it all. You can't survive, when a hacker teleports EVERYONE on the server to the same place and blow the Hell out of it all, there's no point to start it all over again. Ain't I right?

And by the way, Minamo, do you even play the game? or just spamming the forums (well, you got 200 posts there)? It seems that you are not aware of these hackers with their scripts. It's not about Helicopters getting crashed, I said EVERY single tree on my way, was on fire. It's too obvious it was a script. Get over it, spammer.

Cyanide_I, I don't want to go to low-populated servers. The mod isn't just about surviving, I know it's a Zombie-kind of a mod but the PvP in it is a big plus.

Edited by Adolan
  • Like 1

hackers arent part of the game.

sure its in alpha, its a mod, but its also not fun when you get killed by some 13 year old who bought a script set with his mom's credit card because he only found an M107 one time at a chopper crash and then got killed for being a noob with it.

It is like you can see into my mind.

No I hate script kiddies but lately I have either had excellent luck or noticed a decline in hackers. They still pop up and I am sure plenty are using incognito hacks like player and loot locators, but I have not had an axe murderer with a jason mask chase me for over two weeks and no thunder dome either.

One of the reasons the game had to go stand alone (well besides profit) was so something could be done with the hacking problem. As it stands you are still playing a slightly modified version of Arma OA which is easy to script with. They can not change everything about that source code because it could break other mod's or the game itself, so until they have a standalone that can be locked down there will be hackers and you are not going to have a good time, mmmkay. Some are going to be disappointed to find the standalone will release as a somewhat boring upgrade to the mod, the good part is hacking and large bugs should be worked out (at least I truly hope so).

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Are there any ETAs on standalone version of the mod?

End of November. But just so you know hackers are ruining this game. FYI

End of November. But just so you know hackers are ruining this game. FYI

Firs, heads up for listening to Opeth, it was actually my first-to-love Metal band. Real heads up.

Second, if you would read my first post, I said that I am looking forward to play the standalone version of the game. I really hope hackers won't ruin the game as they're doing it on the mod.

Well, standalone version lets them to choice what anti-hack program they are willing to use, so I hope for better.

Well, standalone version lets them to choose what anti-hack program they are willing to use, so I hope for better.

Theyre using Battleye :o

Edited by dillonblunts

Firs, heads up for listening to Opeth, it was actually my first-to-love Metal band. Real heads up.

Second, if you would read my first post, I said that I am looking forward to play the standalone version of the game. I really hope hackers won't ruin the game as they're doing it on the mod.

Well, standalone version lets them to choice what anti-hack program they are willing to use, so I hope for better.

I was being a tool man.

Its a motto from some people here to ruins someone else experience of the game by throwing the obligatory hackers ruin the game comment. (A lot of the vet posters here would get the joke). The mentality of a lot of people doesn't understand that the game is a developmental sandbox where ideas are constantly being tried and tested and gamers who are playing think this is reminscient of a final product where it is not.

Which also brings in the use of people putting up private hives. The goal for the developers is to collect data to seee what works and what doesn/t No data, no development. These servers to me seem to hamper the progression of the mod only to serve a purpose to enjoy the game in its current state and have no interest in helping the developers secure that data.

Day in and day out these boards are being hamered by such tomfoolery its getting to be more comical than helpful and I got caught in it.

Just my opinion and Im sure Ill get flamed for it.

ANd yes, Opeth does rule! \m/

Edited by opeth
  • Like 1

Hacking has always had the least effect on me in this game compared to others. Since it's not competitive, not too many hackers are looking to use the scripts to just kill you seeing as that wouldn't be too much fun for too long.

I've encountered a lot of 'hacking' situations in the past but have only died as a direct act of hacking maybe twice. One of them I'm not too sure about.

The common thing is for a scripter to teleport everyone to one area then have them duel it out. Just alt f4. It's the only times alt-f4 is acceptable. Don't do it just because you're in a combat situation and you think someone is hacking though.

• Like 1