joebob

The Trusted Mentors of the Wasteland

The Trusted Mentors of the Wasteland

On the Beach with a flashlight and no clue? Or maybe you've bought a vowel or two but still can't figure out the puzzle? Don't know where to turn for advice or assistance? Don't know who to trust?

That's where we come in. The Trusted Mentors of the Wasteland are all part of the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland established by Doctor Wasteland back in May. Since that time we have the longest running thread on the Day Z website and dozens of players have verified that we are indeed trustworthy and have said so in writing in more than 7,000 posts.

Doctor Wasteland started his campaign to take back the wasteland and make it at least a bit more civilized. He wanted a game where it was not always going to be dog eat dog and shoot first every time. So he started providing medical support to anyone who asked. In the process he found some friends and found that they were willing to trust him. Soon he had others following his lead and currently we have over 100 Medics who have all been vetted by other players and validated as trustworthy.

But it's not enough to fix broken bones and hand out blood bags to the injured. We want to help in other ways as well. We want to help you get better at Day Z.

Here's our offer, go to our website at: http://tmwdayz.com/:

You'll have to register, but then go to the Training Request Form in the Training Requests forum ... and fill out a quick and easy questionnaire. One of our mentors will get in touch with you and set an appointment to meet and, well, mentor you in Day Z. It can be a quick hour long session on how to drive vehicles (not helos, although we have a special class for that too) or a two day, eight hour course that will cover everything you might want to know.

You can also just join our Teamspeak server at: ts.dayzmedics.com ... to ask questions. If you see someone with a green graduation cap, that's a Mentor, but pretty much any TMW member can point you in the right direction.

All of our mentors are currently Trusted Medics of the Wasteland and experienced in Day Z. We can help you if you've never gotten your feet wet or if you've been ashore a few times but can't quite get over that Day Z hump. We're not a clan per se and we won't recruit you to join us. In fact we require that our Mentors all be experienced before they can be entrusted with your safety. We do this because we enjoy the game and we want to help others enjoy it as well.

The training agenda is up to you and the events happen as they happen, the outcome is never certain and both you and the Mentor may die but in the process you may learn something too.

That's Day Z ... and that's the fun of it.

[TMW] Joe Shaw

Edited by Joe Shaw
  • Like 34

This is a new Division of the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. If you need some help learning how to play the game or just need someone to go over one specific aspect that you might be having trouble with, please use this service.

We have mentors standing by, myself one of them, and we're looking forward to the new experiences that this is likely to promote.

Take care.

• Like 5

Wonderful contributions you all are making to this experiment we call a game.

+1 to both :thumbsup:

Great help for newbies!I also had idea to start Mechnanic service,but I'm too lazy to start it xD

• Like 1

Didn't know where else to put this, but I just want to say thanks for helping me learn the ropes guys! Trying to figure things out on my own was frustrating since I never played ArmA before, let alone this mod. I was beginning to think it was a waste of money until you guys explain a lot of the difficult to grasp quirks ArmA has.

The session was great, saw a alot of different scenarios from day-time navigation and basic survival skills with Joe and then the night time navigation and Raid strategy from Absolut_Zero. Everyone is friendly and willing to help, I highly recommend this if you are thinking about giving up on this game, it is a blast once you know what you are doing!

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work.

I have volunteered myself to this service as well.

Make sure to ask questions. And I can't push this enough, watch videos!

I HIGHLY recommend the DAYZ MYTHBUSTERS series on youtube, you will learn tons of valuable nuggets in there LIKE, If you have no gun or ammo, you can kill a zombie with tin cans (it aint easy - but it works with 2 - 4 hits) Among other awesome things.

• Like 2

You get a +1 from me for your valiant efforts of making this hostile landscape a better place.

PS. You should totally call yourselves Children of the Wasteland

I was trained by the Trusted Mentors of the Wasteland program. My trainer took me to a private server where I had no gear and i learned how to go from being a fresh spawn on the Chernarus coast to a self sufficient survivor capable of avoiding AND dealing with zombies in multiple methods. I learned how to move, how to talk, weapons and ammunition, what to take and what to throw away when I came across loot, and how to prioritize and quickly recognize loot and get in and out of hot zones.

I would highly reccomend TMW to any new or maybe even old players to learn everything they can about surviving and making it in Chernarus. My trainer was great, one on one personal attention, and the entire thing was enjoyable. If I had to rate the experience, it would definitely be a five out of five.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Buckshawt
  • Like 3

Since that time we have the longest running thread on the Day Z website and dozens of players have verified that we are indeed trustworthy and have said so in writing in more than 7,000 posts.

