dogact

Seattle 123 - Admin Abusing ~{SoH}~

Hello All-

I was playing on Seattle 123 for a few hours with a few friends. We were in the town Kamyshovo, all of a sudden we heard a helicopter. Instantly we were scanning the sky's in till we saw it landing on the island just off shore from there. From previous experiences with that island we know that whoever owned that helicopter has some sort of base setup. As soon as we could we swam over there. Whilst swimming the chopper and whoever was in it flew away.

We moved up the island cautiously and made a stop at the heli spawn to see jerry cans and a tent filled with parts (main rotor assembly etc) I thought that it could have been where they landed it but I will get back to that. Straight away we kept moving to the other side of the island.

All of a sudden I can see a compound made out of barbed wire and tank traps along with sand bags with at least 10 tents. Straight away I thought “we’ve hit the jackpot boys”. Without any guns due to the swimming bug where you lose all your gear when you enter the water we had no defense from who ever created this stronghold. After scanning for at least 5 minutes we saw no movement so we entered.

These guys could have been hacking but I’m not 100% thought there was at least 5 of everything in the game in these tents, from AS50’s to Mountain Dew. After gearing ourselves to the teeth (finder’s keepers) we left the tents.

Moments later a mate spots someone on thermal. Instantly we turn hostile due to the nature of our whereabouts. Two shots in the chest with an AS50 just to make sure. After seeing who died (a ~{SoH}~ clan? member) we instantly think to our self eves seeing as they are the hosts of the server that this is their main base. Due to stuff happening IRL I had to leave the game. My two friends continue playing. According to them the helicopter came back and landed next to their base. They made their way to the tree line. They believe that they were actually landing the heli to log off due to the time which was early in the morning. As soon as it landed my mate ran and entered it and flew away planning on picking my other mate up once they logged or left the area. Within 5 minutes the server went down and somehow the heli disappeared and my mate was back on the island.

I came back on at this time and heard gun fire. This was due to the two stealing a boat and leaving the island. I agreed on staying to see if they spawned a chopper in. I made my way to the heli spawn and there it was a brand new chopper. I then realized why they set up that repair station next to it. I don’t know if the admin as predetermined the chopper spawn or they will keep resetting till it spawns there. With no ~{SoH}~ members on yet I when about fixing it and taking off. After about 10mins the helicopter was fixed and I left the island. This time it wasn’t instant reset due to the fact that there were no members on. About 45 minutes later two or three logged in. I wonder what happened; yes the server was reset again.

I have no idea what these guys are doing but I advise not to play on their server (Seattle 123)

I am also 95% certain that they are spawning gear because the amount in the tent was ridiculous. Also there would have had to be about 100 barb wire and tank traps on that island.

These resets where not planned maintenance either. They are specified to be done at 4pm and 4am.

they also have another base which i have blown up twice. once again it had a stupid amount of gear including 10 RGO frag grenades which i have ever seen before. i spent hour stealing their stuff only to have it all go back on the server reset

I'm a member of ~{SoH}~. Currently a lot of stuff on the server isn't saving most of the time, including tents and the chopper. That's why there's so much stuff. Also, RGO frags are inside the UAZ when it spawns, along with yellow smoke and other items. As far as I know this is the only way to get them.

I'm a member of ~{SoH}~. Currently a lot of stuff on the server isn't saving most of the time, including tents and the chopper. That's why there's so much stuff. Also, RGO frags are inside the UAZ when it spawns, along with yellow smoke and other items. As far as I know this is the only way to get them.

how does the everything not saving work? do cars and tents revert on some resets or all of them?

dogact, I was one of the people there on the island when you were there. For the record, I had a blast. You did not kill me, you killed two people, and almost killed a third. If you were in the ghillie, I had you in my sights, then saw your buddy, decided not to fire(I wasn't sure I could take you both), and followed you both for a while until you disappeared(Now I know you DC'd). A couple things I would like to note:

1. The camps on that island were placed there with painstaking trips from that stupid slow boat. It's very annoying. They are all legit.

2. The server reset during it's normal scheduled reset. This happened at 4pm EST. Before the server reset, the two members you killed made their way back to the island. They made their way to their bodies, but then when the server reset, they were missing their items, which was another adventure. We got gear, patched up our 3rd buddy you almost killed, and headed to the chopper spawn. We repaired the chopper from the stuff we had in the tents, and took off. Our leak in our gas tank was rough, so we went to go gas up in Three vallies. We started taking fire, but our gas tank was low, so I told our pilot we had about 30 seconds to land the bird. He hung in the air too long, and about 40 feet from the ground, we ran out of gas, and crashed the chopper. I survived with 47 blood after I finished bandaging.

