Sign in to follow this  
seannybgoode

a way to flip ATVs back over

So, I had like 3 friends and myself with 2 atvs. We flipped one on its side from running over zeds (thing flew up in the air and flipped).. Now I KNOW that 4 people in RL could tip and ATV back on its wheels. Shit 1 guy could probably do it.

So, a way to flip them back over? That would be awesome.

Ach, yeah. Friends have lost ATVs due to this in the past. Its something so apparent, but also an afterthought in the game.

best thing to do is a get a friend to save it and wait for a server restart, most of the time you can't flip it unless you wait, some people in our server flipped one but they had to wait till we restarted about 2 hours later.

We got alot of earache how we didn't want to restart for them, but ya know, we couldn't just restart for 2 guys who tipped it lol.

We had flipped ours back over with another one earlier. Basically by ramming it. We tried doing that again, but the ATV I was on caught fire and exploded (and killed me in the process)... Too bad cause we almost had it.

Over the weekend my group and I scouted the north area looking for a base camp and came across quite a few vehicles. Amazingly we found six ATV's and two tractors near hills, in forests, buildings, and even stole one from another player. During our travels four ATV's flipped. We attempted to flip the first ATV using a tractor with a red engine. The tractor exploded and we nearly lost the ATV and Troy (a member of our group and a terrible driver). We marked the point where the ATV had flipped on the map and came back for it after the server restarted. The second ATV flipped while driving through a town, apparently there was a small bump which caused the ATV to flip into the air multiple times damaging it badly. Yet again we marked the point on the map and came back for it several hours later. With our luck the third ATV also flipped in this very spot. The fourth however was flipped on grassland and this time we had a healthy tractor to attempt to flip it over. This was the aftermath...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596972801551163676/3BCF9ED93F05E386C9EE356A70271D84D3432AC7/

WARNING: DO NOT RAM ATV'S WITH TRACTORS.

EDIT:

Should make it so that you need two people to flip over the ATV, one person for the bike, nine people for the military jeep....etc

Would be perfect, reminded me a bit of the Halo feature but I guess it would be acceptable when with other people. One person would be able to flip an ATV over themselves, depending on the size/weight, but as you mentioned above the more players assisting each other equals the more weight they're able to lift.

Wait for server restart. And think of all beautifull Arma engine possibilities

You can flip it back over using another person and some jiggling.

That as well as changing your sensitivity of your mouse and kind of springing it back up with your wheels (flicking the mouse around).

Obviously both methods are not of a 100% success rate.

Edited by Shniva
  • Like 2