Sign in to follow this  
anthraxmaxxx

DMR one shot?

I know the DMR does 8k damage which is not a one shot kill but does one shot always make the target unconscious?

Depends on the distance. But normally when shooting from at least 600m it definitely won't

i killed a guy once with one 1866 slug (4,5k dmg) so yea id say the DMR makes the target unconsious or if not they will bleed out quickly.

Damage depends on the distance to your target... get that straight people. But ofc the head is always your target

Damage really needs to be reworked in this game. A sniper rifle with a range of 800 meters shouldn't do more damage at 100 meters than at 700 meters. Even if we're talking the complexities of tumbling physics, you're not getting a reliable increase in trauma.

Originally this was Videogame LogicTM designed around the idea that most people are more accurate the closer they are and the game supplements their lack of real world combat ability. But in a game like DayZ, with location-based damage, this shit needs to be abandoned.

Smarter guns, smarter damage tables. Seriously.

DMR

unconscious

ROFL

maybe if it did that it wouldnt be so shit, but then the m14 would be broken as fuck.

but no the DMR will not put them unconscious, it just makes their whole character disappear from the server

• Like 4

The DMR, like any sniper, will almost always KO them with a chest shot. I just shot a guy at 706 meters yesterday, hit him in the shoulder and he went down for the count so I could finish him off. At closer distances it will KO almost anywhere. Been using it a lot recently and I've only seen someone move after being shot twice, and those were hits to the waist. Lot of misinformation in some of the previous posts, and don't aim for the head at 700m+ because it's a hard fucking shot to make, hit them in the chest and kill them while they nap.

always aim for the head when sniping

Nope. Always aim for centre mass.

• Like 2

belongs in the bandit campfire

Nope, this could actually be for counter-sniping, or as a backup sniper in a friendly group being very cautious towards bandits.

Nope. Always aim for centre mass.

Meh. Noobs should do so but I tell you it's not hard to hit a head from 900m with the DMR, one-shot always.

Just get your tables right.

Meh. Noobs should do so but I tell you it's not hard to hit a head from 900m with the DMR, one-shot always.

Just get your tables right.

I guess if your target isn't moving.

DMR

unconscious

ROFL

maybe if it did that it wouldnt be so shit, but then the m14 would be broken as fuck.

but no the DMR will not put them unconscious, it just makes their whole character disappear from the server

I've seen your posts in a lot of threads now and I must say in all of them you sound like a dick. Check the attitude maybe; chill out. Not everyone knows as much or is as good as you, get over it.

I've seen your posts in a lot of threads now and I must say in all of them you sound like a dick. Check the attitude maybe; chill out. Not everyone knows as much or is as good as you, get over it.

alright another kid i must reply to

the internet is not a cute cuddly place of rainbows and rainbow sprinkles of happiness. i realize this is a community forum and not a gaming forum so the quality and common sense surrounding gaming will a lot less.

i speak from common sense and realism. this is all crap you should be easily able to figure out by yourself

• Like 1

the internet is not a cute cuddly place of rainbows and rainbow sprinkles of happiness. i realize this is a community forum and not a gaming forum so the quality and common sense surrounding gaming will a lot less.

i speak from common sense and realism. this is all crap you should be easily able to figure out by yourself

None of that makes you look like any less of a douchebag.

• Like 1

your stupid

your stupid

"your"

get off the internet before you drool all over the place

Edited by Buffjesus

"your"

get off the internet before you drool all over the place

There is your superior attitude showing again.

No one likes you, go away you asshole.

inb4 another insult

Yeah, the guy is a proper fucking wanker.

I think i remember this prick from another post. He sucks with a DMR. So he thinks the DMR is bad, he's one of those kind of retards.

Look at his stupid sig: 'noob snipers have no class'. He uses a fucking AS50! That is the very definition of a noob sniper, the fucking idiot.

He has a point though with making the whole character disappear instead of killing someone... I enjoy this kind of humour I have to say.

Yeah, the guy is a proper fucking wanker.

I think i remember this prick from another post. He sucks with a DMR. So he thinks the DMR is bad, he's one of those kind of retards.

Look at his stupid sig: 'noob snipers have no class'. He uses a fucking AS50! That is the very definition of a noob sniper, the fucking idiot.

yup efficiency = noob

nailed it brah'

community forum posts are just too damn good.

edit: you cant even copy/paste right...

#1 class

Edited by Buffjesus

yup efficiency = noob

nailed it brah'

community forum posts are just too damn good.

edit: you cant even copy/paste right...

#1 class

Lol, I don't care if it's the internet, it's not an excuse to throw out any sense of common courtesy/decency.

You should really consider being nicer to people. Rather than complain about others, how about giving advice in a constructive manner or just help them out in general.

If all you do is troll around the internet talking smack, sucks to be you.

• Like 1