zak757

If You Could Add 1 Weapon to DayZ...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the PPSh-41. Afterall Chernarus is a post-soviet country and it would be the perfect submachinegun for clearing out zombies in cities/villages.

Also I made a thread about the T-34-85 and it didn't appeal to many because supposedly it would be "unbalanced" or something. Funny how those people disregarded AT4s that spawn and that stupid Huey.

Chernarus being mostly an agricultural area I was surprised that I never stumbled upon a cattle prod. Yeah I know ... Melee weapon. Still this would be very fitting imo.

220-livestock-prods.jpg

Black widow catapult/sling shot. Ball bearing ammo could be found in stores or houses or stones collected from certain outdoor areas. Very short range and only headshots kill. One headshot using ball bearings two using stones. Slow reload but can carry a lot of ball bearing ammo per inventory slot, 50 maybe? Less stones per inventory slot as larger ones would be needed to kill.

MOSIN NAGANT 91/30

*OF COURSE! WHAT'D YOU EXPECT?!*

%7Boption%7D

Magazines: 5 round clip 7.62x54r

Fire Modes: Single

Shots to Kill: 1 (head)' date=' 1 (body)

Effective Range: 500m

Rate of Fire: Slow

Noise: Very High

Recoil: High

Locations: EVERYWHEREEE!!

Zeroing: Yes

Attachments: Bayonet as long as your leg; Separate sniper model (much rarer)

Special Abilities: Excellent use as a club or shoulder chiropractor substitute.

Rarity:

Replaces the Noisemaker- I mean the Lee Enfield.

[/quote']

I would love a Mosin in DayZ!

I'd also really like a silenced AK variant, preferably the AKS74UN.

Not really a weapon but:

t34_1944858_tank.jpg

Russian T-34. Pray to whatever god you believe in if you run into a team that's managed to fix one of these up.

tanks should be added imo. but only one per server. and extremly hard to repair and find parts for :P

it would make sense to have 1 tank somewhere since there is so many military areas.

Ya tanks wouldn't be bad as long as they would be extremely rare and you would have some tools to destroy them which also would be rare.

It isn't even hard to actually add tanks to DayZ since they already exist in Arma II, so adding them should be fairly easy if they decide to do it.

sig_sg551_swat.jpg

SIG551. Rare spawn in all military locations. Uses 30 round 5.56x45 ammo in the Gw Pat 90 box cartridge.

This or the SIG SG550

I would second the OP's suggestion, except that it would be out of character for the setting (russia). Since that doesn't seem to matter for most of the weapons in the game so far, I'll go ahead and second it anyway.

6370134_orig.jpg?1264601

When I think about it, pepper spray would be cool aswell against some outlaws ingame...

Maxim M1910 - machine gun

Image:http://www.theeasternfront.co.uk/Graphics/maxim%20m1910.jpg

Since it's a Soviet country. You could drag it with some other guy behind you or maybe dissemble it into a bag (not sure how realistic) and replace your backbag (like in vanilla Arma2 with mgs).

And some other equiptment from the normal Arma which you can deploy but they replace your backbag when you're taking them with you. Of course would have to be pretty rare and hard to resupply to balance it out.

(couldn't figure out how to damn implement the image with url to post)

Baseball bat, hitting home run derby with zombie heads and zoomed in snipers would be hilarious.... Samurai sword is another good one.

L85A2 ACOG. Its has attached aimpoint dot for CQB sexiness.