So, for for the record, we did not cheat or anything along those lines. We had an amazing time on the island, it was full of intensity that I rarely get anymore in the game. We lost that chopper fair and square, and I logged off shortly thereafter, to deal with some stuff IRL.

What took place after we left: HFB servers have sent out a letter indicating they were re-adding some features they had taken out some time ago due to server instability. About an hour after I left, the server connection was at yellow for more than 20 minutes, and no one could access tents, items, or vehicles. One of our admins reset the server and reverted the version to avoid this from happening again.

Our server(And others? I don't know) has a bug right now where nothing saves. Vehicles return back to where they were after every reset, tents wont save items in them unless a brand new tent is placed down. Anything destroyed before a reset returns to its original spot after reset. So it's pretty frustrating right now. This certainly isn't something we've done by design; I think it's plaguing the entire community.

If that makes you feel any better, cool. I had a great time stalking you yesterday. If it doesn't make you feel any better or you're suspect, I'm sorry. It's the truth of the matter, and there isn't much more I can say.

As for ww THE TODD ww: You have been logged ghosting on our server. This is unacceptable behavior, and against the spirit of the game. You may accuse us of resetting our servers blah blah, but you don't see the messages from HFB or the problems the server has in general. Attack us, kill us, steal our shit; all of that is well and good. Cheat when you do it, and it's lame. As soon as a server admin comes on, you will likely be banned. We gave you a chance after we suspected you of cheating, and you decided to do so again.

dogact, I was one of the people there on the island when you were there. For the record, I had a blast. You did not kill me, you killed two people, and almost killed a third. If you were in the ghillie, I had you in my sights, then saw your buddy, decided not to fire(I wasn't sure I could take you both), and followed you both for a while until you disappeared(Now I know you DC'd). A couple things I would like to note:

1. The camps on that island were placed there with painstaking trips from that stupid slow boat. It's very annoying. They are all legit.

2. The server reset during it's normal scheduled reset. This happened at 4pm EST. Before the server reset, the two members you killed made their way back to the island. They made their way to their bodies, but then when the server reset, they were missing their items, which was another adventure. We got gear, patched up our 3rd buddy you almost killed, and headed to the chopper spawn. We repaired the chopper from the stuff we had in the tents, and took off. Our leak in our gas tank was rough, so we went to go gas up in Three vallies. We started taking fire, but our gas tank was low, so I told our pilot we had about 30 seconds to land the bird. He hung in the air too long, and about 40 feet from the ground, we ran out of gas, and crashed the chopper. I survived with 47 blood after I finished bandaging.

So, for for the record, we did not cheat or anything along those lines. We had an amazing time on the island, it was full of intensity that I rarely get anymore in the game. We lost that chopper fair and square, and I logged off shortly thereafter, to deal with some stuff IRL.

What took place after we left: HFB servers have sent out a letter indicating they were re-adding some features they had taken out some time ago due to server instability. About an hour after I left, the server connection was at yellow for more than 20 minutes, and no one could access tents, items, or vehicles. One of our admins reset the server and reverted the version to avoid this from happening again.

Our server(And others? I don't know) has a bug right now where nothing saves. Vehicles return back to where they were after every reset, tents wont save items in them unless a brand new tent is placed down. Anything destroyed before a reset returns to its original spot after reset. So it's pretty frustrating right now. This certainly isn't something we've done by design; I think it's plaguing the entire community.

If that makes you feel any better, cool. I had a great time stalking you yesterday. If it doesn't make you feel any better or you're suspect, I'm sorry. It's the truth of the matter, and there isn't much more I can say.

As for ww THE TODD ww: You have been logged ghosting on our server. This is unacceptable behavior, and against the spirit of the game. You may accuse us of resetting our servers blah blah, but you don't see the messages from HFB or the problems the server has in general. Attack us, kill us, steal our shit; all of that is well and good. Cheat when you do it, and it's lame. As soon as a server admin comes on, you will likely be banned. We gave you a chance after we suspected you of cheating, and you decided to do so again.

1. when you reset your server your server the cars i stole from you did not return to where they were. you then reset the server again and they went back to where they were.

2. this "ghosting" is me closing arma 2 the fix the gfx glitch caused all the barbed wire around your base.

3. you have duped items in your tents. no one has close to 30 satchel charges lying around as well as tons of RGO frag grenades

4. you have hacked items in your base. PP19 not SD. you also had a bunch of RGO frag grenades spawned on the ground

1. This 'Ghosting' is actually you logging out without gear at the shore, then you logging back in inside our base with satchel charges, destroying everything in less than 5 minutes. It has been logged, so say what you will.

