Travis31

Combat logging: One of these things is not like the other.

I'm curious about the community/forum's thoughts on combat logging. Rather than espouse something that will just bring flamers, or initially quibble on where and what is allowed when, I'd like to start with a little game. I'm going to post a couple ways that a player can log out, and will order these in least/no combat logging to blatant combat logging. The purpose of this game is twofold: You can either quote someone whose list you generally agree to and add a situation of your choosing anywhere to the list to make a longer list. Or, on very long lists, you can quote someone and reorder the list. The purpose here is to see what people think about combat logging severity, as opposed to trying to find a dividing line between combat logging and not. If you want to see my failed attempt at arguing for such a line, you can find my first thread post here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63176-combat-logging-am-i-guilty-or-innocent/#entry602755

I will start my list in the second post!

Not Combat Logging Side

0. Reading this forum.

1. Bathing in the blood of innocents (Camping cherno).

2. You see a player. They do not see you. You log off.

3. Through voice chat, you convince someone to team up with. With his back turned, you steal something from his pack and log off.

4. You are west of Berezino. You are suddenly hacked into NW airfield with all the other players from the game. You open fire.

5. You are west of Berezino. You are suddenly hacked into NW airfield with all the other players from the game. You log off.

6. You are west of Berezino. You are suddenly hacked into NW airfield with all the other players from the game. You hear someone open fire. You log off.

7. You hear a gunshot. You log out

8. You hear several gunshots. You log out.

9. You take a bullet but dodge inside a house. You bandage. You wait. 5 minutes passes. You log off.

10. You get hit with a bullet. You log out.

Combat Logging Side

Edited by Travis31

Unless it's skiddies working out their daddy issues on random strangers, if you Alt-f4 you're not playing the game. You're the kind of sissy that covers their eyes at the scary parts of horror movies. What's the point? If you Alt-f4 when the crap impacts the cooling device you're just playing nothing but a jogging and junk collecting simulator.

• Like 4

Unless it's skiddies working out their daddy issues on random strangers, if you Alt-f4 you're not playing the game. You're the kind of sissy that covers their eyes at the scary parts of horror movies. What's the point? If you Alt-f4 when the crap impacts the cooling device you're just playing nothing but a jogging and junk collecting simulator.

Are you talking to me? Are you not capable of reading the thread purpose...?

Some of the not combat logging levels belong on the combat logging side or Alt+F4ing in general. If you log out at any given instance of player interaction or from combat itself, you just shouldn't be playing the game at all. Man up.

Logging out never even occurs to me. I RUNAWAY!!!!! when I think another player is close by.

i'll log out whenever i damn well please. real life goes on around me. i'll never log out because:

-i got shot

-someone is shooting at me

-i'm in a firefight

i will definitely log out if:

-i get teleported

-yep, being teleported is the only player action that will cause me to log out.

other reason for logging out:

-i have to poop or make a tinkle

-my wife offers me a blow-job

-i've just had an encounter that left my heart pounding and my hands shaking and i need to have a smoke and a 5 minute break

Wow... You do know you are a douche bag?

What? "Please justify the excuses I make for being a spineless pussy?"

The only time I'd log during a player interaction is if there were hacks involved. Such as invisible players, god-mode, or the usual teleportation crap.

Other than that, people who log out in the middle of combat should be ashamed of themselves.

Also, I have to agree with Gogster. The OP makes no sense.

Edited by Professional N00b

What? "Please justify the excuses I make for being a spineless pussy?"

I apologize if English is not your primary language. I don't want to offend you for language endeavors. But i don't see how you being a spineless pussy has anything to do with a quote game I was attempting to start?

The only time I'd log during a player interaction is if there were hacks involved. Such as invisible players, god-mode, or the usual teleportation crap.

Other than that, people who log out in the middle of combat should be ashamed of themselves.

Also, I have to agree with Gogster. The OP makes no sense.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'll let this thread die and come back later to try again. I wasn't trying to make any statements about what was or wasn't combat logging; but perhaps by asserting that there is somehow things that are more outrageous combat logging and some that are either benign or not even combat logging, and merely trying to make a continuous list on the spectrum must not be as interesting to other people as it is to me.

Somehow populating a list where the only true one was me being teleported to nw airfield and me logging off makes me worthy of flames? My guess is linking the previous thread as context just confused people to the point of this one...

If the walls are starting to bleed, weapons get fired from the sky or teleportations happen: GTFO!

Everything else is combat logging. You are the kid who runs home crying after losing a football match. So basically you're Germany.

Well, seeing as the only true, self-reported one from the list was the one about me being teleported from Berezino and logging off immediately, apparently i'm suddenly not Germany?

If the walls are starting to bleed, weapons get fired from the sky or teleportations happen: GTFO!

Everything else is combat logging. You are the kid who runs home crying after losing a football match. So basically you're FRANCE.

Fixed.

Some of the not combat logging levels belong on the combat logging side or Alt+F4ing in general. If you log out at any given instance of player interaction or from combat itself, you just shouldn't be playing the game at all. Man up.

It's a spectrum that I was attempting to create. The 11 items i created were random, and perhaps skewed one way or the other. The point was for people to either reorder my list if they disagreed with it, or add one more item if they generally agreed with it. Don't worry about it now, though, i'm gonna let the thread die and try to be more clear next time.

Fixed.

Lol; Did France run a lot? I thought they just didn't really fight much.

Here's the thing, lets say I'm moving from A to B and someone starts shooting. I don't know where the shots are coming from, or if they're even aimed at me so I dive for cover, and the shots stop. I look around trying to figure out where the shots came from but I don't see anyone... how long do I have to wait before I'm a "combat logging sissy"? 10 seconds? 30 seconds? 60 seconds? Or am I only allowed to log out after I kill the guy shooting, or die trying?

I apologize if English is not your primary language. I don't want to offend you for language endeavors. But i don't see how you being a spineless pussy has anything to do with a quote game I was attempting to start?

I'm English, I have no idea what you are talking about in this thread... something to do with Alt-F4....

I'm English, I have no idea what you are talking about in this thread... something to do with Alt-F4....

Funny... i never once used the term Alt-F4... I wonder how, if you can read, you got that inclination from me...

Here's the thing, lets say I'm moving from A to B and someone starts shooting. I don't know where the shots are coming from, or if they're even aimed at me so I dive for cover, and the shots stop. I look around trying to figure out where the shots came from but I don't see anyone... how long do I have to wait before I'm a "combat logging sissy"? 10 seconds? 30 seconds? 60 seconds? Or am I only allowed to log out after I kill the guy shooting, or die trying?

You said you were moving to a destination so the only reason you'd log off before reaching point B would be to dodge the attacker.