Tobilus

US 1726 BattlEye Banned (you may have cheated)

Account was able to log in several times over the past couple of days and now receives:

BattlEye Banned (you may have cheated)

Is this the proper place to appeal a server specific ban?

The only question remains did you use scripts?

If you havent done anything to modify your game file, then B/E should have no reason to ban you.

• Like 1

Nope, no scripts here. Stock install of all files and I hate hackers. Been killed way to may times from out of nowhere or teleported to my death :)

Yeah this happened to me too in this server. I dotn know why, I was playing fine then tried logging in this morning and I get the Battleye Banned (you may have cheated) when i try to log in. wish I can talk to admin to get this sorted out. I dont use script or any hax at all.

Hey Tobilus,

Alright, more than likely you were either on my server when an unknown script kiddy was terrorizing it or I found something suspicious in my logs. As you have denied any malicious actions, I will remove the ban. Think of this as a warning. If you could PM with your character name, I will need to locate your ban record.

Hey Tobilus,

Alright, more than likely you were either on my server when an unknown script kiddy was terrorizing it or I found something suspicious in my logs. As you have denied any malicious actions, I will remove the ban. Think of this as a warning. If you could PM with your character name, I will need to locate your ban record.

I believe you made a mistake and now you're apologizing by warning the player. Great administration! If you would have spent even a few minutes to find any substantial evidence of scripting, you wouldn't have to randomly ban people like you've done.

• Like 1

Understanding scripts goes a long way against banning people for legitimate entires that the game makes.

@pjok, @Vandrel Come talk to me when you're the one paying for the server slots. My Server, My Rules. If you have a problem with it, find a new server, theres 4k out there.

• Like 1

Its very annoying these days to see server adminstrator's using the text subject 'Battleye banned' when banning somebody just to trick the person. Even though I'm not that gullible but I've seen other people being banned for like Battleye banned ##12345 Or something like that. So people that get banned off that server think its a global -,-

@pjok, @Vandrel Come talk to me when you're the one paying for the server slots. My Server, My Rules. If you have a problem with it, find a new server, theres 4k out there.

Seems you don't understand the rules for hosting a DayZ server. It's not your server, it's DayZ's server.

If you want to ban people on a whim cause you don't understand the scripting language of the game, fine. I'm sure you'll feel differently when your server is blacklisted for admin abuse.

If your in the logs and it looks bad then you are getting a ban.

While I tend to ask here if I dont know the entry is suspect its sometimes not an option and things like the remote exec log we now have is a pretty clear indicator of something bad.

Other than people who are targets of a hack EVERY person in my remote exec log has been banned (about 25 now) and funnily enough only 2 have complained and thier bans were lifted after I reviewed it again.

People seem to think admins are some sort of 24/7 machine that cant ever ,or should not ever be allowed to, make a mistake. Not true.

We dont want to sit and watch the logs all day to try and spot hackers, we want to play too for some odd reason. On our servers. Without hacking bitches ruining it for everyone.

If that means we sometimes make a mistake then thats the way it is, tough luck. If you dont like that then please feel free to stop freeloading on our servers and get one of your own set up.

If Rocket wants to have servers where there are hackers running around and no one can do anything in case the break the almighty rules then maybe he should start paying for them?

• Like 1

Seems you don't understand the rules for hosting a DayZ server. It's not your server, it's DayZ's server.

If you want to ban people on a whim cause you don't understand the scripting language of the game, fine. I'm sure you'll feel differently when your server is blacklisted for admin abuse.

We could argue all day long about what is and what is not Admin Abuse, but I don't have time to waste on one person getting mad because he wants to stand up for user rights on a video game. I'm done here, this issue was resolved, no further action required. Period.

We could argue all day long about what is and what is not Admin Abuse, but I don't have time to waste on one person getting mad because he wants to stand up for user rights on a video game. I'm done here, this issue was resolved, no further action required. Period.

Typical server owner attitude I see.

Typical server owner attitude I see.

Typical kid player attitude I see.