Sign in to follow this  
Acheron (DayZ)

Mall instances

So in the stand alone game there is supposed to be instances right?

So what if there was a huge mall instance with a huge mall map with game modes like

capture the flag and team death match inside the instances for fun maybe even for loot or something.

I'm not sure how Rocket is going to deal with how many players can go into a single instance.

But you could do many many things with instances like once you enter the mall instance you spawn in a random spawn location inside the mall not just the front door, where some one could be standing there waiting to shoot you or idk.

I think instances could be a mini game inside a game sorta thing..

It could be a defend the fort type of thing too.

Maybe the mall and a bit outside the mall is a safe zone with a safe perimeter that goes around the mall and its a trade zone..

But I think instances could be much more then some safe zones I think they could be really cool objective pvp fun zones.

Like you bring your stuff your weapons into this type of zone and you don't have to worry about losing any thing because its just for fun.

Ikd these are just Ideas don't be all harsh I am just trying to think outside the box of what Dayz could be and things that could happen.

So I guess what I wanna know is what other things can come out of instances other then underground base building and safe zones.

Edited by Acheron

no instances ever. no boss fights ever.

THE ONLY THING which would be instanced would be player owned bunkers because you would have to load a unique id

i think there shouldn't be any given "game modes" like ctf, it should stay a survival game, what could be implemented is flags themselve which should be placeable and maybe show something like a guild/clan tag/icon so player could play ctf in chernarus if they want.

and i also don't like the idea of an instanced mall that much i think a big mall should be lootable and in the open world, i think there could be other instances like a secret science lab filled with zombies and maybe other dangers.

I think it is really importent to think about what can be done with the instances but it all should be the players choise to create safe zones, deathmatch zones ctf matches and so on. there should be no locations which forces people acting in another way then they want

I would like to see events as opposed to instances. Random giant roving hordes of zombies, power going out from random zombie munching on a power line, large storms, etc. Anything involving zombies could be based on player interaction also, someone fires a high powered rifle and zombies just start walking in that direction until a giant band of zombies is making it's way toward the next town. Or like the heli drawing all the zombies in Walking Dead, they didn't follow the heli they just followed the direction it went in then kept mindlessly walking long after it was out of earshot.

• Like 1

Instances need to be handled properly, we are not having red dead redemption instances that always happen at the same place. i think the best thing they could implement would be a random horde infront of you just as you cross the brow of a hill. Or something like an AI army squad crosses the map taking out whoever it can. third party interference could be great. But if i can work out where itll happen or how to win easily itll be terrible. more dice rolls please

Hmm maybe you people haven't kept up with the dayz news but there will be instances sorry to burst your bubble.

And what is wrong with you? This is a good topic if you don't like it then gtfo it's that simple.

I would much rather see really big open building outside the normal world but I don't think we are going to see that sorta thing.

Rocket has talked about instances and this thread doesn't need people bashing the idea it needs supportive feedback not some childish,"BLAH BLAH NOOOOOOO" response.

I know most of you are small minded but come on think out side your little box.

Edited by Acheron

It should just stay the open world survival game, building your own camps and finding players within the game if you want pvp you should go to the major cities, IMHO