captnaverage

Retrying to Authenticate

Is there any fix for this? I've been locked out of ALL servers I have tried for the last 5 days now. All updates, Tried Beta & without Beta, Not getting any luck here. :@

Is there any fix for this? I've been locked out of ALL servers I have tried for the last 5 days now. All updates' date=' Tried Beta & without Beta, Not getting any luck here. :@

[/quote']

I have the same problem. I can't respawn or restart, stuck at retrying to authenticate.

yes i to have had this problem and its not something you can wait it out you have to keep reconnecting, quite annoying.

I was having this problem until I figured out that I wasn't running the beta patch. If, when you're on the main screen, the beta patch number is not in the bottom right corner then you're still running the original executable. Instructions for how to run it properly are in the readme in the beta .rar file.

It's not enough to just install it, you have to launch the proper executable too. I kicked myself when I realised what I had done :)

It's worked fine for me since then.

I have this same error, 'retrying to authenticate' and i have no idea where this executable is supposed to be. I'm not getting in any where except on 1.6.0.1 servers

Any help much appreciated.

I was having this problem until I figured out that I wasn't running the beta patch. If' date=' when you're on the main screen, the beta patch number is not in the bottom right corner then you're still running the original executable. Instructions for how to run it properly are in the readme in the beta .rar file.

It's not enough to just install it, you have to launch the proper executable too. I kicked myself when I realised what I had done :)

[/quote']

Thanks. This seemed to work.

I was having this problem until I figured out that I wasn't running the beta patch. If' date=' when you're on the main screen, the beta patch number is not in the bottom right corner then you're still running the original executable. Instructions for how to run it properly are in the readme in the beta .rar file.

[/quote']

I have Version 1.60.87580 in the bottom right corner, is this not correct?

I keep getting 'Retrying to Authenticate' and want to give this fix ago but where do i download the beta patch?

No, it's not correct. Current beta is 93616, I believe.

(And before you ask "How do I get the beta?" I'd recommend looking up the information using search, either on the forum, or Google.)

I was having the same problem, try downloading six updater and use it to update your dayz mod, that's what I did and I havnt had the problem since, hope this helps just search in google to find the six updater download link

You guys can use the updater if you must.

I believe that the problem that you are having usually stems from trying to run 1.6 on 1.7 servers. Trying to authenticate disappeared in 1.7 and should not show up at all.

You need to remember THREE things:

1. You should be running the latest DayZ files. This is usually pretty easy for most of us.

2. You need to see if the server requires beta. If it does, Google Arma 2 beta and you will find the page. The latest beta file is in the BAR ACROSS THE TOP, not at the top of the descending column.

3. With the beta in, you HAVE TO run Arma as beta. Otherwise, you're running it without the beta patch. Essentially, there is a batch file that you can download that will run it. The thread where rocket announced 1.7 weeks ago has instructions.

There are servers that will let you play 1.6 of Dayz, still. As far as I know, they do not require all of this, but you will have 'waiting for server response' and so forth like the rest of us used to a month ago.

I'm not sure what makes the game break for you, these are just the steps I've been following since the 1.7 patch was announced as a test and I've never had a problem connecting to any server. I played on two servers in just the past few hours. No connection problems, none last week on probably a dozen different servers over the course of days.