Sign in to follow this  
sucaru

Bicycles in towns

So, at the moment, I've seen one motorcycle in the game ever. It got me thinking about the mountain bike in Arma. I think bicycles would be an excellent addition (not motor powered ones, mind you). If they are in the game, at the very least, made a bit more common. I mean, it's a post-soviet state. A lot of people probably had bikes. It would make sense to see and be able to use them occasionally. It's not like a car, that gives you both protection and speed, but it gives you just speed and you can very easily be hit and spotted. I'd love to ride a bike through Cherno and hit up all the good loot spots and ride back out quickly.

There are already bicycles in DayZ

As I said " If they are in the game, at the very least, made a bit more common."

Oh, I misread that part.

As far as common, it may be luck, but i have seen 5 or 6 in 2 hours of gameplay. As few randomly against a fence or near a town.

I've never seen a single one. In total, I've seen two helicopters being flown, 3 buses, one motorcycle and heard one guy on a server with a fucking tank. But no bikes.

They sure as tits aren't up north of Guglovo.

Went into Petrovka the other night in hopes that I'd find a bike in there, to no avail. It is my opinion that each town should have a chance at -something- worthwhile inside of it, no matter how small.

Plus, I think bicycles should be pretty damn common. Most households have bicycles, and they'd be far more valuable in those villages that are isolated.

Plus' date=' I think bicycles should be pretty damn common. Most households have bicycles, and they'd be far more valuable in those villages that are isolated.

[/quote']

This is what I was going for.

As far as commonality, I think what Rocket is going for is that..at this point, everything has been looted and we're taking the left overs.

If everything were as common as it were in real life, I could travel is MSTA, and find 8 flashlights, 2 cars, lots of canned food.

Atleast, that's what I think the reason is.

Places like Cherno, you would have to side step loot there would be so much.

Well, what about these tiny remote towns in the middle of fucking Kansas? Surely those areas shouldn't be as looted.I understand major towns should have less loot (which incidentally, is the other way around) but these smaller towns usually have nothing, but you'd expect less people to have come through.