Sign in to follow this  
Post Hoc

Why are cars so rare?

Simply put, why are they so rare? ive never seen one in game and they are never at the spawn locations. I think there should be more car spawns.

• Like 2

Because when the host starts up their server, they will spend hours getting all the vehicles in the game and hording them. It is sad, but it's their server (which they are paying for).

People hide them on or near the edge of the map.

Same reason why anyone would take a tent over a house.. to roll out crappy patches.. duhh..

cause theyve been fixed up by other people and hidden?

duh?

if vehicles constantly spawned there would be 50 things driving around per server.

if you dont suck at DayZ it takes all of 1 night to find a vehicle. if you reallllly want one, go to a spawn point and server hop.

other than that, search the western/northern forests. takes all of 3-4 hours to do a full clear of the west side and youre guaranteed to find some and atleast 1 tent city per server

Edited by Buffjesus

65% of vehicles are actually within 300m of towns.

They are just hidden in plain sight.

Yes, there are camps on the outskirts of the map with cars, however, its not as many ON MOST SERVERS as you think (some servers do seriously have 60% of the cars in one camp.)

• Like 1

cause theyve been fixed up by other people and hidden?

duh?

if vehicles constantly spawned there would be 50 things driving around per server.

if you dont suck at DayZ it takes all of 1 night to find a vehicle. if you reallllly want one, go to a spawn point and server hop.

other than that, search the western/northern forests. takes all of 3-4 hours to do a full clear of the west side and youre guaranteed to find some and atleast 1 tent city per server

No offence but server hopping is for bitches

• Like 5

I dont think server hopping is for "bitches". its just a time saver. Im just tired of running everywhere.

• Like 1

as of 1.7.2.5 all vehicles respawn on a server restart

So we can expect to see much longer times before a server reset.

Haha.. I think I'm the only one that caught that..

I just found my first vehicle ever last night. I hear everybody say, "Go look along the West edge of the map", well, I finally did. Found an AS50 TWS in a tent city and a White Off-Road Truck with 6 Gerry cans in it!! Want a vehicle? Go hit the West edge of the map, if you dont find a vehicle you will at least find tents with goodies in them!

• Like 1

No offence but server hopping is for bitches

yeah but playing on a 2 month old server then claiming vehicles dont exist

see the problem with this?

I find a car once a day. Yesterday I found a few borken cars. I spend 2 hours finding 4 wheels, engine, Gas only to have the server go down when I got the car working. I saved the car it spawns back broke again. Just a waste of time.

There needs to be more cars and you shouldnt spawn so far away from cherno or electro half the time. Nobody wants to run for 30 mins. Everyone I know just kills there self if they don't get a close spawn.

I just found my first vehicle ever last night. I hear everybody say, "Go look along the West edge of the map", well, I finally did. Found an AS50 TWS in a tent city and a White Off-Road Truck with 6 Gerry cans in it!! Want a vehicle? Go hit the West edge of the map, if you dont find a vehicle you will at least find tents with goodies in them!

looks like im heading west

Can anybody confirm this? Links? I havent seen this anywhere else and I just logged back in to find my brand new truck with 6 Gerry cans GONE!!

Can anybody confirm this? Links? I havent seen this anywhere else and I just logged back in to find my brand new truck with 6 Gerry cans GONE!!

Pretty sure that was a jab at the patch since it broke the "save" feature.

Pretty sure that was a jab at the patch since it broke the "save" feature.

Ah, so I was robbed, now I feel better, lol. Heading West again!

I can only confirm that I have had the same thing. Across many servers in the last two weeks have fixed an ATV, a van, and a bus, all of which disappeared on a server restart. The ATV we confirmed was back where it spawned, needing repair again. The bus and van we didn't bother. This was on different servers, and were only vehicles we fixed from spawn - not a the few other vehicles we found and fixed that we can't be sure were legit because they had been driven before.

Not sure if its *every* restart, or if there are multiple ways of re-initializing/patching the server that may cause it, just know what we've experienced. it's a shame, because having to fix and maintain the vehicle was adding a totally new level of fun in the game.

Don't fix vehicles; the save function is broken and all that will happen is the vehicle will go back to it's orignal spawn point since 1.7.2.5 and be broken again. Don't bother wasting your time.

Don't fix vehicles; the save function is broken and all that will happen is the vehicle will go back to it's orignal spawn point since 1.7.2.5 and be broken again. Don't bother wasting your time.

Well this REALLY sucks. I have probably put 60 to 70 hours into this mod and just last night found my first vehicle. I guess all that is left will be bandit hunting with my AS50 TWS. If your on the hill in Elektro gunning down noobs, Im comin for ya'!

Edit: That is, until they update again next month.

Edited by Tusker

Hopefully they make it so cars need to be maintained and make it so if a car isn't use a certain amount it respawns, because dicks in this game have nothing better to do they save cars off map in some convoluted idea that its a "PVP" thing like they are at war with the entire server or something.

Why would anyone spend 4 hours trudging through a forest for a vehicle, or anything for that matter. Even if you find one you'll probably lose it to a vehicle save bug or hacker.

Edited by Cluckles

Why would anyone spend 4 hours trudging through a forest for a vehicle, or anything for that matter. Even if you find one you'll probably lose it to a vehicle save bug or hacker.

because you want a vehicle?

why the fuck would anyone spend hours farming the barracks or searching for helicopter crashes

fuck why would anybody even leave elektro or cherno? it has pvp and zombies and people for medics to heal!1!!!11!

• Like 1