Sign in to follow this  
valediction

Hero/Bandit Skins

What if Humanity, or "Hero Points" if another system was to be made for this, were added upon only killing bandits.

The bandit skin would need to be changed to something other than a facewrap, maybe a tattered jacket or something. Becoming a bandit would also take a few kills but it would be at a much higher cost of "Hero Points" and would be hard to revert.

---

I also would think the "Hero Skin" would take a much higher number to achieve than 5,000, and killing players would drop your "Hero Points" considerably.

Now some people are going to say why this is unrealistic and how we wouldn't know who was friendly/hostile in an actual environment such as a zombie apocalypse. Fair enough, but you have to remember that this is a game, we all spawn in with the same skin/model, we all have the same animations. In an actual environment such as this your instincts would help you determine who was friendly and who was a bad seed, but as this is indeed a game, such realistic qualities are lacking and should be made up for by in-game mechanics.

---

A scale something more like.

+100 Hp for killing a Bandit

-500 Hp for killing a Player

-1000 Hp for killing a Hero

Player made into a Hero at 500 Hero Points (5 Bandit Kills)

Player made into a Bandit at -2000 Hero Points (4 Player/2 Hero/1 Hero&2 Player Kills)

Hero Points persisting through death as Humanity Does. A Bandit that has a Hero Point score of -2000 would need to kill 25 Bandits to become a Hero. The same bandit would need to kill 1 Bandit to revert back to neutral (1900Hps), but mass player killers are going to need to kill a lot of bandits to redeem themselves.

---

This would make becoming a Bandit easier than becoming a Hero and would not deal with a system where medical supplies are used to boost humanity, as ALL players use these medical tools on others. Reverting away from a bandit skin to a neutral skin or a Hero skin would take a lot of effort though, you'd have to pay for your sins (as it were) to redeem your characters.

Since when are bandits concerned about fair-play?

I'm guessing you're just butt hurt about getting killed when you start to get good gear?

Being a bandit is hard, epically now they have brought back a skin identifying bandits.... lol

• Like 1

I'm guessing you're just butt hurt about getting killed when you start to get good gear?

Being a bandit is hard, epically now they have brought back a skin identifying bandits.... lol

I'm actually not, the reason I state this is because as current I enjoy that I have a hero skin, I have killed players, and bandits, have had gear, and lost gear, but after playing the game for a few weeks running into a player, and killing them leads to no negative repercussions, which in turn, makes a majority of people hostile for no reason other than loot. Now is there a sense of "awesome" in not knowing who is who and who has what intentions? Short answer, Yes. Killing players is fun, I've gone that route as well. Being a bandit with no skin (previous versions) allowed you the best of both worlds, you could kill anyone you want, and no one had any idea, you could get loot and fool other players. Now you cannot so blatantly fool players, you need to think about your actions. Bandits may start needing to group up more than lone wolf it.

---

Now I'm Not saying Remove ghillie and camo skins. By all means leave these in the game, Hell, make more kinds of skins (rare still though), allow bandits to mask their identities with skins, but allow newer less experienced bandits to be exposed. This would allow higher "tier" bandits to continue their banditry (unless killed-> revert back to coast/bandit skin) and make it harder for players to achieve hero status. I like that the game has Bandits and players that kill others, it's a great part of the game, but when everyone looks the same, there's a certain lackluster aftertaste when playing the game.

Edit: That would allow Heroes to hid their identity as well (for anti-banditry reasons, or for anonymity, or just for an awesome ghillie suit).

Edited by PGC-Valediction

Lol Pretty lame if you ask me. I don't understand why we have to be tagged as bandits in the first place and really don't see how someone needs to be tagged as a hero for doing what running around not shooting at players? Here is a real murderer for you and wait i don't see him wearing a shamog. http://crime.about.com/od/serial/ig/serialkillerphotos/armstrong_john.htm ( I would like to know what makes someone somehow look like a bandit the realism here is lacking.)

You can't really make the humanity loss for killing or hurting a survivor that steep, because if you do someone can kill a few people and be marked permanently as a bandit not being able to regain their status as survivor unless they grind for a pretty long time trying to use bloodpacks on people. Humanity isn't suppose to penalize a certain style of play.

I'm actually not, the reason I state this is because as current I enjoy that I have a hero skin, I have killed players, and bandits, have had gear, and lost gear, but after playing the game for a few weeks running into a player, and killing them leads to no negative repercussions, which in turn, makes a majority of people hostile for no reason other than loot. Now is there a sense of "awesome" in not knowing who is who and who has what intentions? Short answer, Yes. Killing players is fun, I've gone that route as well. Being a bandit with no skin (previous versions) allowed you the best of both worlds, you could kill anyone you want, and no one had any idea, you could get loot and fool other players. Now you cannot so blatantly fool players, you need to think about your actions. Bandits may start needing to group up more than lone wolf it.

---

Now I'm Not saying Remove ghillie and camo skins. By all means leave these in the game, Hell, make more kinds of skins (rare still though), allow bandits to mask their identities with skins, but allow newer less experienced bandits to be exposed. This would allow higher "tier" bandits to continue their banditry (unless killed-> revert back to coast/bandit skin) and make it harder for players to achieve hero status. I like that the game has Bandits and players that kill others, it's a great part of the game, but when everyone looks the same, there's a certain lackluster aftertaste when playing the game.

