Sign in to follow this  
zBedRock

High-end computer cannot run dayz?

My computer is able to run battlefield 3 ultra graphics with about 40 fps but cannot run dayz? In dayz i get about 8-10 fps in cities and 15-25 fps in wilderness.

Computer specs:

AMD FX-4100 quad core processor @ 3.60 GHz

8gb RAM

Nvidia geforce 550ti

windows 7 (64-bit)

Mobo= Asrock N68-VS3 FX

To be honest, you pc is nowhere near high end.

This. I am sure the website/salesman said "high end"...but that is a pretty meh setup.

Sorry, but you just don't know about computers.

Even your motherboard is meh.

550Ti is not high end. Try 680

That FPS sounds about right for that hardware. To get decent FPS you need set everything on normal or lower, shadows on low and keep 3D Res at 100%.

While his computer is not "High end" it should be enough to run this game at a fair fps.

OP, try using a Program called ram disk. http://dayzmod.com/f...ge__hl__ramdisk

It helps some with performance issues. That thread has a youtube link that tells you how to install and use it. Hope that helps.

Edited by Buick72

Start up Arma2 operation arrowhead and run the single player mission "Benchmark", then change a setting, run it again, do this until you get the best results.

Atleast use Default in Video Memory, and your game will feel less laggy,

That FPS sounds about right for that hardware. To get decent FPS you need set everything on normal or lower, shadows on low and keep 3D Res at 100%.

Thats bullshit, cuz i have high settings on my game, with a computer not quite as good as his.. Yet i have no FPS problem. so keep your mouth shut if you dont have the exact same computer as his.. You cannot tell by specs if the computer will run good or not, But by how he optimize the system, i run Battlefield 3 on high without problems, on 32-Bit, 460 GTX Nvidia and 3G Quad-core processhhhhh

Edited by Minamo

christ ppl, stop comparing your pcs performance on that piece of shit bf3 with that of a game like arma

bf3 is just gimmicky gfx. probably runs alright on the snes

christ ppl, stop comparing your pcs performance on that piece of shit bf3 with that of a game like arma

If by that you mean it is optimized shit tons better than the Arma 2 engine.. then yes. Yes, it is a gimmicky PoS.

Arma 2 is just poorly optimized and has issues. It takes some tweaking for some people to get it running right.

Just play with your settings till you find what works for you.

Obviously never played BF3.

For a start one is dx10. The other is dx1999.

Arma engine is just a pos

Thread is misleading

needs to be renamed to "Mid-Range computer can't run DayZ"

• Like 1

Wierd...

I have excatcly the same setup.

BUT!

I have overclocked my FX-4100 to 4.5 ghz from the original 3.6 ghz (I have a aftermarket cooler and I know what im doing. I work with this stuff as my job). The FX-4100 Is a pretty meh processor, but it scales well with overclocking. I have the same Video card, overclocked too (910 mhz -> 1026 mhz, got about 30% more performance in Kombustor). I have 8gb of 1600mhz O.C RAM.

I can livestream the game for about 40-50 fps in forests, 20-30 fps in cities. WIthout Xsplit I do about 20-50 in cities, 60-90 in wilderness. I have shadows set to high, object detail low (just too see stuff better), textures high, antialiasing high. Pretty much everything is set to high. Im not running FullHD resolution thou.

I get a even higher FPS in Arma2 benchmark and singleplayer. Average was about 70.