xcryonic

[How To] ArmA 2: CO + Steam Tracking and Overlay with Beta Patch

Cryonic just a slight adjustment to your launch settings. I haven't tested this but adding the -nosplash should stop the splash screen showing up.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash ;ca

That wouldn't work, because the ;ca should be just after @DayZ, and I know -nosplash parameter, I already use it among with many other parameters like;

-world=empty

-maxmem=2114

-winxp

etc.

Since the newest beta 93825 the game will throw various errors, either some "Can not find CAMisc_x_y files", "Missing xy.config" or "Error creating Direct 3D graphical engine"..

Using Steam version, launch parameters are:

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -cpucount=6 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -world=Chernarus

I start the game by launching "ARMA II: Combined Operations". Steam is launched in Administrator world. Both the beta .exe and .dll have been copied over into the main directory.

I know these errors are not directly related to DayZ but to the underlying beast which is named ARMA II, anyone have ideas how to get this fixed?

This is what I did to properly install the latest 93825 beta patch:

1. Download the 93825 .zip file, unzip it and run the installer;

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2. Copy the files (not the folder, but the files inside) from the following two folders:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\dta

and

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\dll

Copy the files inside those two folders into the root Arma II OA Folder, in my case:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

3. Then go to:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

And copy the "arma2oa.exe" into the root folder of Arma II OA:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

It will ask you if you want to replace the file as it has the same folder, say yes.

4. Then go into Steam; Arma II OA Properties; Set Launch options and copy the following into the box:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ

You should now have the 93825 beta with no errors and it should work fine via Steam, this is the launch options flag I have:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ -nosplash -world=empty

Added the "-nosplash" and "-world=empty" to make the initial game loading time faster.

That is how you should do it, the instructions on first page are quite misleading and I could not get it to work like that. ;)

Hope it helps others as well. :rolleyes:

o.O This is like some Linux manual file or sth. I hope Steam won't give me a VAC ban for messing around with the game like that. Anyway thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Update:

Well now the game is running but something is really borked. Some servers that have 93825 required won't allow me to join, others that have 93825 let me join but no zombies/loot. I guess I'll have to wait until all this beta nonsense is over, currently the available DayZ servers are extremely fragmented between DayZ version, ARMA II beta versions and general settings. This is one of the gripes I've had with ARMA II again and again - game/mod fragmentation.

o.O This is like some Linux manual file or sth. I hope Steam won't give me a VAC ban for messing around with the game like that. Anyway thanks' date=' I'll give it a shot.

Update:

Well now the game is running but something is really borked. Some servers that have 93825 required won't allow me to join, others that have 93825 let me join but no zombies/loot. I guess I'll have to wait until all this beta nonsense is over, currently the available DayZ servers are extremely fragmented between DayZ version, ARMA II beta versions and general settings. This is one of the gripes I've had with ARMA II again and again - game/mod fragmentation.

[/quote']

It is very easy.

1. Run STEAM as adminstrator.

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit.

3. Install DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater, which you can download from here. http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip

4. Install latest beta patch, which is 1.60.93825, run it as adminstrator also, better be safe than sorry.

5. Add one of the following parameters as a launch option in STEAM to ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The second parameter is the same but in different form, some reports say that some people have difficulties with the default parameter.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

OR

6. Download "_runA2CO.cmd" from here http://www.mediafire.com/?tju0d6s5md6y8r6 and put it in the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead's game folder in "\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" and overwrite if asked. DO NOT CHANGE THE PARAMETERS IN "_runA2CO.cmd" FILE!

7. Copy & Paste the Beta "arma2oa.exe" from "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" folder to "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and overwrite if needed, before pasting. Make a backup of the original "arma2oa.exe" by moving it to other folder or by changing it name to something else, like "arma2oa.bak.exe"

IF after this it still doesn't work, I think you've gotta download and reinstall the game, the game files seem to have been really messed up, I suggest you never to mix up Beta files with Stock patch files that will f*ck up everything, trust me. I've seen it many times. My method just loads the Beta files from the beta folder without tampering with the original game files nor dll's. the only file you need to

Cheers! Good luck! :)

Cant seem to get it working properly.

