Difficulty: Veteran with 3rd person on and crosshairs off.

Good to see another server going up with my favorite difficulty ruleset. If it's well maintained I'll definitely be seeing you in game.

hey blackfuse, love the server I play on it regularly.

I have a couple suggestions that I think would benefit gameplay. You can tell me to pound sand of course but I really like the performance and most of the ppl that play there regularly.

I noticed that disconnect messages don't display (just player killed messages) IMHO this encourages QQ'ers as it's impossible to call these players out as halfway through a battle your foe just disappears, even after pumping them with a few rounds...

Also, if the server must reboot it would nice to get a countdown rather than a gotta reboot the server and then 30 sec later get a "session lost" Whenever the servers go down abruptly like this my very next relog something is messed up... This last time I spawned with ~7k blood even though before the shutdown I had 12K... Also player location got fubar and totally lost my barrings.

Again love the server just a few friendly suggestions!

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity to voice these opinions.

Gives us a chance to get to a safe place or safe tents, vehicle loadout rather

hey blackfuse' date=' love the server I play on it regularly.

I have a couple suggestions that I think would benefit gameplay. You can tell me to pound sand of course but I really like the performance and most of the ppl that play there regularly.

I noticed that disconnect messages don't display (just player killed messages) IMHO this encourages QQ'ers as it's impossible to call these players out as halfway through a battle your foe just disappears, even after pumping them with a few rounds...

Also, if the server must reboot it would nice to get a countdown rather than a gotta reboot the server and then 30 sec later get a "session lost" Whenever the servers go down abruptly like this my very next relog something is messed up... This last time I spawned with ~7k blood even though before the shutdown I had 12K... Also player location got fubar and totally lost my barrings.

Again love the server just a few friendly suggestions!

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity to voice these opinions.

Gives us a chance to get to a safe place or safe tents, vehicle loadout rather

[/quote']

I'd love to have the ability to do a countdown.. I usually restart the server when I get to work in the morning, and then when I get home from work. And at those times I don't have tons of time to sit on the admin console and wait.

But, I will try to give a bit more time before the restarts from now on, maybe 5-10 minutes, thanks for the suggestion. :)

The disconnect messages are lumped in with all of the spam that happens when someone connects (Modified files, etc), and is disabled by default in the mission file that the DayZ team provides us, and I'm not comfortable (It's easy to do, just not sure of the rules) editing the mission to not shut this channel off.

I know its not ideal for a solution, but as long as you have full remote access to your server blackfuse, you can use autohotkey. what I did was place a shortcut to rcon, then recorded it using the AHK recorder, I did a 5 minute one then a 1 minute one. I use firedaemon on a schedule to launch these before my server restart. you can probably write a batch file that you can launch before and after work, that will automate that stuff though. have it run the 5 min warning, ping a fake IP for a fake 5 4 min wait time, run the 1min warning, ping again, then run a command to shutdown and restart the server.

Eh, macros are messy and I personally don't want to rely on them. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to give 5 minute warnings most of the time, unless it's an emergency restart (zombies not spawning, etc).

Eh' date=' macros are messy and I personally don't want to rely on them. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to give 5 minute warnings most of the time, unless it's an emergency restart (zombies not spawning, etc).

[/quote']

Zed not spawning not so much an emergency... now loot not respawning, that's a real emergency ;-)

(and I know the 2 correspond, just being funny)

This server run AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGINGLY!!!!!!!!

I love it to death and that is where me and my S6 clan play atm.

It's so good I even made a youtube video about it

Hey blackfuse after the last reboot (~6:30 PST on 6/13) my tents are missing????

They had really good stuff and I heard about this happening before. My character that laid them down is still alive and doing great (except I don't have my precious goodies anylonger) can you do something about it? I would have lost serious loot and many many many hours if I can't get them back.

Please help

Hey blackfuse after the last reboot (~6:30 PST on 6/13) my tents are missing????

They had really good stuff and I heard about this happening before. My character that laid them down is still alive and doing great (except I don't have my precious goodies anylonger) can you do something about it? I would have lost serious loot and many many many hours if I can't get them back.

Please help

I know it's probably a stupid question, but did you 'save' them, via the action menu?

If so, they should return next restart, next morning. Nothing I can do about it directly besides restarting the server again.

Came looking for something on this thread just to say that it is a great server. No issues on lag or what have you and it is well maintained. Looking at staying around and bringing my friends.

Awesome server. Runs great. Any groups or pairs of players looking for another I'm all in if you read this. Oh and for those lone wolfs out there talk before you kill someone you see. It could be me and I am all about being non-hostile.

Please help

I know it's probably a stupid question' date=' but did you 'save' them, via the action menu?

If so, they should return next restart, next morning. Nothing I can do about it directly besides restarting the server again.

[/quote']

yeah for sure, but thanks for checking.

So do you think they should appear again after next restart?

btw, thx for the warning on the reboot. That was awesome and ditto on the server being awesome. I get great ping and rarely laggy.

so some of the other camps that I scouted seem to be gone that I saw right before the reboot also for whatever that's worth...

Confirming, after the restart this morning, that tents spawned in. At least based on the logs...

1:26:58 "OBJ: 135756TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135754TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135608TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135523TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135407TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135209TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 135115TentStorage"
1:26:58 "OBJ: 134994TentStorage"

sadly that did not bring back my tents. I think i may shed a tear or 2 for this....

is there a proper way / documented process to restart the server? such as manually syncing the hive, then restart the server to prevent this from happening again? It's a real bummer to put all those hours into something to have it all just wiped away in an instant.

sadly that did not bring back my tents. I think i may shed a tear or 2 for this....

is there a proper way / documented process to restart the server? such as manually syncing the hive' date=' then restart the server to prevent this from happening again? It's a real bummer to put all those hours into something to have it all just wiped away in an instant.

[/quote']

hive is a mod that the server runs. There is no way to manually sync it. The server starts up, and that's basically it. The tent's are being loaded, at least according to the logs... I don't know what to tell you man.

Just restarted it again, maybe it'll take this time.

So the other night on us 16 I was out side Berenzio with my partner and we heard what sounded like Silence weapon fire. WE were over by the military tents and i was playing overwatch and my friend was scavenging . I swear to christ someone was in the bushes next to me i heard you eating. then i saw a mili zed crawler and miss fired. i aggro'd a zed and let of some revolver action. We then decide its time to run. i think we were all scared .so if anyone remembers this lol it was fun .

Don't update to 1.7.1. To many things wrong with it atm. Lots of FPS issues and the zombies spawns are all fudged up.

Sir. Blackfuse, may you put it back up for, let's say.... 1 hour? lol. Would like to get our valuable stuff outa there..