Sign in to follow this  
Rogan (DayZ)

Am I the only one who thinks playing the mod is now a waste of time?

If development has started on the standalone then primary development is now going to be there. Other than assets, anything we see in the mod is going to be a gimped up workaround.

If we're all going to have to play with gfx artefacts at least let us suffer them on the new map.

• Like 3

playing any "game" is a waste of time. but then again, that's kind of the point....right?

• Like 1

Rocket has stated that the mod will become open once the standalone is complete, basically allowing others to do things like port it over to new maps (Like DayZ Lingor has already done) and combine other mods into it on their own servers (A.C.E.Z. anyone?) But aside from that, it will still be using the arma II netcode and mostly the arma II engine, so we are still testing it and also testing things like the validity of things like dogs, skins, and certain weapons, just because we aren't testing the end product doesn't mean we aren't helping.

Have nice day.

I think playing any video game is a waste of time. That's what they are. Time killers. There's always something more constructive you could be doing, something you could be learning.

Doesn't make them any less fun.

Just because we're getting stand alone doesn't mean playing the DayZ mod is anymore a "waste of time" than anything else. Hell, it's still helpful to the developers as long as we keep providing feedback for Rocket and co. to use.

playing any "game" is a waste of time. but then again, that's kind of the point....right?

What do you mean "playing any 'game' is a waste of time."?

What exactly makes it a waste of time? You have fun. You have epic moments. You meet awesome people playing these games. You experience amazing things. Just because it's not real life, doesn't mean its a waste of time.

What do you mean "playing any 'game' is a waste of time."?

What exactly makes it a waste of time? You have fun. You have epic moments. You meet awesome people playing these games. You experience amazing things. Just because it's not real life, doesn't mean its a waste of time.

Noun 1. waste of time - the devotion of time to a useless activity;

• Like 1

Noun 1. waste of time - the devotion of time to a useless activity;

What exactly makes them useless activities? You have fun. You have epic moments. You meet awesome people playing these "useless activities". You experience amazing things. Just because it's not real life, doesn't mean its a useless activity.

Having fun is not doing anything useful for the world. thus it's useless. you're not benefiting anyone other than yourself, which is selfish, which is never useful, thus useless = see?

Having fun is not doing anything useful for the world. thus it's useless. you're not benefiting anyone other than yourself, which is selfish, which is never useful, thus useless = see?

Oh I see. If something doesn't benefit something other than yourself, its useless, eh? I suppose money is useless, then.

It's the experience that counts. Not everyone is going to wake up everyday thinking "If I don't help the world, then I'm useless."

No one should be completely unselfish.

>Play game

>Kill time

That's the logic,yes?

So you play games to kill time, that's all?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• Like 1

Your 'point' is without merit, truth, sense or logic. What a useless thing to say.

So you play games to kill time, that's all?

No. o_O I was being sarcastic. I play games for entertainment and such

No. o_O I was being sarcastic. I play games for entertainment and such

Oh I see, sorry.

Lol at blind. You should quit games. They are all useless to you. Games have been some of my best memories with friends and have possibly kept me from doing other things that could be hazardous to my health. Useless lol

Edited by Gambles
  • Like 1

Well back to the OP post... As much as I enjoy .4 (and not the broken POS patch 0.5) yeah... I doubt this mod will be around very long in its current form/with the same dev team.

Who will want to play a broken "alpha" on Arma II when Arma III is out? Oh wait I mean... the game runs flawlessly and any problems are ALPHA! Like thats an excuse to not fix certain game breaking shit... Obviously Rocket doesnt give two shits about a free crappy mod he made in his spare time now that he can actually make something resembling a functioning game and make money and a reputation with it. I wouldnt. But I'd atleast fix the artifacting and NOT have players spawn on the coast after half an hour of loading before I fuck off to make the real game. Just a matter of pride and being a nice guy.

I think trying to survive is ridiculous when there are so many scripters and broken game mechanics that it's no longer rewarding to work hard and then have it all lost to something that isn't part of the game. So from a survivalist perspective then yes the game is a waste of time. But I have changed my playstyle and now I don't try to survive to any great lengths and treat the game more like a sandbox, that is still rewarding and enjoyable. Thankfully. If you can adapt this game can still be fun, but if you're attached to the survivalist aspect I think you're SOOL for the mean time.

Is the primary game now going to take priority over the mod? Yes.

Am I still going to (try to) enjoy DayZ until the standalone comes out? Yes.

Are there other games to play besides DayZ? Yes.

Is this thread more of a waste of time than the mod? Yes.

you should move to north korea with that attitude

What exactly makes them useless activities? You have fun. You have epic moments. You meet awesome people playing these "useless activities". You experience amazing things. Just because it's not real life, doesn't mean its a useless activity.

You only THINK you're meeting people and experiencing thing....Actually you're sitting at your desk staring at a screen ;)