Sign in to follow this  
Mirazoka

Group/Squad tags

Maybe DayZ can implement a system wherein you can group up with people in the script, like a group/party on WoW, or Left4Dead, and maybe enable nametags once you scroll over someone in your group, so you don't have to be all like "Hey, is that you?" when you're playing with friends.

Should keep that nametag appearance to a minimal, since realistically you wouldn't be able to identify a friend from miles away. I hope you know what I mean with this whole idea.

• Like 2

The system from Arma 2 where all your squad members are marked with green diamonds and number designations would be really convenient in DayZ. Unfortunately, I don't think that would fit into the realistic design.

In my personal opinion though, I'd love to see something like this happen. I'm always losing track of friends I play with and having to ask "Is that you?" with a bit of concern. Perhaps that's the idea though, to have to keep track of your own people with no assistance from the interface.

This is Day Z.

Adding things like this would destroy the Immersion of gameplay.

How do you think it works in Reallife? in a Military Squad all looks the same,its just training and comunication how they stick together.

This is Day Z.

Adding things like this would destroy the Immersion of gameplay.

How do you think it works in Reallife? in a Military Squad all looks the same,its just training and comunication how they stick together.

Good thing we're not the military, but survivors.

In the game, we all look identical for some reason, but in real life you'd recognize the faces of your friends or their physique easily, right? DayZ strives for the peak of realism.

Maybe an interface before you enter the game where you can team up/squad up with your friends and you spawn in nearby areas and you meet up together at 1 spot instead of spawning all across the coast and running towards each other for 10 minutes.

Maybe an interface before you enter the game where you can team up/squad up with your friends and you spawn in nearby areas and you meet up together at 1 spot instead of spawning all across the coast and running towards each other for 10 minutes.

Nah, I personally think that's fine. I think it's fun trying to find eachother with obstacles such as players or zombies in the way.

You are just too spoiled from other Games with high overloaded Interfaces and Groupemechanics .... When it comes down to the Basics like now in Day Z,it shows who can really watch a Buddies ass ;)

You are just too spoiled from other Games with high overloaded Interfaces and Groupemechanics .... When it comes down to the Basics like now in Day Z,it shows who can really watch a Buddies ass ;)

You're clearly not understanding the point of this suggestion. Watching your "Buddies Ass ;)" has nothing to do with identifying two survivors wearing the exact same clothes from afar.

Edited by Mirazoka