Sign in to follow this  
TheFired3mon

Opinions of DayZ?

Just going to go right to the point. What's everyone's opinions on the game? Pros? Cons? I'm strongly considering buying the ARMA II: Combined Operations just for this mod, but I don't want to judge it only from YouTubers. So, I turn to the community to find out what I want to know before I buy it. Thank you in advance for the help.

get off your lazy ass and search the forum for threads. there are hundreds of threads about how cool or how bad this mod is, don't let others do the work for you

Depends, take a serious look at yourself and ask the important questions.

Can I handle an ALPHA tester's issues? Things will go horribly wrong and you'll lose all your stuff and probably die. Once gone, it's gone.

Can I handle the utter brutality of the mod? You will get killed by people and they will not give it a second thought. Your stuff is gone and it's gone forever.

Can I truly comprehend that this is not a bugless AAA FPS? It's not.

If so try it, if you don't like it you don't like it.

Depends' date=' take a serious look at yourself and ask the important questions.

Can I handle an ALPHA tester's issues? Things will go horribly wrong and you'll lose all your stuff and probably die. Once gone, it's gone.

Can I handle the utter brutality of the mod? You will get killed by people and they will not give it a second thought. Your stuff is gone and it's gone forever.

Can I truly comprehend that this is not a bugless AAA FPS? It's not.

If so try it, if you don't like it you don't like it.

[/quote']

Yeah, I understand all that. Part of what drew me to the mod is the survival aspect and the permanent death. Was just looking to see other's opinions of it. Thank you for the good response.

get off your lazy ass and search the forum for threads. there are hundreds of threads about how cool or how bad this mod is' date=' don't let others do the work for you

[/quote']

I did browse the forums a bit before posting this, and I only saw people bitching about "Oh no this game is shit because I only get killed by players. This is supposed to be zombie survival" and such, which doesn't help me. No, I didn't use the search, but I did go through multiple forum pages. Have a nice day. =p

Funnily enough, the game isn't really about 'zombie survival'. It's just about 'survival'.

If you look at the Walking Dead series, zombies are just a side-part of that compared to the human drama. This catches it quite well.

You may get fed up with various connection issues and whatnot, but the game itself is great. I do recommend finding a friend though. I'm on my lonesome and it gets a bit, well, lonely.