Sign in to follow this  
Combos

Graphics artifacts fix

I'm bumping. I can 100% confirm that this works, and have been kicked every ~10-20 mins from my home server... I also varied the steps up a bit when "Proxy man" kept getting me kicked, so I used the Dog object instead.

Same result, but funny picture:

http://imgur.com/1dbRE

Just going to revert back to the original unmodified version for now until a Dev team or someone can comment on this.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

Faund somwhere dont remember where.

1. Download pbo viewer.

2. Make a backup @DayZ folder.

3. open dayz.pbo witch pbo viewer.

4. delete 3 files in folder objects called dead_soldier_0.p3d, dead_soldier_1.p3d, dead_soldier_template.p3d

5. copy 3 times file called proxy_man.p3d and rename this like up (dead_soldier_1 and etc.)

6. delete dayz.pbo

7. pack togheter edited pbo file to @dayz/addons

8. play the game without artifacts

Important: make backup copy @dayz, some servers can kick u for that so u doing this for yours responsibility. I think the best way to fix this is make dayz1.7.2.6 without Dead soldiers body in military areas. Small sugestion for Rocket ;p. And sorry for my english i know is bad ;) let me know that is work for u. Peace! ;)

I was trying to follow those instructions, got stuck in every-fucking-instructions.

Any help?

First of all, it doesn't exist at all any program named PBO VIEWER... there's just PBO View, and it won't let u delete, unless u expand, and if u do so, i can't figure it out how to pack.

So.. hm.. I would appreciate any help here.

Edited by korthyr

this needs to be made into a hotfix ASAP.

@korthyr: viewer and packer are all linked at the tools page of bohemia wiki

• Like 1

Alright, so if it's as easy as just deleting a couple of models? Why hasn't Rocket done it yet? It's affecting everyone. It would take him about an hour. He could work on fixing the bug later on his testing servers.

Alright, so if it's as easy as just deleting a couple of models? Why hasn't Rocket done it yet? It's affecting everyone. It would take him about an hour. He could work on fixing the bug later on his testing servers.

Because all servers had to update, too. The game is unplayable at this state so my personal opinion is that he should fix this immedeatly no matter what troubles will cause this with servers, but maybe he's just too stupid to play the game himself so he doesn't know... -.-'

• Like 1

Bumping.

BTW, use CPBO to unpack/pack the PBO files. PBO View doesn't seem to allow the repacking. For CPBO, after installing, simply right click the dayz.pbo file, highlight all files under it, and click extract/unpack. It will create a folder called dayz inside of the addons folder, and you can modify the files there. When done copy/pasting the 3 proxy mans, rename them to what the the solider names were, per the initial post. When done, right click and repack the whole folder, and it will ask you to replace the current PBO (make sure to save the original PBO somewhere else first!) Select copy and replace and you are done. :)

Edit: This does not fix the barbed wire artifacting, but it is much less game-crippling than the dead body artifacting. You can actually look at an airfield without having a seizure.

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

Bumping again.

2,000 views but no official comments :(. I created another post on General Discussion linking to this, may have been good for a few hits, but still no official comments. Everyone just keep bumping and maybe it will succeed, I'm tired of artifacting.

If you don't want to edit .pbo files and flush doesn't work for you, restart Arma. It will (should, always does for me and my friends, please correct me if I am wrong) temporarily fix the problem for 30 minutes or so, which should be more than enough to scavenge an airstrip or a single zone. Do keep in mind that disconnecting doesn't work, you have to restart the whole game.

Global forum moderator says:"I added other fixes that some other users state are working. I've heard of PBO editing but I do not recommend doing this

http://dayzmod.com/f...es/page__st__20

And I must tell something for user who still talking abaut restarting game. U are stupid or what? I dont F***g want restart game hundreds times in one day. I know all popular solutions!!!. people posting here want fix this for ever. Are u understand now?

Edited by Combos
  • Like 1

I have an ATI 5750 and I cannot get anywhere near a military area due to the graphics crappin out...

Is this scheduled to be fixed? I am really getting frustrated...

Would appriciate a word from the admins on if/when we could see this fixed.

Thanks and plz hurry!

Editing the files is not supported, and fix risks kicking you out of the server. While I appreciate what you're doing, understand that it could be potentially dangerous on both malicious and server terms. In other words, why risk having it kick you 20x times?