gwbrewer

VertHosting LTD is terribad worst out there.

If you want to wait days to get a server and love to be ignored in your tickets only to find out the person doing all the technical work doesn't know what all he is doing.. by all means hire this guy (I say this guy because it only looks like 1 guy doing it all).. You won't regret it

/sarcasm off

i take it you payed for a server and they took a very long time and didnt respond to your messages, so your flaming them on the forums?

i take it you payed for a server and they took a very long time and didnt respond to your messages, so your flaming them on the forums?

Just reporting my experience.. So the next person knows.. if someone feels different they are more than welcome to post. that is what a forum is for.. it is "server" related right?

OK the story of gwbrewers server:

gwbrewer ordered a server recently (with a few extra changes). It was one of our Kansas servers. We had the server set-up and given to him in a reasonable time frame (a few working days).

Since it was setup, he had the server rebooted and the hive bugged out, causing him to lose a few of his in game items. This is just pure unluckiness - the mod is in alpha, and bugs are to be expected.

Support ticket replies have taken up to 12 hours, but that is because the two owners live in New Zealand. When it is day time in America, it is early morning for us. 5PM for us is midnight in East Coast America, and we're not nocturnal and this is not our only job. He was also annoyed that we did not have a control panel available for use to manage his server with. This is true as the panel is in development, but we have been releasing beta access to our clients that request it (and accept that the panel may contain unforeseen bugs and issues).

His experience may not have been the best (set-up time could have been faster, support tickets could have been faster), but it's nothing that terrible.

To his comment about one person managing it. This is partially true - I manage all of the DayZ Servers and related support tickets, but we are not a one man operation.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

OK the story of gwbrewers server:

gwbrewer ordered a server recently (with a few extra changes). It was one of our Kansas servers. We had the server set-up and given to him in a reasonable time frame (a few working days).

Since it was setup, he had the server rebooted and the hive bugged out, causing him to lose a few of his in game items. This is just pure unluckiness - the mod is in alpha, and bugs are to be expected.

Support ticket replies have taken up to 12 hours, but that is because the two owners live in New Zealand. When it is day time in America, it is early morning for us. 5PM for us is midnight in East Coast America, and we're not nocturnal and this is not our only job. He was also annoyed that we did not have a control panel available for use to manage his server with. This is true as the panel is in development, but we have been releasing beta access to our clients that request it (and accept that the panel may contain unforeseen bugs and issues).

His experience may not have been the best (set-up time could have been faster, support tickets could have been faster), but it's nothing that terrible.

To his comment about one person managing it. This is partially true - I manage all of the DayZ Servers and related support tickets, but we are not a one man operation.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

Sounds like you need to hire more people to do your job. Small hosting companies that pop up just want to take peoples money

Sounds like you need to hire more people to do your job. Small hosting companies that pop up just want to take peoples money

We have a few other part-time staff. We're here to stay (have been since we registered as a company in April).

James Warner

Vert Hosting

I host with vert hosting too and this is what I have noticed:

The guy running it is a pretty cool person and responds as quickly as possible to my requests.

He and his company have bent over backwards to accommodate my server hosting requirements.

They have not been around forever and as such they still have a few things to streamline, develop, and work on.

They are not just about the money and they actually care about their clients.

They are far easier to reach and casual than many of the hosting companies out there that just want a bank deposit from you and actually take the time to handle your server rather than click a setup file and let it run only stopping to deal with you if there is a problem.

Fix made sure my server was working and we even sat together for hours one night figuring out why the server wasn't working to discover what was wrong which will only help the next person that comes along and has the same problem (I was thinking to myself the whole time "Who sits down with a customer for hours trying to figure out the problem!? I have never ran into a company online like this).

I have never, I repeat NEVER ran across a hosting company that seems more like a friend or someone you can count on and work with than some damn drone you deposit money to every month. I have of course ran across the companies that seem like a friend only to find out it was a cleverly scripted chat bot being friendly ;)

I know this is not his only job and I understand that, I appreciate how available he is regardless of his other commitments and I'm not on here flaming his company because things might not go my way.

I had a bug earlier, we were trying to delete a bugged vehicle and it messed up the whole vehicle DB. We had to fix it by uploading a fresh one. We lost choppers, a uaz, and some other fun toys. I'm not on here flaming him because my server bugged out, I know that this is a mod and shit will happen. (Hell, my legs break on a daily basis while palying this game, do I bitch about it on the forums? Nope, I just carry extra morphine and solve the problem).

What I can tell you is that these guys really do care. I've gotten so used to a company telling me to go frak myself instead of providing the best customer service they can. I have not had this problem with vert hosting. Yeah, they are not a huge gaming company that hosts servers for 100s of other games but they are nice. It's the difference between a big huge company and a smaller one. The smaller one is going to be more realistic and personable whereas a bigger company is going to be more detached and more about the quantity than the quality.

I choose quality. These guys aren't perfect and they still have stuff in development but they are sincere. That counts a hell of a lot more to me than a few bumps on the road to getting my server running.

