Sign in to follow this  
infinitegrim

Why are some servers allowed to cheat?

So there is a certain server that has shut their server down when their clan is attacked or just bans the players that kill them. They have done this to dozens of groups and there are several youtube videos showing them do it on many occasions.

A admin abuse report is never "ok'd" by the mods so they get away with the cheating ways, yet the admin of our server is attempting to make our server playable again by banning tons of script kiddies and other cheaters because our server has been swarmed by them. We havent played on the server we are paying for because of it and its just unplayable with all the hacks.

So we are being threatened to stop banning cheaters or we will be blacklisted, while this certain server is clearly abusing their powers.

So whats up with the double standard? Do we actually like cheaters, and hate people who ban script kiddies?

Sounds fun, Support scripters and Hackers...

I wouldnt say Admin abuse of that sort is allowed, neither scripters :)

But hey, Who am i? Not in the dev team :)

Edited by Minamo

They aren't allowed to. If you would stop bitching and report them, maybe it would be fixed.

Nothing happens to reported servers at the moment regardless, the dayz team don't have the resources to enforce their own rules.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

They aren't allowed to. If you would stop bitching and report them, maybe it would be fixed.

I have, over 1 week ago and the thread has not been approved. The area for reporting servers doesnt show your thread until its approved. I had 3 separate videos showing them banning 2 of us for no reason, then also them restarting their server when they were attacked, Plus there was a giant thread in general discussion with dozens of people saying they did the same BS to them and noone did a thing about it.

Depends on if the server is official or not. I got reported one time for banning combat loggers and DayZ Devs were on my ass faster than flies on shit. Not kidding, they were in my Ts3 fifteen minutes later. It blew my mind. That was about over a month ago however. Smasht_au could be right with the current backlog of problems and outcry for more server rights-- Nothing is happening to abusive servers/admins at the current moment.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 1

Had this happen on US 1037!

No you didn't

If you were banned you were hacking and battle eye banned you

If you're complaining about restarts get over yourself the admins can restart whenever they damn well please

• Like 3

No you didn't

If you were banned you were hacking and battle eye banned you

If you're complaining about restarts get over yourself the admins can restart whenever they damn well please

No, they can't. They should only restart when there is a serious problem. Repeated restarts are indications of potential loot duplicating abuse and should be reported so DayZ staff can investigate.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 3

Who exactly has threatened you about stopping banning cheater or you will be blacklisted, there is no way in hell they can do this

Have a look through these forums. Take a look at some of the "I hacked and here is why" threads. Half of them have DayZ forum admins coming in and thanking the person for the insight. Then these admins go into other threads and complain about people complaining about being killed by hackers. They clearly don't care about hacking or exploits in this game.

Edited by sostronk

No, they can't. They should only restart when there is a serious problem. Repeated restarts are indications of potential loot duplicating abuse and should be reported so DayZ staff can investigate.

Where was such rule stated? And even still, 1037 is shutdown only where there actually are problems. >99% of the time it's due to hackers or bad lag. How could loot duping be abused? It's impossible to not be "abused", as with EVERY restart everything is replenished. That can't be controlled until the game is patched.

• Like 1

Where was such rule stated? And even still, 1037 is shutdown only where there actually are problems. >99% of the time it's due to hackers or bad lag. How could loot duping be abused? It's impossible to not be "abused", as with EVERY restart everything is replenished. That can't be controlled until the game is patched.

There is a difference between "using the recommend restarts" that DayZ staff suggest you use. This is to clean up unneeded data and information. Eventually a server is going to cause prolblems if it is not reset.

Now, random and constant restarts? You don't think that should be reported? It states in the rules 'Admins get no special privileges.' An admin restarting the server that might be duplicating loot should be investigated. Yes. It states you can restart your servers, but it doesn't say anything about how many times, ect, ect, ect. You are just being nitpicky.

If you ever suspect a server is restarting itself constantly to duplicate loot, just use dayzmonitor.com/ and search for the server.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

They're allowed to cheat because there are so many servers the DayZ team haven't the time to police admins. The only policing we have is that from BattlEye, and we all know how good that is.

Admins can essentially do what they want, and many of them do. It isn't about helping DayZ, it's about helping themselves.

Think my group might have to rent a server for standalone, at least that way I can be sure I won't be cheated the next time I kill or steal something from an admin.

