Sign in to follow this  
shahanshahin

Should DayZ continue after Standalone? POLL

Should DayZ (the MOD for ARMA II) continue after stand alone?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Maybe
    • Yes

Please fix the poll so that those of us who want to vote for 'yes' can actually do so.

• Like 1

I voted maybe, because they have to improve the standalone and not do another cod series, Keep improving, and update the graphics with the years

Sorry, i did read that question wrong... didnt see shit im too tired to be on the forum right now ;P

Edited by Minamo

Yes but only to experiment with new ideas, features etc, if they are succesful and community feedback is positive then they can be implemented in standalone, that simply can't be done in the standalone when people are paying for it, you can try something in the mod and if everyone hates it or it breaks a core mechanic it's not a huge deal, if that happens in standalone when you are paying for the game, you would be pissed, there is a different level of expectation.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Definitely. I'm sure the mod and the standalone will have their differences and perhaps people would like to stick to the mod when the standalone comes out.

Seeing how limited the mod is, compared to what they do can do with it being standalone, I don't see much of a reason. Maybe just keep it running, do some bug fixes and what not after whatever version ends up being the last before the standalone comes out, and just have that. I know I won't be going back to the mod once I get the standalone.

Didn't they already say they were doing this??

I'm not sure, but anyway the poll is "should" not "will" they do it

I think it is better to concentrate only on standalone.

And to test new features there should be at least two versions of the game.

Stable and testing/development.

Stable as the name says should have no major bugs (but might not have all the latest features), and testing/development can be like the dayz mod is now.

And you should be able to move your character from stable to test servers, but not the other way around.

Edited by serioussam909

Yes, Rocket did say in an interview that the mod would continue.

I think that after standalone is released mod will be played a lot less.

I will certainly buy standalone on the day it is released and probably will not play the mod again.