Ive got Day Z 1.7.1 downloaded, and ive downloaded and installed the latest beta patch for arma 2. Not sure if I did that correctly though. I installed it into the Expansion Beta folder.

it opens the game from the updater fine now, but I had to download the Day Z files manually. When I open the game I can connect to servers but I spawn into an open world with nothing but hills and empty corpses.

Ive tried all the steam launcher extensions and stuff.

Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks

Six Updater ... check the beta button and click on mods search for @dayz and make right click use mod in dynamic preset and then on the left side rightclick again . updater actions and update or install mod.. then it installs dayz and arma 2 beta latest and when it finished you click right click updater actions an launch the game :) finish

if needed come to our teamspeak we help you :) 84.200.21.200:9990 but we are only germans so perhaps there is a language problem :D

All I did was what I posted few posts above and it works great, friend did the same too, and also works fine.

No need to do any .cmd file or use the updater.

Cant seem to get it working properly.

Ive got Day Z 1.7.1 downloaded' date=' and ive downloaded and installed the latest beta patch for arma 2. Not sure if I did that correctly though. I installed it into the Expansion Beta folder.

it opens the game from the updater fine now, but I had to download the Day Z files manually. When I open the game I can connect to servers but I spawn into an open world with nothing but hills and empty corpses.

Ive tried all the steam launcher extensions and stuff.

Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks

[/quote']

It works but your character is bugged, and you're in debug zone, you need to run east or ask a mod/admin or whatever to teleport you back to gamezone. OR try to respawn

All I did was what I posted few posts above and it works great' date=' friend did the same too, and also works fine.

[/quote']

Well using your method ive gotten the sound working which wasnt working before. I forgot to mention that. But still in the empty world.

It works but your character is bugged' date=' and you're in debug zone, you need to run east or ask a mod/admin or whatever to teleport you back to gamezone. OR try to respawn

[/quote']

Ill try this thanks. is it the admin of the server I must ask?

EDIT: Also, what should I use to launch the game? A2CO from the steam menu? Or just OA? or the updater?

This is how I feel about you:

Thank you, have been looking for a guide to fix steam +beta.

you wont have a steam overlay for chatting and it wont log your hours but if you don't care or just aren't good with computers' date=' this video will get you the latest dayz files installed as well as the beta.

[/quote']

Bit of a pointless post. People that read this thread obviously DO want the tracking and overlay to work, no?

Well since i got all my information to update to the most current update from the information in this post i'll post my problems i'm having here and hope i get an answer.

So i've copied files, cahnged the steam load options, copied the new arma2OA.exe file all that jazz. On the main screen in the upper right it says i'm running Expansion, Beta, @DayZ and on the bottom it says i'm running version 1.60.93825. But here is what is happening now.

1. I have no ingame sound. But durning the server selection screen i have the background music. When i'm in game i can go to the sound options and make changes and i can hear the voice so you can judge how loud or quiet things are. But as for just playing the game, so sound at all, no background noise, no environment noise, no walking noise and no gun noise.

2. No debug monitor on the right side of the screen. It's just gone.

3. My water and food icons are jacked. The water icon is just the outline, no fill color. I've tried drinking and sometimes that adds color, making it red. But no matter how much i drink it won't change from red. The food icon just stays red.

you wont have a steam overlay for chatting and it wont log your hours but if you don't care or just aren't good with computers' date=' this video will get you the latest dayz files installed as well as the beta.

[/quote']

Bit of a pointless post. People that read this thread obviously DO want the tracking and overlay to work, no?

perhaps, but after a while i just wanted it to work period. I can understand your opinion though.

h0nu

This is how I feel about you:

Thank you' date=' have been looking for a guide to fix steam +beta.

[/quote']

Aww, thanks! :blush:

PsyRenity

All I did was what I posted few posts above and it works great' date=' friend did the same too, and also works fine.

[/quote']

Well using your method ive gotten the sound working which wasnt working before. I forgot to mention that. But still in the empty world.

