Sign in to follow this  
meehmeeh

Ejecting from heli = Death

Why do i die from a rock in the forest or a toilet door closing?

• Like 2

you probably forgot to bring a parachute. they've got a .11% chance to spawn on top of the tallest industrial building in central Cherno - good luck.

Ejecting from a helicopter will always deploy a parachute instantly, unless the helicopter is low in which case you exit without a parachute.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I tried to para jump 2 times from the uh . Both times died. It probobly requires alot practice and skill. The heli must be stopped and moving upwords i guess.

A ability to rope from the chopper would be nice in the full release.

• Like 2

You don't get a parachute unless the heli is moving both up and forward when you eject.

It is a bug in Arma2, opening a parachute=death. Then your body falls to the ground and your parachute floats like normal, except there is nothing attached to it.

• Like 1

You don't get a parachute unless the heli is moving both up and forward when you eject.

Will have to try this out, saw someone today who we killed come back to their body via chopper pickup, bail out (they had a sniper covering the body) and land fine to grab his stuff.

I think you need to be around a minimum of 80 feet altitude before it's safe to jump. If you jump from too low a height the parachute doesn't have enough time to slow your descend.

I died instantly ... since i got killed by doors, swallowed by rocks etc ... i didnt expect to survive ejecting from a flying chopper