Sign in to follow this  

DayZ and the upcoming standalone version

Well I've been playing DayZ for a while now, it was amazing when I didn't know much of the game and getting a Lee Enfield was a huge achievement.

Now that has changed, I'm an experienced player, I know all the best loot spots and how to avoid people/noob campers efficiently.

Now you're all like "cool, you're an experienced player you know how to play, where's the suggestion part."

So, I can find a ghillie suit + top tier weapons such as AS50 in less than 30 minutes easily now. But what comes after? NOBODY would use an AS50 for killing zombies. So I'll go kill other players to Elektro! And the people I'm shooting won't stand a chance against me.

Too bad a lot of people think like that, and Elektro & Cherno is always infested with people that want to kill people and brag with their murder count.

I'm not gonna ask you to make ghillies + AS50's & other OP weapons rarer, no, I'm asking you to REMOVE them from the game. The game isn't about PvP and killing random people that have just spawned.

It's about killing ZOMBIES and trying to survive.

And like I said before, nobody would need a M107 or an AS50 for killing zombies. Weapons like that ruin the game for most of the people.

Instead, make it so that there'd be more rifles such as Lee Enfield.

So... If we're gonna remove the "good" weapons you get from mili camps, why would anybody go there anymore!?

You don't get ANYTHING except pistols & some random double barreled shotguns from cities. You COULD only get a Lee Enfield but that'd be rare to find.

Military bases would get you more Lee Enfields & Mosin Nagants & Springfield rifles. OR if you're VERY LUCKY, you could get an AK, M4A1.

The AK74 / M4A1 would be the "end-game" weapons in the game. You'd only get them from mili camps / airstrips, and the heli crashes would have AKM's + M4A1 CCO's, maybe even a CZ550.

You couldn't camp in Elektro sniper hill anymore. Atleast not efficiently.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd think the game would be a lot better if there weren't M249's or AS50's and all weapons that can kill you in 0.5 seconds from 1000 metres.

And.

TL;DR: OP weapons should be removed from the game, rifles would be the weapons most of the people would have and the AK's & M4A1's would be the end game weapons. I don't want the PvP part to be removed from the game.

Discuss, I want to know what you guys think.

Edited by Guest

YES, YES and YES. This is what I want too. Except, remove L85 AWS too.

Also you could find sniper scopes with a very low spawn chance. You could then attach it to the rifles.

Edited by azzo

So then people would just camp the building roofs in Cherno with their automatic weapons but now there is no risk of them getting sniped from the mountains, doesn't seem like it would solve much. Once the duping and hacking are stopped and weapon degradation is implemented, loot inflation won't be a problem and those rare guns might actually be rare.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I think it is a PvP based game with zombies as a player tracking tool, not a coop survival zombie game. Once the item duping, hacking in items and what not stops or slows down, I would like to think those rare items we see on 3/4 people will be seen a lot less likely.

I personally agree, ghillie suits are lame in this style of game IMO. Don't get me wrong, I think people would attempt to camouflage themselves as best as possible, but a military grade or style ghillie suit just never sat well with me in this mod. Neither do the high end military weapons. But again that's just me.

• Like 1

Removing these Weapons will change nothing... after that there will be Makarov Deathmatch going on.

Because thats how the most People like to play.. "Fuck up Someones,Day and fell better" thats how most People think.

For me thers only one way to avoid this.Make this "Mod/Standalone" as Hardcore as it gets,by increasing the Difficulty to 500% to all.Weapons,Zeds,Food,Weather.

Remove 3rd Person Crosshair etc. add things like "ACE" so you need to know how to use a Weapon with blowing Wind.

And after all ther will be still Deathmatches going on ... BUT you filltered 780.000 Noobs out of it.

• Like 2

Once again, I agree with Smasht. We could sit here all day and nitpick until every aspect of the mod is removed. The fact is, everyone plays the game differently, so why penalize the people who prefer to play a way you don't?

I'm not against PvP, that should be in the game but this game should stay true to it's genre and objective of zobie survival.

Personally i dont mind PvP I jsut think the game should be more than just a race to the NW airfield to get an AS50. I would have said in an idea world that all military high end grade weapons , or at least their ammo, and equipment (ghili, NVG etc) are made rare than rocking horse shit. But as people will ultimately endeavour to find them maybe it would be wise to take them out in favour of more meelee, home made and common civilian fire. If that means PvP using markorovs then so be it, that's much more intense anyway.

Or alternatively, as in most good Zombie literature Ive read and movies/tv I've watched it's always been a disadvantage to use fire arms, this should be reflected in game. Using guns should be like a dinner bell for the zombies. Maybe those who want AS50s and what have you could have them (again with rare ammo) but they should pay the price, whereby firing a shot would spawn several waves of intense zombie action around the player shooting. That would certainly make the environment much harder to survive.

Edited by Box

If someone gave me 10$ for each Remove-AS50-QQ-thread here...

NO - these weapons should stay - period.

