Sign in to follow this  
osarus

Will someone else teleporting me and giving me items get me banned?

Yesterday after playing the "logging in game" for 30min and then running for an hour to a mill area for a new main gun as mine magically vanished i got teleported back to the starting area by some guys messing around.

At first i thought i was going to die so DC'ed, then was pisesd as hell and went back and abused them after id run north for an hour.

After hearing that they said they were admins and plastered the beach in every item imaginable and porting me north as an apology.... after actually thinking about it i figured they must be hackers and just dc'ed again as i didnt want to get banned over some stupid items as i love the game and it takes the challenge out of it cheating which is the games whole point.

Will getting teleported by them and taking the items get me a banned? What if some newbie stumbled onto the items and picked it up without knowing, the first weapon i had was give to me by a stranger and i never considered it.

I think it was nz17 at about midnight +10, no idea on names

Edited by osarus

You won't get globally banned and you shouldn't get banned by server admins either but I'm sure its possible some are incompetent at reading the logs and could ban an innocent player by mistake from their individual server, not that likely though

If you are using items that are not supposed to be in the game then individual server admins may kick or ban you from their server. I think every server admin should auto kick for bringing hacked items into the server, that way you can simply drop them and rejoin, many servers do just insta ban though which sucks for someone who picked it up without realising

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

You cannot be banned if you use hacked stuff or are affected through hacks, but the hacker will be banned :P

• Like 1

The admin is likely not to tolerate people associated with hackers. If you ask the hacker to teleport you then your as bad as the hacker. If he does it without your consent then you are innocent :)

The admin is likely not to tolerate people associated with hackers. If you ask the hacker to teleport you then your as bad as the hacker. If he does it without your consent then you are innocent :)

I have lost 80% of the advantages I have ever gained in dayZ through hackers their scripted items. If one comes along and gives me a car, I am going to drive it completely dry man. If the % of incidence was lower I wouldn't have to develop a strategy that deals with hackers. As it is, they have messed the game up completely and there is no way to tell if your item is actual or scripted if it is used in the game. For that reason and that reason alone I have decided to take advantage when given the opportunity.

You cannot be banned if you use hacked stuff or are affected through hacks, but the hacker will be banned :P

Yes you can. If an admin adds your GUID to the bans.txt file, you will be banned. So what you have wrote is wrong.