Kafein

Instant death upon arrival on a server, teleported to the coast and lost all my gear, but not my stats

So I hopped in DE 590. The instant I'm supposed to be able to start playing, I see "Kafein was killed", I'm sent back to the lobby but the death screen doesn't appear. In the lobby I try to spawn again but I end up on the coast without a single item. I still got my previous stats (zombie kills, blood etc.).

The problem persists on other servers.

I remember I had to try a few servers before DE 590 since others were stuck at "loading", and I closed the game using the task manager each time it happened.

I'm quite pissed off right now since I lost NV goggles and a M16 ACOG -_- Is there some way to fix this ? Contacting server administrators ?

Have same Problem right now.

A friend of mine had also before... so it seems to be a quite common problem.

I´m also very pissed. lost nvgs, m 249 2x, and some other things. but still have my ghillie ?? Wtf

Guys, it's the Ghillie.. I had this for 4 (!!) times now. Haven't had this since i dress back to civilian everytime i logout. Drop your backpack on the floor first or else it will be erased!

No chance to get my stuff back?

No.

I dont think its the guillie, i think its more mixed updates. Have you recently used both dayz commander + six launcher?

Updating using dayz commander then playing via six launcher causes problems. Six launcher seems to "undo" the update" and since almost everyone spawned on the beech last week after the update....your continuing to do last weeks bug.

This is definately the bug that our group all suffered, you could have a similar problem but not the same, who knows?

This happened to me last night as well. Luckily I was able to gear up in 30 mins but lost my as50/pdw/m4A1 CCO :angry:

It probably has nothing to do with the ghillie suit since I never ever came close to one.

So far i´ve lost all gear of three separate characters several days "old", randomly spawning in the wilderness, upon arrival into the game. Last time was 19. aug. at around 11pm (gmt +1) on US1335

It really, really sucks.

Can the server-host clean Hive?

I´d like to see this issue resolved, as it kind of reduces the game to a run and gun experience. For me at least.

Edited by DooMike

Same thing here. Lost everything. So Sad. Had lived for over a month collecting. Literally just found a sniper rifle and had never even fired it. First one I had ever seen. Logged out for dinner came back on the coast which wasn't unusual for the last while but this time death message and zero gear. Complete gamebreaking bug. Spent over a month finding gear. Can't imagine spending ten minutes looking for gear until I know its not gone when I log back in.

Same thing here. Lost everything. So Sad. Had lived for over a month collecting. Literally just found a sniper rifle and had never even fired it. First one I had ever seen. Logged out for dinner came back on the coast which wasn't unusual for the last while but this time death message and zero gear. Complete gamebreaking bug. Spent over a month finding gear. Can't imagine spending ten minutes looking for gear until I know its not gone when I log back in.

Welp, just happened to me. Lost coyote pack, m107, m1a3 cco, nvg, gps....the works. Logged on in debug plains, could move around but had nothing in my inventory. Logged on another server, end up on beach with ghillie, no pack, no gear. All my stats are intact, but 0 gear. Time to rebuild I guess.

=/

Had it happen to me aswell =( exactly like with Phantasm (except no ghillie)

i relogged due to graphical glitches and came back in on debug plains with no gear at all not even the flashlight / painkillers =<.

Relogged again and spawned in on the beach.

I love dayz but between the hackers graphical glitches and game breaking bugs its getting hard to have a fun time playing for any longer amount of time without being interrupted by unkillable hackers and and wide variety of bugs and glitches.

I really hope i wont have to wait for the standalone to be safe from things like these.

Same thing happened to me this morning. I spawned in no man's land without anything in my inventory and I did not have a ghillie on. My stats are also, intact....for now. I read on another thread that it could be something to do with logging out when you too close to a tree or another object. I was hiding under a tree, close to my tent when I last logged out.

Same problem. Spawned nowhere with nothing, Stats oK. Had no Ghillie, no NVG but the rest pretty cool stuff. After that i reconnected and suddenly i'm on the Beach with an empty Inventory.

Tried the "walk to the last location" to get my "corpse" - but nothing there.

A really nasty bug.

This has happened to me probably 4 or 5 times now, most of the time i lose *everything* and spawn (but with my stats) without even starter gear but a completely empty inventory), but once I spawned with my alice pack (which was empty on respawn but wasnt before obviously). This is by far the most annoying glitch for me because every time it's happened I've been pretty much fully geared. So not only do I lose my position (and in a squad this matters) but I have to regather all my gear again. This has never happened to anybody else in my squad (5-7 people). I launch with DayZ Commander exclusively fully patched.

im really sick of this and might even stop playing because of this. I spend alot of time finding gear and i get the spawn death + debug plains, then i relog to be put on a coastline with no backpack/no gear. This has happened like 5 times already. This is a game ender :(

• Like 1

This has happened to me a few times now...

I just assumed it was someone hacking. I've been hacked before where I was teleported in a similar way, lost all my gear and then shot... so I wonder if its a similar thing?

If it is a bug, its a major hit for me. Just can't justify spending sooo much damn time to be killed by bugs or hackers 80% of the time.

I really love this mod, its very addictive, but this kinda kills it for me at the moment.

Just happened to me, but thankfully left my car shrouded in some bushes and I didn't have TOO much on me. I haven't been near a ghillie suit either so it's not that. Spawned in the off-map plains with 0 gear, and joining another server now to see what will happen. Shame to lose my ALICE though, and all the basic gear like hunting knife / map / etc which take some time to find.

Now I spawn in prigorodki, still with nothing. Great :(

Had the same thing happen to me. Is there any way some higher power can kill my char. so I can get back to playing? I'm stuck in debug and cannot find my way out.

Has there ever been any acknowledgement of this bug at all from anybody official? In a figurative ocean (and I'm talking Pacific--not Arctic--dimensions) of bugs, this to me is the most devastating--it makes it kind of pointless to do anything but skirmish on the coast because whenever you log in you're fairly likely to suddenly lose everything unavoidably, pointlessly, and through no fault of your own. It would be even more tragic if there weren't OTHER BUGS (ie tent/veh object duping) that make it fairly easy to re-gear, but those bugs also suck some of the fun out of the game.

I know better than to get too attached to my gear and if this happened once or twice I'd even let it slide, but if I survive for 40 minutes and get basic gear, my fate is almost certainly going to be to lose everything to hackers or bugs and not to die legitimately to another player's superior skill/luck or to my own carelessness with zombies. At least modify the bug so it says "you died of cancer" or something when I suddenly die for no reason.