2. You can make any claims about duped or hacked items. None of us do this. So, again, if you have proof, by all means, present it in a ban appeal. I have no problem with you coming up with a legit grievance. If this game remains legit, I think it'd be 10X as fun as with all of the garbage we have currently in the game. We know of lots of camps where there are duped items, and we have requested from HFB several times to have a flat reset of our server, to remove ALL tents, and ALL duped items. They have turned us down each time.

At any rate: We have the proof we need and was asked from us to ban you. That's the current plan.

Edited by Braincandle

1. This 'Ghosting' is actually you logging out without gear at the shore, then you logging back in inside our base with satchel charges, destroying everything in less than 5 minutes. It has been logged, so say what you will.

2. You can make any claims about duped or hacked items. None of us do this. So, again, if you have proof, by all means, present it in a ban appeal. I have no problem with you coming up with a legit grievance. If this game remains legit, I think it'd be 10X as fun as with all of the garbage we have currently in the game. We know of lots of camps where there are duped items, and we have requested from HFB several times to have a flat reset of our server, to remove ALL tents, and ALL duped items. The have turned us down each time.

At any rate: We have the proof we need and was asked from us to ban you. That's the current plan.

ive got about 10 hours of fraps footage. and its not hard to log in and destroy your entire base when you have tons of satchel charges lying around. and also if your gonna ban people everytime they switch server because one is night time your gonna have to ban a lot of people but you guys already have banned tons of people for no reason before so it wouldnt surprise me if you do it again

*shrug* Hopefully your fraps footage will exonerate you. I don't believe it will, and I don't believe much you say or claim given that you've been less than truthful in the past. I have definitely been wrong before, and I'm certain to be wrong again, so we'll see. Good luck.

*shrug* Hopefully your fraps footage will exonerate you. I don't believe it will, and I don't believe much you say or claim given that you've been less than truthful in the past. I have definitely been wrong before, and I'm certain to be wrong again, so we'll see. Good luck.

what have a lied about?

You told Morbid you were 100% legit. We have log evidence of you ghosting. I don't understand where the confusion lies? Ghosting is a bannable offense on this game. You consistently claim that we restart our servers to save stuff, when I have pointed out several reasons why server resets happen. You said you would take a post down that you made erroneously claiming we were cheaters after we explained to you that we did a server update. You did not do that either. Imagine how frustrating it would be if you had a chopper, in 100% health, and no matter how many times you saved it, when the server reset, everything you just did to the chopper is gone and it's back at the respawn point. Now, imagine that frustration, coupled with the fact that people blame you for this issue. It'd suck, wouldn't it? Instead, you come and post here about how we're 'cheating', even after we sit and talk with you in game, and LET YOU blow up our camp. A number of us SAT BACK and let you blow up the camp, even after we explained this to you. The server reset, and the camp was back. And you once again blamed us for cheating.

I am done with this. You've been rude to us, we've tried to give you multiple chances, we have logged you cheating, and that is that. Like I said, I hope you feel like your fraps footage exonerates you, and clears the ban. We're pretty confident that the logs justify the ban, but there are always two sides to every story. If you feel that someone else was cheating, I suggest you record it, and turn them in for it. Ghosting is not acceptable.

You told Morbid you were 100% legit. We have log evidence of you ghosting. I don't understand where the confusion lies? Ghosting is a bannable offense on this game. You consistently claim that we restart our servers to save stuff, when I have pointed out several reasons why server resets happen. You said you would take a post down that you made erroneously claiming we were cheaters after we explained to you that we did a server update. You did not do that either. Imagine how frustrating it would be if you had a chopper, in 100% health, and no matter how many times you saved it, when the server reset, everything you just did to the chopper is gone and it's back at the respawn point. Now, imagine that frustration, coupled with the fact that people blame you for this issue. It'd suck, wouldn't it? Instead, you come and post here about how we're 'cheating', even after we sit and talk with you in game, and LET YOU blow up our camp. A number of us SAT BACK and let you blow up the camp, even after we explained this to you. The server reset, and the camp was back. And you once again blamed us for cheating.

I am done with this. You've been rude to us, we've tried to give you multiple chances, we have logged you cheating, and that is that. Like I said, I hope you feel like your fraps footage exonerates you, and clears the ban. We're pretty confident that the logs justify the ban, but there are always two sides to every story. If you feel that someone else was cheating, I suggest you record it, and turn them in for it. Ghosting is not acceptable.

aww are the admins buthurt. omg i logged in on your server i must be ghosting. there is nobody ever on your server to ghost.