Have a look through these forums. Take a look at some of the "I hacked and here is why" threads. Half of them have DayZ forum admins coming in and thanking the person for the insight. Then these admins go into other threads and complain about people complaining about being killed by hackers. They clearly don't care about hacking or exploits in this game.

Ah Bullshit. They care. There is only so much they can do about it. It's happening on such a large scale.

• Like 1

It states you can restart your servers, but it doesn't say anything about how many times

Do I even need to add anything to that?

Do I even need to add anything to that?

You're still openly admitting that you're all for continuing to restart the server on a whim, even when you're fully aware of the fact that it has become an exploit that leads to an infinite quantity of gear for everyone in the server. Yeah, it can't be helped at the moment; you have to restart every now and then. But it should be limited to when it needs to happen - not leave the decision up to the whim of the admin. If the lag is unbearable, people will stop using your server until it restarts - then they will come back. If there's a hacker on your server, you've probably only noticed after they either try or do kill-script every player in the server or you've all been teleported to some location to battle to the death. The only reason you'd have to restart the server due to hacking is to try and salvage some save point; but by the time you've done it, the hive has saved once again and you've accomplished nothing but given tents another fresh canvas of equipment for people to choose from upon returning to their camps.

-MONSTER

• Like 1

Make a private hive, from what I have read the dayz dev's don't seem to concerned about server integrity. I can't really blame them, they have a stand alone to build.

• Like 1

You can't even restart the server if a hacking takes place and you lose your vehicles. This was recently added to server rules somewhere. Your reasons for restarting the server is very, very small.

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

Server restarts on 1037 have only come from

1. Incredible lag (to the point where players skip around, bullets dont register, and items do not work properly on time, and loading in times take up to 5+ minutes). Can be caused by how long the server has been up, how many players are on the server (this is mixed with uptime) and hackers (whenever someone runs a script it slows down the server)

2. Hackers. If there is an instance of hacking going on (IE: last night, someone dropped every player from up in the sky and killed them all), we will do all in our power to shut the server down as quickly as possible so we can prevent them from doing anymore damage than they have already done. This also helps to add the hackers to the banlist.

I am sorry if you had experienced a server restart at an inconvenient time, but as stated before, these are the ONLY reasons why we shut down/restart the server.

-I am not an administrator of the server, but I do openly communicate with the administrators.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

Whilst I don't know your definition of smacktalk, but we do kick/ban players for talking maliciously towards others, or have names that are malicious towards others, that which is not against the rules.

Edited by TimeDeatH

So, restarts that are announced an hour/half-hour early (and every 5 minutes after) aren't allowed? Scheduled daily restarts aren't allowed?

First off there are alot of reasons for a server restart, several of which you would not be privy to. US 1037 is scheduled to restart every six hours as recommended, HOWEVER that being said sometimes there are more frequent restarts as this game is only alpha and very buggy. We restart the server when there are very long load times as well as when there are hackers on the server teleporting people or spawning in crates. The BEC antihax script catches it and bans but only after it is done. This means that there are still spawned in ammo crates or vehicles on the server so it gets rebooted to remove such items since people can get global banned if they take things from these crates. Another reason for a restart is when the antihax accidentally bans someone and we review the logs and unban them, their bans are not cleared until server restart. So where you think it is being restarted for "items" you could not be more wrong. In most cases we issue a 5 minute warning and ask players to logout not to lose their items. IF it is dropped without a warning it is do hacking and just because YOU yourself are not aware of it or a victim of it does not mean it is not happening. We watch our server logs very carefully and are trying to run a hacker free server where it is fun to play. If we banned everyone who killed us we would have no players as we die a million times a day just like everyone else. So instead of complaining about frequent restarts that are done to benefit you (the players) be supportive of the fact that are we doing our best to run a hacker free server in a very exploitable mod. Disturbed-gamers is against hacking and always have been. Our server was so full of hackers at one point that it was unplayable. Why play a game or pay for a server that you cannot even play on. There are alot of things that go on behind the scenes that players are unaware of and it is unfair for you to post threads based on assumption. We are doing everything possible to make our server a fun place to play without hackers so instead of crying over it and calling us cheaters maybe you should put yourself in our shoes! I have never seen so many grown adults whine over a game before and try to get servers shutdown for no good reason. We pay for our server and without people like us who spend out hard earned money on servers, people like you would have no place to play this great game.

• Like 2