Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

The Standing Dead

SHIT wrong section. Mods, please move this to gallery.

I walk into the other Elektro firestation to find something...disturbing...

standingdead1.png

This player was dead. STANDING UP! I first walked in, shit myself, realized he was dead, then bumped up the brightness as much as possible so I could take pictures. His gear:

standingdead2.png

standingdead3.png

No, I didn't take the DMR. I don't want a sniper, I like my assault rifle too much. But I did take his entrenching tool, and some beans from his backpack.

standingdead4.png

OH VUYSENI

WHY

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

i've seen the dead players standing bug before. A buddy of mine died next to me standing and respawned on his body actually.

Sometimes happens if someone fells of a ladder, building or something like that ....

and if people dupe themselves .. happened to me accidently ... i was scared AF when i spawned into "someone" ...

I gave you beans for sticking with the assault rifle. :thumbsup:

Alt-F4 causes this when the client logs but dies anyway.

I've seen this numerous times. One time a few days ago we actually unloaded a magazine each into one guy who was standing but it turned out he wasn't even alive. More recently I saw 2 or 3 of them in Cherno right next to each other.

I've seen this numerous times. One time a few days ago we actually unloaded a magazine each into one guy who was standing but it turned out he wasn't even alive. More recently I saw 2 or 3 of them in Cherno right next to each other.

That's creepy

Doesn't this happen when people dupe themselves?

Yep, that's what it's from, if the loot is still on their body it was probably duped by accident. Happens sometimes, not sure what causes it, I saw a screenshot where someone had obviously duped themselves 6-7 times inside a building which would obviously be done on purpose,

Edited by smasht_AU

I've seen this quite a few times. The first time I emptied an entire AK mag into him until I realized he was dead x.x

Seen it once near cherno. Me being a noob that I was I must have spent 5 minutes trying to get his attention by saluting, head bobing, rolling on the ground until I realised he was dead. :P

Seen it once near cherno. Me being a noob that I was I must have spent 5 minutes trying to get his attention by saluting, head bobing, rolling on the ground until I realised he was dead. :P

I expected it to suddenly turn and shoot me the entire time I was looting it D:

• Like 1

I saw this the other day. After waiting 10 minutes for the one guy to walk past the doorway I was aiming out I got up the nerves to walk up to him.

Earlier that night, like within the last 45 minutes I had seen a few people get kicked by BE for high ping, around 300 or more.

Both of the bodies I found were two of the people that got kicked.

Yep, that's what it's from, if the loot is still on their body it was probably duped by accident. Happens sometimes, not sure what causes it, I saw a screenshot where someone had obviously duped themselves 6-7 times inside a building which would obviously be done on purpose,

EDIT: yes, the body was duped. I looked up how to do it out of curiosity (no, I won't do it) and this body matched the description of the duped bodies in the video.