Sign in to follow this  
AtR (DayZ)

Cherno Air Defense

Hello fellow bandits.

As of 30ish minutes ago Make76, Facey and Blitzer[NL]* of UK 7 server no longer are in possession of their Huey.

It was dark, me and a friend of mine were looting in Cherno for a backpack for him.

We decided to check the Fire Station to see if one might've spawned there, but unfortunately, or so we thought, it didn't.

Minute later we decided to check the supermarket and something unexpected happened...

A huey violated Chernogorsk' airspace and was circling above the fire station(200-300m away at any given time).

Looking at it and thinking how to prevent this outrage, my friend reminded me that I had an AS50 in my backpack we looted from a group of players just the day before, on the same server, UK 7(props for not ghosting and playing it fair: Crunkit, m4rc12 and Graeme).

The ammunition I had was for AS50, not the M107, which meant that a single shot to the engine block would take it out.

My friend kept me updated on the range to target while I've waited in the Fire Station tower for the tresspasser to slow down and when he did, to turn away or prep for landing, I took my shot, one shot, right to the engine block.

And the rotor sounds started to fade, the pilot and one of the gunners ejected from the chopper while the remaining crew member(I'd assume Make76, since he was the first to die) remained in the descending aircraft, firing his machinegun. The two ejected crew members did not live long, as they were killed seconds later either by falling to death or helicopter explosion(lost line of sight at that point).

Citizens of Chernogorsk rejoice!

While myself and my friend draw breath, no aircraft will be permitted above our beloved city!

P.S. My friend did get a coyote backpack from one of the bodies before putting them to ground, to honor the fallen.

• Like 3

We pretty much had everything we needed - just needed a backpack to replace the one that magically dissapeared from my inventory. Got a coyote and a DMR as a secondary tho. No ghillies for us =:<

Edited by MolestedRabbit

hmm ghillies that's what i am looking for try the apartments in cherno i got told this has the highest spawn point for them and camo in game

@FallenSurvivor777

Couldn't risk them flying away =P

@burritoman259

Yeah, coyote backpack with a DMR in it for my friend, other than that, we're sorted, ghillies aside.

• Like 1

hmm ghillies that's what i am looking for try the apartments in cherno i got told this has the highest spawn point for them and camo in game

Go for the castles.. they have the highest spawn chance of the suit.. i've found more ghillie suits at Zub then i could carry..