It works but your character is bugged' date=' and you're in debug zone, you need to run east or ask a mod/admin or whatever to teleport you back to gamezone. OR try to respawn

[/quote']

Ill try this thanks. is it the admin of the server I must ask?

EDIT: Also, what should I use to launch the game? A2CO from the steam menu? Or just OA? or the updater?

You have to ask a DayZ dev to move you to a different location, and you should launch the game as ArmA 2: Combined Operations or it will not work.

Lthlrn

Well since i got all my information to update to the most current update from the information in this post i'll post my problems i'm having here and hope i get an answer.

So i've copied files' date=' cahnged the steam load options, copied the new arma2OA.exe file all that jazz. On the main screen in the upper right it says i'm running Expansion, Beta, @DayZ and on the bottom it says i'm running version 1.60.93825. But here is what is happening now.

1. I have no ingame sound. But durning the server selection screen i have the background music. When i'm in game i can go to the sound options and make changes and i can hear the voice so you can judge how loud or quiet things are. But as for just playing the game, so sound at all, no background noise, no environment noise, no walking noise and no gun noise.

2. No debug monitor on the right side of the screen. It's just gone.

3. My water and food icons are jacked. The water icon is just the outline, no fill color. I've tried drinking and sometimes that adds color, making it red. But no matter how much i drink it won't change from red. The food icon just stays red.

[/quote']

Try to reinstall the DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip , But before updating or downloading anything, delete the old @DayZ folder from the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead folder, let me know if it doesn't help!

Cheers! :)

(Has it worked normally before ?)

If it still doesn't work, you can do the following to ensure you have installed and done everything correctly;

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

3. Install DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater, which you can download from here. http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip

4. Install latest beta patch, which is 1.60.93825, run it as adminstrator also, better be safe than sorry.

5. Add one of the following parameters as a launch option in STEAM to ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The second parameter is the same but in different form, some reports say that some people have difficulties with the default parameter.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

OR

6. Download "_runA2CO.cmd" from here http://www.mediafire.com/?tju0d6s5md6y8r6 and put it in the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead's game folder in "\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" and overwrite if asked. DO NOT CHANGE THE PARAMETERS IN "_runA2CO.cmd" FILE!

7. Copy & Paste the Beta "arma2oa.exe" from "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" folder to "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and overwrite if needed, before pasting. Make a backup of the original "arma2oa.exe" by moving it to other folder or by changing it name to something else, like "arma2oa.bak.exe"

I get this error when installing the beta version of OA.

When I run the .exe to update, it pauses at 85% for 15 seconds then it finishes and gives me the error.

I'm getting the poltergeist glitch in game and I can not see loot.

Here is my location of my OA

D:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

ARMA2OA_ERROR.png

Im running Windows 7 64 bit.

I get this error when installing the beta version of OA.

When I run the .exe to update' date=' it pauses at 85% for 15 seconds then it finishes and gives me the error.

I'm getting the poltergeist glitch in game and I can not see loot.

Here is my location of my OA

D:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

[img']http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/abdomina/ARMA2OA_ERROR.png

Im running Windows 7 64 bit.

Before installing the update;

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

Because it seems that your game has not been registered to your Windows Registry, and re-installing the DayZ should fix the invisible loot bug, if not. Your game files are corrupted and needs to be re-installed, or atleast verify the file integrity from STEAM for both games, ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

Great job. I had been looking into doing this exact same thing recently. You beat me to it!

Great job. I had been looking into doing this exact same thing recently. You beat me to it!

Haha, thanks! :D

Hey there, this worked great for me. I can finally run it through Steam rather than the Six Launcher. The only thing I've noticed is that when I launch the game via Steam (with this launch parameter), in the expansions widow, it lists ArmA 2. While when I launch with the Six Launcher it lists it as ArmA 2: Free (yes I am running it with the free version of ArmA 2 at the moment). I have noticed that the menus run a lot smoother with it listed as ArmA 2: Free. So I guess my question is, is there an edit that can be made to your listed parameter to do this also? Oh and where on your parameter would I add the no splash option?

Yes all very Noobish I know, but then, I am a Noob.