Edit: That would allow Heroes to hid their identity as well (for anti-banditry reasons, or for anonymity, or just for an awesome ghillie suit).

So you're just wanting the hero's to be overpowerd/thebest?

Well screw this stupid thread.

RHlt3.gif

• Like 1

Another suggestion rather than adding a hero skin You could just suck it up and shoot players on sight like the rest of us do.

Lol Pretty lame if you ask me. I don't understand why we have to be tagged as bandits in the first place and really don't see how someone needs to be tagged as a hero for doing what running around not shooting at players? Here is a real murderer for you and wait i don't see him wearing a shamog. http://crime.about.c...strong_john.htm ( I would like to know what makes someone somehow look like a bandit the realism here is lacking.)

As I stated in my Original post, "this is indeed a game, such realistic qualities are lacking and should be made up for by in-game mechanics." As for the man you linked to, yes he is not wearing head-gear, but in-game we have no way of telling instincts or otherwise who is who, we all look the same and all have the same animations.

You can't really make the humanity loss for killing or hurting a survivor that steep, because if you do someone can kill a few people and be marked permanently as a bandit not being able to regain their status as survivor unless they grind for a pretty long time trying to use bloodpacks on people. Humanity isn't suppose to penalize a certain style of play.

First of all, no one is forcing players to kill each other, it is a choice, second of all choices should have consequences, it's what drives a good game (my opinion). Third of all I stated medical supplies would not be used to regain Hero Points if this system was implemented. Lastly, although humanity is not meant to penalize players, it is supposed to be used as a tool to determine a person's actions, past or otherwise. The game mechanics are staggered, that much is certain, but in what way does this cause a penalty so severe that it is unbalanced? Actions should have reactions good or bad. Are the numbers or calculations perfect? no I summed them up in 5 or so minutes, does that mean this calculation would be used in favor of a less severe one? No, but it is an idea, and getting stuck on the smaller details as "how many players causes a player to become a bandit" is not what's important here, the important thing is the system itself, not it's intricacies.

So you're just wanting the hero's to be overpowerd/thebest?

Well screw this stupid thread.

In what way exactly, does having a hero skin (skin you spawn with) make a player the "best, and/or overpowered? if anything it paints a bigger target on that player's back than a neutral player, in the eyes of bandits this is a player that goes out of their way to hunt bandits, and should be killed on sight. The skins work both ways, not just one.

Another suggestion rather than adding a hero skin You could just suck it up and shoot players on sight like the rest of us do.

I could do a lot of things, I could go play Call of Duty if I wanted to shoot everyone on sight, I could stake out super markets and kill people in DayZ, I could even buy a boat. None of this however helps alleviate the issue of the bandit/humanity systems that are currently in place.

Edited by PGC-Valediction

I personally would like a 'returned fire' system. I try not to kill normal people but if they're gonna shoot at me first, I'll return fire - UN rules of engagement anyone? :-p

I personally would like a 'returned fire' system. I try not to kill normal people but if they're gonna shoot at me first, I'll return fire - UN rules of engagement anyone? :-p

That would be ideal as well a self-defense system in place, however, I doubt the system has the capability to ascertain a person's intentions. upon taking damage, returning fire on said player would work, but what if there's a group of them, and you hit the wrong guy? I am not trying to make a self defense system, and honestly I wouldn't know the boundaries to think of one, but the bandit/humanity issue I had an idea for, and thought I should share it.

Lol Pretty lame if you ask me. I don't understand why we have to be tagged as bandits in the first place and really don't see how someone needs to be tagged as a hero for doing what running around not shooting at players? Here is a real murderer for you and wait i don't see him wearing a shamog. http://crime.about.c...strong_john.htm ( I would like to know what makes someone somehow look like a bandit the realism here is lacking.)

Well, this is a game, and in a game, you cannot look at a generic player model and assess things that you would in real life. If someone is jittery, eyes too close, one large toof on the upper grill, overwhelming scent of urine, you know, things that are going to ring your street sense alarm to avoid or be wary of the fool in question. So in this game, why not 'attempt' to throw some sort of visual clue as to this person might be 'off'?

Why should any certain playstyle have anything forced upon them? I mean if you want to be a hero be a hero if you want to be a bandit be a bandit Just dont change our skins based on how we play Add more skins that you can find more unique clothes and stuff. And by the way nothing about the murderer i linked was off he was actually very well spoken in court and he did not have some tweaker twitch or anything.

Why should any certain playstyle have anything forced upon them? I mean if you want to be a hero be a hero if you want to be a bandit be a bandit Just dont change our skins based on how we play Add more skins that you can find more unique clothes and stuff. And by the way nothing about the murderer i linked was off he was actually very well spoken in court and he did not have some tweaker twitch or anything.

Which would be why after 1 kill you would not turn into a bandit but it would take a few, using 1 man as an example is a poor choice because circumstances are varied, he did not kill people in a zombie apocalypse.

---

Also I'm still saying if you find camo/ghillie/new skins that it should hid your bandit/hero appearance from others. People saying that things are "off" would be your instincts, could your instincts be wrong? Yes, but you would have some, at first glance and from a person's mannerisms, but in-game you get nothing of this experience, and a system should be in place to make up for that.