and do you have any how frustrating it is to spend hours stealing all your stuff just to find out that you cant lose any off it? if you guys wanted a fair playing field like Morbit says you would have reverted to 1.7.2.4. you guys like that you cant lose your stuff

ever since 1.7.2.5 you should know after it was explained to you todd that everything you take out of tents or no matter how many times peoples bases or tents are destroyed that it all comes back...that is something far from our control until it is fixed the only thing as of now that is working correctly with vehicles is saving their location... the chopper won't save correctly as to why it always resets itself back to the spawn point on the island... we had hackers take our Ural truck a few weeks back...we managed to get it back but found hacked weapons inside the inventory..and no matter how many times we attempted to get them removed, after every restart they would be back...so we had to take the truck into the field and destroy it with satchel charges,save it and are now waiting for a clean Ural to spawn.. This goes for the V3s civilian truck as well...It too was bugged and was not repairable past yellow status...we took it,destroyed it and it too should be re-spawning within the next few days..there is far more truth to the story than what you seem to be trying to accuse of...with the amount of hackers and teleporting going on around recently there are at times no choices but to restart or stop the server for a few minutes to rid of these nuisances. Yes admins should be globally messaging that a restart is imminent and we have explained that this is what will be done from now on as to not cause false accusations. I am pretty confident that from the new updates from battleeye and server providers that hackers/hacking is/will be reduced in the coming weeks...we have already seen improvement and that is what we want to see. . we have this server for the community to enjoy and play on we love nothing more than to see a full server of legit players..this game is going to go a long way and we want to keep that support for it..

{SoH} TrixX

• Like 2

ever since 1.7.2.5 you should know after it was explained to you todd that everything you take out of tents or no matter how many times peoples bases or tents are destroyed that it all comes back...that is something far from our control until it is fixed the only thing as of now that is working correctly with vehicles is saving their location... the chopper won't save correctly as to why it always resets itself back to the spawn point on the island... we had hackers take our Ural truck a few weeks back...we managed to get it back but found hacked weapons inside the inventory..and no matter how many times we attempted to get them removed, after every restart they would be back...so we had to take the truck into the field and destroy it with satchel charges,save it and are now waiting for a clean Ural to spawn.. This goes for the V3s civilian truck as well...It too was bugged and was not repairable past yellow status...we took it,destroyed it and it too should be re-spawning within the next few days..there is far more truth to the story than what you seem to be trying to accuse of...with the amount of hackers and teleporting going on around recently there are at times no choices but to restart or stop the server for a few minutes to rid of these nuisances. Yes admins should be globally messaging that a restart is imminent and we have explained that this is what will be done from now on as to not cause false accusations. I am pretty confident that from the new updates from battleeye and server providers that hackers/hacking is/will be reduced in the coming weeks...we have already seen improvement and that is what we want to see. . we have this server for the community to enjoy and play on we love nothing more than to see a full server of legit players..this game is going to go a long way and we want to keep that support for it..

{SoH} TrixX

It's even more frustrating that you only do it when no ones online, you pathetic loser. Furthermore, the reason we have to sometimes restart twice (or even 3 times) is because on some server resets the server comes back online without tents or vehicles spawned on the map AT ALL. To play on a server in this state would be absolutely pointless. Believe me, when we can have any weapon we want minutes after respawning, and they are always there after every restart, it is NOT that fun. We HAVE requested a server wipe because of the absurd ammounts of tents filled with high end weapons that never go away, but the devs declined it. We just ask that you come to the base legit, and not walk into the hanger on another server and then login on our server when no ones on and blow up the base, and then come on here like your this lethal assasin...

I have never seen an admin restart the server unless we have confirmed hackers (which will always result in an instant restart, regardless if someone just spent an hour blowing up our base with legit satchels), or to restore the tents and vehicles in the world.

You should focus your attacks at the devs who allow these bugs to go unfixed for so long. We can't stop the tents from coming back full, we can't stop the vehicles from coming back after you take them, we can't stop the walls and barbed wire from returning after a restart.

Stop whining so much, and grow a sack. I had respect for you up untill you went postal on these forums, what you did to our base was awesome. We would love to rebuild or relocate it, but unfortunately server restarts do that for us automatically.

• Like 2

Maybe "The Todd" should do a littler research about the current server bugs in this ALPHA mod before claiming admin abuse B) A quick Google search will yield plenty of information to validate KNOWN bugs before you start talking to people like you know a thing or two about running a server.

Im sure harassment could also be seen as a bannable offense, maybe you should stick this one out and let the adults handle the server management.

• Like 1

if your mean going postal on the forums as this thread you should see the PMs morbit sent me. whoever it was i spoke to after the first server restart to implement the new hacking thing or whatever sorted out the issue in my mind. i 100% believed that the restart was coincidence.

also i understand the 1.7.2.5 issues. i first i didnt but with the unprovoked threatening abusive message morbit sent me i researched it and understand it now. you guys have not some of my questions so what do you expect me to say. if you guys act guilty i will assume you are guilty.

Edited by ww THE TODD ww