Sign in to follow this  
secreteye12

Overheating issue

Well,recently i can barely play half an hour without my laptop overheating and turning itself off.Is there any programs that can help or anything i can do to hlp because this game is great but i can barely play it.

hmmmm, i was having a similar problem, though i used Everest to check exactly what the temps were, bought a couple new fans for it, couple of custom heatsinks and kill as many background programs as possible.

Then i decided to use the desktop... much better :)

i mean a PC, like Tower. and yeah my temps were in excess of 95 degrees at times, causing alarms to go off... (i set them to 93).

after the upgrades i was still hitting about 90 degrees and damn that laptop was heating my legs up.

So i use my PC from now on, looks and runs better plus temps of 50 Degrees max is much nicer on the rooms ambience (im not sat in a sauna)

I have a PC that overheats. For some reason having browsers open (IE, Firefox, Chrome etc) make it a guarnteed overheat. I don't find that happens with other games. Just a thought, if your one of the people who play with the map open.

He means. Why game on a laptop that is probably meant for spread sheets and YouTube when you can game on a pc that was built specifically for gaming?

People buy a $500 laptop from walmart and expect it to run all the latest pc games

Seems to me like you need to use some canned air and blast out all the dust.

Laptops tend to overheat due to their size and heat management sooner or more often that a desktop pc. Either your room is warm or if you don't have one try the table fan. My buddy's laptop always almost overheated when we played CoH until he started using a table fan but even then it can barely manage the heat buildup.

Have you tried a laptop cooling fan? Is your laptop laying flat or is there space for airflow under it?

l

and where do you buy canned air from?

Should be sold at your local department store like wal-mart or w/e.

Probably dust and muck in the cooling system blocking airflow.

If you know what your doing clean the cooling system by taking it apart or get someone to do it for you.

Blasting the vents with air may help but is no substitute for giving the inside a proper clean.

I would also recommend a laptop cooler if you plan on playing games for extended periods of time.

Good luck in getting it fixed.

Well,recently i can barely play half an hour without my laptop overheating and turning itself off.Is there any programs that can help or anything i can do to hlp because this game is great but i can barely play it.

I had the same problem with this and other games on my laptop if I played for longer than 30m-1hr. Using a HW monitor I worked out that is was actually the chipset (not the CPU or GPU) that was overheating. Bought a €20 USB powered fan which solved all my problems.