Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

Why you should hide your gear in a safe spot!

Going for a leisurely hunt in the woods just to get away from the traumatic visions of the dead eating the alive, and man being reduced to barbarity in order to survive, I notice something in the trees...

It can't be...

I move over to my hunting partner, who was confused at the rumbling noises and the large dark shape moving towards him...

...and then he laughed...

hQzeU.jpg

"We gotta move, now!" I screamed at him, like a little boy who just found a nerf gun lying on the side of the road.

He runs around the side, jumps in, and we drove straight in to the pine forest.

After using up half the petrol in the jeep, we were finally satisfied that we had put enough distance in between ourselves and the bush-garage.

As we casually hop out laughing about our fortune, I stroll around to the back of the jeep and take a look inside...

ZhuLO.jpg

CO0w2.jpg

c0s93.jpg

EB7X0.jpg

8n9Nc.jpg

"Griff....Griff?....are you there man?"

I can't hear my friend over the trumpets playing in my head.

(most of the equipment on me was also taken from the jeep)

Oh man! You lucky bastard.

BUT, it is possible that they spawned in there! When I went to green mountain, I found a 4wd with similar loot, that had clearly not been used. (Completely broken down, no nearby dead bodies, and in a spot that would seem it natural to spawn in.) Now whenever I see a military vehicle, even if I have no intention of driving the damn thing, I check it just to make sure it's not a treasure chest with wheels!

Oh man! You lucky bastard.

BUT' date=' it is possible that they spawned in there! When I went to green mountain, I found a 4wd with similar loot, that had clearly not been used. (Completely broken down, no nearby dead bodies, and in a spot that would seem it natural to spawn in.) Now whenever I see a military vehicle, even if I have no intention of driving the damn thing, I check it just to make sure it's not a treasure chest with wheels!

[/quote']

Yea? Where it was found kind of looked like it was carefully placed (in between a small cluster of trees, almost touching them).

Also, it was in pretty good nick! Green/yellow everything!

The initial vehicles which spawn in-game are all badly damaged with no equipment. So if you find something like that, then it's a player's hard-earned treasure.

Oh wow. In that case, I guess I'm a lucky bastard too. :D

The initial vehicles which spawn in-game are all badly damaged with no equipment. So if you find something like that' date=' then it's a player's hard-earned treasure.

[/quote']

Our car always spawns with 15 AKM Mags and 2 Grenades.

Yet everything we put in gets lost any time the server restarts. We took out almost all AKM Mags, put in food, spare parts and weapons with ammo.

The next day it was all empty except for 15 AKM Mags and 2 Grenades again.

Yeah i've seen vehicles spawn with ammo that i've not known to exist in the game. One UAZ had a 15 stack of FM FAL Ammo and RGS Grenades.

I noticed Rockets and a few other things in Griffs car that i'm sure don't exist in the Dayz loot tables

I can confirm that. I found two rockets in a car and spent a long while looking for the launcher. :P

Pro-tip. Don't forget to use clearWeaponCargoGlobal rather than clearWeaponCargo lol...

Thanks for highlighting that - fixed in 1.5.5

Am I going to lose all that gear?

Same cars seem to wipe their inventories... which sucks for now but I imagine it'll get fixed. Also I found a busted car with like 15 FAL mags as well. I spent so long looking for a fal.

I had a jeep and a car stashed away (the car has no wheels since the repair state didn't save during the last patch) and lost countless guns, ammo, supplies to those damn FAL clips and grenades. Also how many inventory spots does a vehicle have? We were never able to fit as much stuff in ours as is in the one in the screenshots above, and when it was "full" if you weren't paying attention and put something in that wouldn't fit, good luck finding it on the ground, since the distance it would appear was different each place we parked. But the night before last our jeep disappeared and our car with no wheels got moved ten or more feet sideways somehow..

Still not comfortable putting anything in it in fear of it disappearing like before.

Pro-tip. Don't forget to use clearWeaponCargoGlobal rather than clearWeaponCargo lol...

Thanks for highlighting that - fixed in 1.5.5

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(

Mag.

Can someone lighten me up pls?

If i put my gear into a vehicle it will remain there forever?

If i hide my gear somewhere in wild it will remain there forever?

No. But maybe in the future.

No.

No. But maybe in the future.

No.

If i drop some gear to ground i will be able to pick up after some minute? Like if i go swim to fill water. For some reason i lost gear when i wanted to refill and my gear dropped...

gear sometimes disappears (either drops into models of buildings/under ground textures), so you should always: a) drop your stuff on a flat surface, b) make sure not to replace one gun with another right in your Gear menu. drop your weapon first, pick up the new one

You do still risk the vehicle disappear on server restart. We found a Jeep last night on the middle of the road with no gas and broken gas tank.

Went out and found a gas tank and jerry can in the town 500m away (a lucky evening) only to have a server restart for 1.5.4. The Jeep, and 2 broken ATV in the town vanished.