violentnava@gmail.com

Kills vs Bandit Kills

Ive been wondering for a few days now and havent been able to locate an answer, so I figured id ask it here.

I know that when killing another survivor you lose humanity based on how much they had. What about when you score a bandit kill?

Does it have a negative impact on your humanity, or do you gain humanity for killing them?

Either way, once we know we should definitely have the Dayz Wiki updated with the positive/negative effects of killing a bandit as a survivor/hero.

oh, yeah, killing bandits gives you less humanity.

oh, yeah, killing bandits gives you less humanity.

So killing a bandit lowers your humanity? I dont think that makes sense.

It's stupid in my opinion, but killing bandits lowers your humanity, as 'killing anyone is wrong.' So I was told.

It is needed, otherwise I would gain humanity for the bandits I have killed. It would sort of nullify the negative humanity impact.

And remember, bandits are people too.

• Like 1

It's stupid in my opinion, but killing bandits lowers your humanity, as 'killing anyone is wrong.' So I was told.

Thats really lame. How does that give anyone incentives to stop a bandit from killing innocent survivors, when doing so will oly lead to you being branded a bandit as well?

I think killing a bandit should at least just not effect your humanity at all. An increase to it, even if small would be nice though, as you would be doing the servers community a favor by stopping them mindlessly killing, especially after hiding their body lol.

Bandits are mostly just regular people pushed over the edge. I was like most of you for the first two weeks I played. After the 5th betrayal or so, I decided to terminate everything that moves that I don't know. i.e. anyone that I am not speaking to, on vent.

Edited by nicraM

A null hit on your humanity would have to be the only compromise to this.

It is needed, otherwise I would gain humanity for the bandits I have killed. It would sort of nullify the negative humanity impact.

And remember, bandits are people too.

yes we are!

I understand them being people, but it just makes more sense to me that it not be a negative effect on your character when you are doing a "good" deed of sorts.

No effect on humanity seems like the best of the solutions.

I guess it still doesnt make any sense to me that killing a bandit with 100 kills under his belt lowers my humanity. I look at it as do you look down upon the people who brought in and death sentenced Sudam? Nope, because they did it for the greater good.

Just my 2c I guess.

IMO you should positive humanity that is equal to the negative humanity you get from killing another player, in addition to 50% positive humanity for any negative humanity the bandit gained in his life before you killed him. this would lead to posses of player hunting bandits as well as creating more of a clear moral distinction twixt players and bandits. it would be like a price on someone's head, especially when there are stats involved. killing other players and earning negative humanity would turn you into a wanted man. it would certainly help gel the moral dilemma issue. people would be less likely to commit random murders if there was that basic right vs wrong system of reward, i think. we already have players creating their own roles to play in the game. adding to the humanity dynamic could really enrich the players' moral decision making process, which would (in many cases) really enhance the deeply visceral excitement that players experience in DayZ. it would also be good if killing zombies didn't erase negative humanity, only helping people should have that effect. things like: healing, killing Zs that are aggro'd on someone else, giving someone items or food... or a ride. just my little two cents.

• Like 2

i was at 2500 humanity and about 30 minutes ago i killed a bandit and it didnt go up or down. so idk?

IMO you should positive humanity that is equal to the negative humanity you get from killing another player, in addition to 50% positive humanity for any negative humanity the bandit gained in his life before you killed him. this would lead to posses of player hunting bandits as well as creating more of a clear moral distinction twixt players and bandits. it would be like a price on someone's head, especially when there are stats involved. killing other players and earning negative humanity would turn you into a wanted man. it would certainly help gel the moral dilemma issue. people would be less likely to commit random murders if there was that basic right vs wrong system of reward, i think. we already have players creating their own roles to play in the game. adding to the humanity dynamic could really enrich the players' moral decision making process, which would (in many cases) really enhance the deeply visceral excitement that players experience in DayZ. it would also be good if killing zombies didn't erase negative humanity, only helping people should have that effect. things like: healing, killing Zs that are aggro'd on someone else, giving someone items or food... or a ride. just my little two cents.

You have my beans!

But still, my clanmate got -0.5M in humanity, so if you kill him you get +250000?

IMO it should be a free kill. People would think twice about killing a beaner if they would have an even bigger target painted on their head.

Today bandits can't be trusted and should be shot on sight. With no hit on humanity they are walking treasure chests and would be hunted down. Therefore most would try the damnedest to stop themselves winning a "douche towel" and pick their shots. However others won't care, so there will still be the risk of someone shooting you.

Not a fan of how it's done currently, why not make bandit kills either not effect humanity at all or give you a set positive amount only, I have friends who are close to negative million, pretty much impossible for them to redeem themselves, can't imagine how many blood bags they would need.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

From what I've read through various wikis and pieced together through game play, killing a bandit lowers your humanity even if he fired at you first, but being hit by a round then killing him neither raises nor lowers your humanity as it was self-defence.

Man its just screwed up because i keep being shot by eople, shooting back, and losing humanity even if i die, i just lost hero which took my like a month to get for killing a bandit......its BS

no one can be a hero or its just 100% unfair

Im seriously done playing until this is fixed. Especially because i cant even spam blood bags because of spawn rates. After the 1.7.7 update heros left were true heros. And now i cant be one again......its unbalanced as a dog with only 2 left legs.....

Edited by NerosShadow

You're right. How dare those pesky devs stop you from spamming blood bags to unfairly gain the hero skin. You should probably dig up a topic from last August to complain about it or something.

Locked.

• Like 1