Sign in to follow this  
Jepix

Can't log in servers with low playercount

The title says it all, it seems whenever i try joining a server (and i tried this on like 50 different servers) with less than 5-6 players, it seems to be NON STOP stuck on the black 'Loading' screen. Whenver i try joining a server with 7 people already in it, it's connected in a minute.

The reason i adress this is because i was at Zelenogorsk trying to set up camp somewhere & raid the NW airfield, but this bug teleported me to Solnizchy (something like that) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out east and i need to head over the entire map west.... So instead of losing all my gear to noobs with pistols who kill me or bandit snipers, i'd like to quietly make my way back to where i originally was, set up shop on a quiet server and start my base of operations there but it seems the lovely mod won't let me :)

So, anyone got an opinion or solution or the same issue as to why i can't join low populated servers? (Ping & connectivity are good as i only pick European servers)

There is a reason these servers have a low population.

That reason is...because they're using 1.7.2.4 or earlier.

You, are very likely using 1.7.2.5

Pay attention to your version and the server version.

Low playercount tends to mean that people are having trouble joining them. (Though, not always.)

Find one that works, add it to your favorites, and keep using that.

And here's a fun fact; Ping/Latency means little in ARMA 2/DayZ as the hit-detection for zombies and players are client-side. So no matter how much you or the other player lags, as long as you hit them on your screen, they're dead. (As long as you aren't desynced.)

Only problem is picking up loot. Sometimes you have to wait a few short moments before you get the items.

There is a reason these servers have a low population.

That reason is...because they're using 1.7.2.4 or earlier.

You, are very likely using 1.7.2.5

Pay attention to your version and the server version.

I'm not stupid :P these servers are 1.7.2.5 in SixLauncher and DayzCommander :D

Low playercount tends to mean that people are having trouble joining them. (Though, not always.)

Find one that works, add it to your favorites, and keep using that.

And here's a fun fact; Ping/Latency means little in ARMA 2/DayZ as the hit-detection for zombies and players are client-side. So no matter how much you or the other player lags, as long as you hit them on your screen, they're dead. (As long as you aren't desynced.)

Only problem is picking up loot. Sometimes you have to wait a few short moments before you get the items.

Yeah wel the fact is that i played on the servers before, thatswhy they are added in my favs and now i can't seem to join anymore

I cannot offer enlightenment, but I can reaffirm as I have observed the same issue. Saturday night I couldn't get on a low volume server to save my life (even ones I had used successfully before). I chalked it up to it being Saturday and there was a lot of people online.