These weapons are my favourite.

Enfield and Makarov are crap.

I try to avoid zombie killing when possible because there is no point - you just make unnecessary noise and they will respawn anyway after a short time.

Edited by serioussam909

Removing these Weapons will change nothing... after that there will be Makarov Deathmatch going on.

Because thats how the most People like to play.. "Fuck up Someones,Day and fell better" thats how most People think.

For me thers only one way to avoid this.Make this "Mod/Standalone" as Hardcore as it gets,by increasing the Difficulty to 500% to all.Weapons,Zeds,Food,Weather.

Remove 3rd Person Crosshair etc. add things like "ACE" so you need to know how to use a Weapon with blowing Wind.

And after all ther will be still Deathmatches going on ... BUT you filltered 780.000 Noobs out of it.

I don't care about the PvP part really, I just want the OP weapons out so noobs wouldn't be camping in the Elektro sniper hill shooting people and killing them in one hit with that god damn AS50.

i like the idea that would implement weapon upgrades by finding scopes etc. ( like in s.t.a.l.k.e.r.)

also the 'found at home" weapons would be great.

civilian hunting rifles etc,

.22 pistols (ammo CAN be bought in the hardware stores in the U.S, so could be found in supermarkets etc in the mod/stand alone)

i'm just waiting to see if the new ARMA engine is any good. (especialy movement of characters.)

Zombie spawning could be improved. kinda anoying now.

I spawn at coast:there is a zombie real close to me? i have to swim to lose him, the zombie just walks on water and sprints after me? zombie finaly decides to actualy swim, and he's an olympic swimmer? A ZOMBIE!!???

(so swimming changed to RUN LIKE HELL)

finaly trough the woods, got up hill and scouting an open field:

I look at my front, no zombies,

I look around: a few zombies.

I look forward again: zombies just spawned ? out of nowhere? (no other player near me)

back to the crawl around my goal plan... and more zombies.. just because...

Edited by Gert-Jan

Once again, I agree with Smasht. We could sit here all day and nitpick until every aspect of the mod is removed. The fact is, everyone plays the game differently, so why penalize the people who prefer to play a way you don't?

Well then I want a tank. Or a HIND, wouldn't mind some RPG's either. It isn't a matter of nitpicking. Frankly it's hard to remember what the balance of the game was like before all the duping and scripting, that clearly has thrown shit way out of perspective, but the truth is as it stands right now because of those issues and many others this game has turned into a MERC Military Sim and not much of a survival sim staged in a zombie post apocalyptic world. I don't see it as a matter of forcing people to play a certain way, removing certain items because other people cant adapt or any of that shit. I have a ghillie, and as50, and plenty of other shit. The point is these things, especially in there currently bountiful numbers, have changed the games presumed intent.

If they are able to at some point do away with the hacking, and the duping ( neither of which I foresee happening) then maybe the addition of "uber" gear can be re-addressed, but as it stands now the game is more like Sniper Elite then it is anything else.

I think it is a PvP based game with zombies as a player tracking tool, not a coop survival zombie game. Once the item duping, hacking in items and what not stops or slows down, I would like to think those rare items we see on 3/4 people will be seen a lot less likely.

Well the problem there is that you're wrong. It's a survival game with the option of PvP.

They just need to give zombies like double the health they have now and make them a lot harder to lose, and maybe able to run inside, so that they're actually a problem again.

Back when everyone was new and just getting by the game was so much more fun.

...and weapon degradation is implemented...

I'm just curious what you mean by 'weapon degradation'? I hope you aren't telling me that you want rifles to stop functioning after X number of shots? I'm actually a little annoyed that _hatchets_ have a use limit... weapons definitely should not have limits in that sense.

I would, however, like to see a system where your weapon could jam after being used without cleaning for a certain number of shots. This could add another element to the sim that is very real and necessary for those that use firearms regularly in the zombie apocalypse.

They just need to give zombies like double the health they have now and make them a lot harder to lose, and maybe able to run inside, so that they're actually a problem again.

Personally, I think they shouldn't make the zombies harder to kill, but they should make it so they can grab or at least hit you when they catch up to you as you run... it's ridiculous that they sprint up to you, then stand there and do nothing, then sprint again. I would think a real zombie would tackle you to the ground once it caught you and do it's best to rip you limb from limb.

Adding this one function would drastically change how people just run through towns not even worried about the 20 zombies chasing them.

To make it short, pathfinding needs to be improved and i personally would like a stamina system so you cant run 75 miles around the map at full speed until you find a hill and get rid of them...

i prefer getting killed by makarov then getting sniped and dont even know how and where he killed me

Bump. Also added a TL;DR version.

Its a PvP based game, this is the worst idea by far. If this actually happens DayZ will lose thousands of players.

Edited by wildshire

Its a PvP based game, this is the worst idea by far. If this actually happens DayZ will lose thousands of players.

If you actually read what I wrote you'd know that I don't want PvP to be removed from the game.