Sign in to follow this  
jnutt011

As a solo player, why should I even expect to get a helicopter

I've literally spent the past 6-7 hours trying to solo repair a helicopter only to be gunned down after putting on the final piece. As i put the engine in, a group of 3 people (Ghillies so I couldn't see them) swarmed me and killed me. I've literally wasted all day doing something that usually requires a team effort by myself only to be shot by some random pricks. I didn't even have a fucking weapon.....

• Like 1

Good job mate. But, I think most people will agree with me that self pity isn't gonna get that huey back.

I had a feeling, that trio been stalking you the entire day. LOL When I get my hands on my new laptop + DayZ I'll play with you

As a solo player you should not expect to get a helicopter running.

• Like 1

Solo player here, lost a heli i found on NW airfield today because of lag (got kicked while flying it for a good 30 minutes). So you will find another one, and one day you will fly it, just give it time.

You need a group of buddies to effectively repair a heli, you're just asking to get shot in the back if you're doing it by yourself.

I've literally spent the past 6-7 hours trying to solo repair a helicopter only to be gunned down after putting on the final piece. As i put the engine in, a group of 3 people (Ghillies so I couldn't see them) swarmed me and killed me. I've literally wasted all day doing something that usually requires a team effort by myself only to be shot by some random pricks. I didn't even have a fucking weapon.....

You've got this all wrong mate. You're just one guy. You can try to repair a helicopter but how are you even going to fuel it? It takes 60 jerry cans to fill.

You've got to approach the problem rationally.

Your options are either find a group or steal a helicopter. Of course you can try the method you were using. I wish you luck.

You've got this all wrong mate. You're just one guy. You can try to repair a helicopter but how are you even going to fuel it? It takes 60 jerry cans to fill.

You've got to approach the problem rationally.

Your options are either find a group or steal a helicopter. Of course you can try the method you were using. I wish you luck.

I had a well hidden tent on skalitsy with 10 full jerry cans waiting for me when i got done. I'm not an idiot. 1/6th a tank would have been plenty enough to get me off the island to a secure fuel spot.

As a solo player, you shouldn't expect to get a helicopter.

A Motorcycle? Maybe a car? Sure. A Helicopter? That's a bit much.

I don't see helicopters, I just see a big fucking SHOOT ME-sign for all the AS50's out there.

Never understood the obsession with heli's.

Choppers really serve no purpose in this game lol, Its cool that they are there but you don't need them for ANYTHING.

I spied a single guy with a hatchet repair a helicopter....20 minutes of server hopping later, he got it running, I jumped in with him...He needed flying lessons as we promptly crashed 10 seconds into flight.

helicopter's are a waste of time anyway. If you have a team to play with then its a nice way to get around.

I find that traveling on ground is best for the solo player.

I found a perfectly fine chopper outside Stary once. 20 seconds later I was back in Kamenka.

Turns out knowing how to fly a chopper before finding one comes in handy.

I've done it - the only way was that when the moment came I was prepared. Good luck doing this with the tent bugs now...

I started collecting parts long before I had a vehicle. Before I even looked for a heli, I had the following things collected in a tent camp: (for the seekers: the sever it was on closed down weeks ago - I cant even get tents to work anymore.)

10 Glass Screens

12 Scrap Metal

3 Rotor Assemblies

22 Jerry Cans, full

5 Engine Parts

And one truck.

Found the heli at dusk, then at night I moved as many parts as I could over a couple trips with the truck. In 30 minutes, I was up an running.

The last trip I did a couple guys had found the heli and was repairing it - I saved the rotor assembly for last. The fight ended quickly, as they were not paying attention and focused on the repairs.

They had just installed a rotor assembly so I threw it in the cargo, shot the tires on my truck, and took off.

And it was cool, for a while. Then it got boring, as I had no gunners or company. Those that I tried to pick up just shot at me, so after a while I left it Kamenka as a gift to a newly spawned survivor.

So, I had my fix, and since I still play alone, there's no point in getting one, except maybe if there's a fixed one I find to steal.

I left the heli after unpacking some tires to fix my truck, and hoofed it across the map back to my truck. As I got over the last hill, I could see my truck was a flaming wreck.

Eh, it was worth it. It was a nice view, though, the sun was coming up, the smoke rising over the horizon; rather cinematic.

I dropped my tires, and headed back towards Stary Sobor.

Edited by Chambers