It's was a locally stored setup... How can you say it is alpha and buggy when the MYSQL database is suppose to be setup to store the information locally? You can't, you can only guess at what you didn't setup correctly.. why do I know this.. other locally stored servers are not having the same issue yours is.. I suggest getting with the admins of those server and makes sure your setup is solid before making a customer feel like it is their fault or worse yet, just blaming it on the game..There are tools that can tell you if things are being stored to the database.. I suggest using them in the future. won't check back on this issue as far as I am concerned I paid you 35 dollars for a terrible experince and elementary tech skills.. but hey.. I've got more money no problem. I'm done.. Good luck to your business.

Edited by gwbrewer

Small hosting companies that pop up just want to take peoples money

...as opposed to giant hosting companies that spring up with thousands of clients from the ether to give out free hosting to the masses?

Did you read anything you typed?

Your post comes off like you think every company is a scam except for if a Google sized web hosting company spontaneously poofed into existence and offered free hosting.

Anyway, back to gwbrewer...

From what FiX posted, and from the tone of gwbrewer's post, it sounds like to me that gwbrewer is a "Wallet Admin". Someone who knows virtually nothing about server operation other than how to punch in credit card details to submit payment. Learn some basics, sir. It'll go a long way.

Your logic is also greatly flawed. Who cares if the MySQL DB is locally or remotely stored? How does that negate the fact that DayZ itself is Alpha and buggy? If DayZ's own logic for performing SQL queries is buggy (and it sure as hell seems to be at the moment given the Hive update issues in 1.7.2.5) then it doesn't matter where your MySQL server is or whether or not you're using Rocket's hive. You seem to have very little understanding of how things work, further backing up my "Wallet Admin" theory of you.

I've never used Vert Hosting and would only ever run my own server from scratch vs. a server-in-a-box host anyway (in fact, I run a DayZ server right now), but wallet admins who yell at hosts really irk me.

...as opposed to giant hosting companies that spring up with thousands of clients from the ether to give out free hosting to the masses?

Did you read anything you typed?

Your post comes off like you think every company is a scam except for if a Google sized web hosting company spontaneously poofed into existence and offered free hosting.

Anyway, back to gwbrewer...

From what FiX posted, and from the tone of gwbrewer's post, it sounds like to me that gwbrewer is a "Wallet Admin". Someone who knows virtually nothing about server operation other than how to punch in credit card details to submit payment. Learn some basics, sir. It'll go a long way.

Your logic is also greatly flawed. Who cares if the MySQL DB is locally or remotely stored? How does that negate the fact that DayZ itself is Alpha and buggy? If DayZ's own logic for performing SQL queries is buggy (and it sure as hell seems to be at the moment given the Hive update issues in 1.7.2.5) then it doesn't matter where your MySQL server is or whether or not you're using Rocket's hive. You seem to have very little understanding of how things work, further backing up my "Wallet Admin" theory of you.

I've never used Vert Hosting and would only ever run my own server from scratch vs. a server-in-a-box host anyway (in fact, I run a DayZ server right now), but wallet admins who yell at hosts really irk me.

edited* you got me bro.. I know nothing about MYSQL/MSSQL or Oracle.. I'm oblvivious to IT.. you know me so well.. My wallet is soo huge.. I shit money.. I must get paid a ton of money for not knowing shit.. haha.. nice troll.. in the end.. this is my experince.. take it or leave it..

Edited by gwbrewer

*edited so that i might not feed the troll

Edited by gwbrewer

You could have fooled me by buying managed hosting and acting like a wallet admin. You certainly make no effort to display any sort of IT competency in your posts to even convince me that you are capable of anything beyond Microsoft Word. So, please accept my apologies if I don't believe a word of what you're saying. I like that you imply I am still in school when it's clear that's where you should be. Your original post (since edited) incorrectly used "you're" and you're spouting off terms like "bro" (Yeah, yeah, "Grammar Nazi". But you brought up education first, sir. You made it fair game.)

Hah, and as I'm typing this you just updated another post riddled with typographical errors and more nonsensical wallet admin garbage. Did Vert Hosting agree to, in their terms of service or otherwise, guarantee and watch over the database? It sounds like you're making a lot of the same wild assumptions I see $5/month shared hosting wallet admins make. You can't even talk about databases in proper terms, either. "The files" are not updating. Hilarious.

If you want to play the e-peen waggle war, not only have I run and managed an entire data center floor of hundreds of racks for years, but I am a developer. I've seen you "wallet admin" folks time and time again. If you had the knowledge you say you do, you would have leased an unmanaged server and set things up yourself. Not only would it perform better (especially with your "13 years experience") but it would be cheaper and easier. For someone as "amazing" as you, it makes zero sense to purchase managed. Don't even pull the "time" card. You've already admitted to spending more time in the ticket system than it would've taken any amateur admin to maintain their own unmanaged box. That's why all of my stuff is leased unmanaged and maintained by myself.

Your move, wallet admin. Dig that hole deeper. Although, I welcome you to take this into PM with me so that we don't continue to gum up Vert Hosting's threads. I just felt the need to defend them against someone who is clearly irrational and incompetent.