To be fair I can post 10,000 times about how friendly i am, I can still shoot you in the face if I feel like it. With that said, I can help out new people too.

To be fair I can post 10,000 times about how friendly i am, I can still shoot you in the face if I feel like it. With that said, I can help out new people too.

With that said I'm not sure we want you to help us :D

Just kidding of course. Shoot me a PM here and we can discuss it.

Thanks,

Joe

A few hours ago, Joe here introduced me to a very nice guy named Ben/Absolut_zero.

He helped me with pretty much every aspect the game had to offer, and now I feel tons more comfortable playing the game alone, and have several strategies for when I do solo play :)

I love what you guys are doing, and I had an awesome time learning to play. Ben did an AMAZING job, and you guys are doing a great thing in helping new survivors new to the game.

Some of the best tutoring/help I've received in a game. Thanks guys!

-Phenom/Kuro/Nemesis

I was trained in this program, and I learned a LOT of very helpful tips that I had no idea existed, even after a few hours of game experience myself. these guys are friendly and legit :)

I was trained in this program, and I learned a LOT of very helpful tips that I had no idea existed, even after a few hours of game experience myself. these guys are friendly and legit :)

Thanks Flip, it was great meeting with you and wandering through Cherno. I hope the gear we found helps you survive a bit longer in the game.

[TMW] Joe Shaw

As I myself am now a fresh spawn :-(

I would LOVE to train someone this evening. I 'Should' be online and in game by 7pm PST or 12 hours from now (long day of work today)

I would like to start in Lektro so if you are a newbie spawn, want to learn how to go from zero to hero(skin) (cwidt?) then hit me up, get as close to lektro as possible and log out and wait for me.

I will log onto TMW TeamSpeak when I log into the game so if you see Scrump in teamspeak, poke me and we can get started together.

We will start with basic supply gathering as fast as possible, why zombies are a meaningless annoyance that you never have to worry about, Your first weapon. Living off the land, getting the phat lootz, and then a list of tips for further suvival. My longest living run as a medic (medics die alot) was 14 days so, not bad.

Just got another short lesson on hunting from the Trusted Mentors. It was very informative and I was allowed to keep the box of matches and the food from the hunt xD Thanks again!

hi joe and dr wasteland in need of ur help or one of the TMW's help, got a busted leg and no morphine and i play on an aussie server is there anyway to get a medic 2 me so i dont lose 3days of surviving? will do the torch trick so u know i wont kill anyone. killed 1 person by accident and felt pretty bad about it. i know what it feels like to get killed by bandits and its a game ruiner so i dont do that! plz help

hi joe and dr wasteland in need of ur help or one of the TMW's help, got a busted leg and no morphine and i play on an aussie server is there anyway to get a medic 2 me so i dont lose 3days of surviving? will do the torch trick so u know i wont kill anyone. killed 1 person by accident and felt pretty bad about it. i know what it feels like to get killed by bandits and its a game ruiner so i dont do that! plz help

Hey guy, you'll probably do better by posting here ... that's the thread for Medical assistance that we provide. This thread is pretty much strictly for Mentoring. You'll get more Medics to see you on the other thread.

Thanks,

Joe

• Like 1

Just got another short lesson on hunting from the Trusted Mentors. It was very informative and I was allowed to keep the box of matches and the food from the hunt xD Thanks again!

While we can't promise free matches to everyone :) ... it was fun and I hope to run into you again. Don't set the forest ablaze, remember that only you can prevent forest fires. :D

Joe

Thinking about making a training application but still not fully convinced?

Ive learned ALOT from them in one day.

They did teach me:

-how to spot snipers in ghillie and how to avoid their vision so they wont be able to shoot you

-how to drive vechiles

-how to shoot sniper rifles and to use zeroing properly

-where to find vechile parts

and some other usefull things.

They are patient and good teachers. They explain things in good way so even with basic english skills i understood 100% what they were trying to teach me.

You will have good laugh and zero stress during whole process.

I encourage every newbie who is willing to learn to make an application. I did and i do not regret it.

T.

Edited by Torke
  • Like 1

Fantastic! It's people like you that make these things awesome. Can't wait for my dumpster-grade internet to finish downloading the game!

I'm new to Arma and I only bought it because of DayZ. I started playing today and like everybody I died a couple of times...

After I felt and broke my leg I didn't know what do to until I called for help ;) Than I got rescued by Scrump today.

He showed me some basic tricks and helped me refill my supplies. I'm interested in learning more.

It showed me that there are players that really want to help the new ones.

• Like 1