Brutal-Hunter

Am I the only one who doesn't like to use or have snipers in Dayz?

Hm. What if I'm a sniper and I'm getting flanked by a guy with an M16 and they kill me by firing off a few shots in rapid succession, would it be acceptable for me to whine and complain about assault rifles being overpowered and that they should be removed from a game? No, it wouldn't.

So you're saying there might be a sniper out there in the world with his 37,000 to 175,000 damage per hit, 1.5km effective range, incredibly accurate weapon that would go on a forum and say, "This guy shot me six times with his assault rifle before I could shoot him once. Having a weapon that fires three times farther and does 10 to 50 times as much damage per magazine isn't good enough -- nerf him more please!"

No, because we'd laugh at him and then his mom would log onto the forum to inform us that she's taking a trip to pants him personally. And then she'd put that on Youtube for our amusement. Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.

@xFortune

Weapons spawn rates are fine. It's more that there's no cost to having the weapons and they stay in the cycle indefinitely giving new players easy access.

Why does a rocket launcher weigh half as much as an AS50 or a M107 but the rocket launcher costs a backpack slot and they don't? Why is the M107 three times as big as a SVD but they both take up the same amount of backpack space and both go in your primary weapon slot.

The game needs more realistic encumbrance and limits on storage so some of those weapons eventually disappear.

Edited by BazBake

So you're saying there might be a sniper out there in the world with his 37,000 to 175,000 damage per hit, 1.5km effective range, incredibly accurate weapon that would go on a forum and say, "This guy shot me six times with his assault rifle before I could shoot him once. Having a weapon that fires three times farther and does 10 to 50 times as much damage per magazine isn't good enough -- nerf him more please!"

You don't think it's possible that a guy could flank a sniper who's scanning cherno in the tree line? It would be dumb to try and kill a sniper all the way from cherno. You have to constantly be under cover and if you get shot at, determine where the shots are coming from and flank their ass. Distance doesn't matter once you're getting flanked. Out play the person. Out maneuver them. Don't come on the forum whining about their weapon. Lmfao. My point was that its idiotic and childish to come on this forum and complain about weapons being OP. Stating the specs of a sniper doesn't show me anything. There is still a major difference between a long range rifle and a fucking assault rifle. A player would have to be incredibly skilled to turn around and fire one accurate shot with his sniper before I unload a clip of assault rifle ammo into him.

Edited by Skrod