You could have fooled me by buying managed hosting and acting like a wallet admin. You certainly make no effort to display any sort of IT competency in your posts to even convince me that you are capable of anything beyond Microsoft Word. So, please accept my apologies if I don't believe a word of what you're saying. I like that you imply I am still in school when it's clear that's where you should be. Your original post (since edited) incorrectly used "you're" and you're spouting off terms like "bro" (Yeah, yeah, "Grammar Nazi". But you brought up education first, sir. You made it fair game.)

Hah, and as I'm typing this you just updated another post riddled with typographical errors and more nonsensical wallet admin garbage. Did Vert Hosting agree to, in their terms of service or otherwise, guarantee and watch over the database? It sounds like you're making a lot of the same wild assumptions I see $5/month shared hosting wallet admins make. You can't even talk about databases in proper terms, either. "The files" are not updating. Hilarious.

If you want to play the e-peen waggle war, not only have I run and managed an entire data center floor of hundreds of racks for years, but I am a developer. I've seen you "wallet admin" folks time and time again. If you had the knowledge you say you do, you would have leased an unmanaged server and set things up yourself. Not only would it perform better (especially with your "13 years experience") but it would be cheaper and easier. For someone as "amazing" as you, it makes zero sense to purchase managed. Don't even pull the "time" card. You've already admitted to spending more time in the ticket system than it would've taken any amateur admin to maintain their own unmanaged box. That's why all of my stuff is leased unmanaged and maintained by myself.

Your move, wallet admin. Dig that hole deeper. Although, I welcome you to take this into PM with me so that we don't continue to gum up Vert Hosting's threads. I just felt the need to defend them against someone who is clearly irrational and incompetent.

Obviously a "CEO" of Vert attmept at saving face "Let's take it to PM".. The best thing you could have done was let everyone know you hired highschool drop outs to set the servers up.. nice try troll.. Bad service is just bad service.

Edited by gwbrewer

While scavenger tries to take this subject off topic (I guess an attempts at having it closed or cleaned up) let me assure you.. You have every right to hire this server hosting group.. I just don't reccomend it. Forums are meant for opionions.. if you don't like them you don't have to listen. See you in game!!

Edited by gwbrewer

Hahaha I love that's all you can come up with now as a retort to my posts. Yes, clearly I am affiliated with Vert Hosting. It would be a great business decision to berate a former client in the very same thread that they made about "my" company. Mere hours after "my real user's" post, too.

I am just a random person of the DayZ community, unaffiliated with any hosting company of any kind, who hates irrational incompetent jerk wallet admins who are self-entitled. Having run that data center for years, I've run into too many of you to not speak out when you're hurting upstart businesses with your garbage. I have no opinion of Vert Hosting, but I have one of you. I'm making it known.

Hilarious. I requested that you dig yourself deeper, and you've done just that. It couldn't possibly be that I'm trying to avoid a public flame war that results in a moderator coming in and yelling at the both of us, could it? Naw, that'd be applying that thing called "logic" that's so foreign to you.

HAHAHA and you just updated saying I'm taking it "off-topic"? Who is the one who evaded my giant post with a "clearly you're Vert's CEO!" fallacy. You're classic, man. Now you're telling me that if I don't like what you have to say I should just be quiet and not read your threads? D'awww, sorry for standing up for logic and reason, my good sir. Carry on with your irrational rage.

Just a note from us: Venthos is in no way related to Vert Hosting Limited.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

Edited by FiX

Troll's gonna troll

You do understand making a thread like this just shows that you're very childish. You understand that right? I don't understand why you would flame us for no reason. But your opinion is yours and everyone has their own.

No comments about Vert, but...

Had a great experience with Vilayer. The server was set up the day I paid for it, and connected to the hive. Since then, other than the control panel being down for a good 8 hours one day, the service has been rock solid.

Edited by MoxMono

The story repeats itself.

I had the worst imaginable experience with Vert hosting, in less then 24 hrs I experience loss of service, wrong information sent, several resets of passwords. Lack of a good customer service and lots of " do it yourself " advice.

It got to the point i could not play DayZ in their host as i kept getting kicked out for all sort of script errors and lack of updated files.

What they offer is basically a do it yourself service with little or no real expert support.

I counted at least 27 ticket extensions just to get the server running and even then I continued to experience server disconnects due to poor setup from the host.

I did put in lots of hours trying to follow Mr James advice which it seems its a one man show still.I canceled appointments and ended up in being let down by Vert Hosting.

I do hope that the ones who have a stable server with Vert hosting dont have to go through what i experienced.And to people thinking about renting...think twice.

Now i shall wait for the usual damage control from MR James Warner the Network Administrator.

Marketing excuses as to lack of professionalism and dedication to new customers.

Please accept my sincere advice as to why i canceled my subscription with this host for DayZ, it just saddens me to be treated in this manner.

A 24hrs nightmare,never again.

I am in the process of canceling the service with a formal letter of complaint addressed to the company director for this abysmal lack of professionalism.

Please don't resurrect topics in the manner of storytelling.

Thanks.

• Like 1