DimestoreTiamat

A slow slow death

Alright guys basically here is my deal. I try to play Day Z and my connection slowly, and without fail, dies. I am able to get on the server (and I have tried doing this with multiple servers), but my connection drops to yellow after a few steps, then phases into red and I have to alt+f4 out of the game. Oddly enough, I have also experienced lag when I hosted a game of ARMA 2 where it was just me and some AI.

Here is a short list of stuff I tried:

• Reinstalling ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead. This did not work at all.
  • Reinstalling BattlEye Anti-Cheat. Also didn't work.
  • Running it through DayZCommander. I do this every time.
  • Getting the most recent ARMA 2 beta patch and DayZ mod version. I got both.
  • Run Steam as Admin. I do this every time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought the game to play the mod and it frustrates me that I have spent 2 hours in game just trying to figure out what is wrong.

I am using wifi so your assessment is pretty accurate. However is this the only thing that would cause this? Or even the most likely?

Judging on the information you provided us with - yes, it's most likely your internet connection.

Edited by Quantic

I see. Well that's a relief! Bad internet is something I can fix. What would I need to do to boost my wifi signal? I have seen the boosters in stores but I am wondering if that is really warrented. I cannot connect my machine directly to the modem as there is a floor seperating the two.