Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Release the standalone already

Come on, Rocket, just release it.

WarZ is just around the corner and no matter how shit it, lots of dipshits will play it and once they've used up all their pocket money they won't buy DayZ.

I don't care if we have to dick around with registry files to get it working.

I don't care if it's a black screen that just says 'DayZ' in ASCII code.

I don't care.

Just release it for fucks sake.

I'm throwing my money at the screen already, do it before people get totally pissed off with all the hacking and leave the game forever.

COME ON NOW.

• Like 5

*Facepalm*

Admin ~ DayZ - US 2145 Dallas (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{REGULAR}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-6]

*FACEPALM*

• Like 1

Admin ~ DayZ - US 2145 Dallas (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{REGULAR}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-6]

*FACEPALM*

What's wrong with [Regular]?

DayZ has many different levels of play for different types of people.

You obviously do not know how to develop a game or how to build a viable and effective business model around a video game that will create SALES.

There would NOT be this many Unique players if there was only the most difficult level of play.

lol.

OMG DICE, YOU NEED TO RELEASE BATTLEFIELD 4 BEFORE BLACK OPS 2 GET RELEASED, AFTER THEY'VE BOUGHT IT AND MAPPACKS THEY CAN'T AFFORD BATTLEFIELD 4!!!!!!

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

• Like 3

*FACEPALM*

I like being regular. Eat lots of fiber. Beans have fiber.

Screw, it, I would pay now just to be able to register my username for future play.

A few games have done it already, and it's pretty kick-ass being able to secure your identity in such a way.

Rocket already said it would hopefully be in September, but more likely October, but it can't hurt to ask. (nicely) ;)

(http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/17/day-z-standalone/)

Either way, the money I keep throwing at my screen isn't doing anything.. I think I must be doing something wrong. :(

Edited by Cyanyde

Rocket already said it would hopefully be in October, but more likely November, but it can't hurt to ask. (nicely) ;)

Fixed that for you.

Also, the money obviously goes into the DVD slot. Also, your post is too nice, as TheMachine clearly shown, using colorful language and throwing a fit on an internet forum are the only ways to get what you want.

I'm rapidly getting bored of DayZ :(

I can't save any gear in tents atm as they just respawn after a reset with the same stuff they had from a month ago.

I can't play or do any pvp due to script kiddies, every night last week me and my friends went looking for some action up at Stary or NWA. Every time either a script kiddie with god mode killed us or we got teleported and nuked. We tried different servers every night so now none of my friends wants to play it any more they'd rather play something else or wait for the stand alone game. Wonderful. :(

Battleye has failed.

I think I can safely say script kiddes have killed this mod.

• Like 2

I can't save any gear in tents atm as they just respawn after a reset with the same stuff they had from a month ago.

I can't play or do any pvp due to script kiddies, every night last week me and my friends went looking for some action up at Stary or NWA. Every time either a script kiddie with god mode killed us or we got teleported and nuked. We tried different servers every night so now none of my friends wants to play it any more they'd rather play something else or wait for the stand alone game. Wonderful. :(

Battleye has failed.

Yep, 150k plays a dead mod daily.

Come on, Rocket, just release it.

WarZ is just around the corner and no matter how shit it, lots of dipshits will play it and once they've used up all their pocket money they won't buy DayZ.

I don't care if we have to dick around with registry files to get it working.

I don't care if it's a black screen that just says 'DayZ' in ASCII code.

I don't care.

Just release it for fucks sake.

I'm throwing my money at the screen already, do it before people get totally pissed off with all the hacking and leave the game forever.

COME ON NOW.

Why? So people can then complain at how broken and unfinished it is? No thanks.

Fixed that for you.

Also, the money obviously goes into the DVD slot. Also, your post is too nice, as TheMachine clearly shown, using colorful language and throwing a fit on an internet forum are the only ways to get what you want.

Fuck you Rocket, let me pay now and then send me an email when it's ready!

If you don't, then I'll whine and bitch like a little 2 year old, until I get my way!

Also you're a horrible programmer and DayZ is shitty, but I've played over 200 hours since June anyway.

I'm a sadist and I hate games that are fun.

Also, even though there's nothing that you can do about it, make BattleEye block every single hacker ever, even in old games that no one plays anymore like command & conquor.

Finally, I hate zombies, they're stupid.. you should use unicorns or ponies instead, but they should still be angry and kill everyone.

Except me. If I die, I should respawn with all my stuff because I probably died to a bug or a hacker or just bad game design..

Fuck you Rocket, I want to play DayZ stand alone right now, or else I won't buy it.. (but of course I will anyway, because I'm a sadist..

There.. is that better? :)

ps. yeah that's right, october/november.. my bad. ;)

Battleye has failed.

As it says in the 1.7.2.5 thread, installing it is optional. It is obviously broken. Roll back to 1.7.2.4 and play on better servers. My server has had three hackers since the latest Battleye update. They were quickly dispatched (globally banned) when they did the deed. A game in this stage of production needs its player base to do things other than update and play.

War Z around the corner.. with its sketchy website and questionable preorder page... Yea..

Now if you want to help pay for development costs I can send you the info to help BI Studios out. But I dont think you would be willing to do that... soo.. instead Ill give you a pretty ascii picture.

(ノ✿゚◡◡゚)ノ ┻━┻

• Like 1

this thread was a waste of fucking space.

if the standalone were to be released today it would just be the way it is now, no diffrence

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

A hacker turned me into a rabbit. I was devastated to find I was back as a human when I logged back in. In an ever increasingly tedious and repetitive game. This hacker actually made the game funny.

You're right, but let's not encourage the script kiddies. D:

this thread was a waste of fucking space.

if the standalone were to be released today it would just be the way it is now, no diffrence

Oh stop being butt-hurt. It's fun to laugh at the salty tears. :)

Edited by Cyanyde

I shoulda known another Machine thread. :emptycan:

Yep, 150k plays a dead mod daily.

150k isn't a lot of people really. Especially when apparently we had over a million not so long ago.

Besides they're mostly running round Cherno/Elekro with Enfields and Winchesters playing deathmatch gayness with a side order of zombies because the artifacts in places like Starey or the NWA makes those areas almost unplayable. Then because the script kiddies can see what gear you have the second you find something rare one will teleport to you and kill you.

To sum it up for you fella, you can't play the mod at the moment as Rocket originally intended. So it's dead for now.

• Like 1

Troll thread created by the same guy who thinks we should spawn with an AS50.

glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed lol. here's to hoping this goes to at least 4 pages because that's where people really begin to rage over any random, current topic with the mod or standalone.

calling you a troll-post artist might be a little hasty machine, but have my beans for making my work day more enjoyable!

Why do people think that standalone is magically going to fix cheating?