Sign in to follow this  
Ragstorm88

Best Weapon Combo

Hello guys I started playing Arma 2 and DayZ 3 dayz ago.Although im 6 status Battlefield veteran i still hard it abit hard to shoot in DayZ that's why i would ask what is the best weapon combination.Is it a must to have a sniper.is it a must to have assault rifle.Since i started playing im in 9 members bandit squad and they give me whatever weapon i want. so i'm wondering if i should keep running like atm primary L85 and secondary in my bag MK 48 Mod 0 or to replace the light machine gun with AS50 or use MK as primary and put AS 50 in my bag.Or maybe i can use L85 as primary and put both MK and AS50 in my bag.But i will end up with no space for the medical supplies food and drinks that i carry for my team.Please give me some tips how to proceed.

Thanks!

Depends, if you're alone you should stick to long range fighting so something like:

Primary: AS50/DMR/M107

Secondary:G17/M1911(Nerfed alot though)

Hello guys I started playing Arma 2 and DayZ 3 dayz ago.Although im 6 status Battlefield veteran i still hard it abit hard to shoot in DayZ that's why i would ask what is the best weapon combination.Is it a must to have a sniper.is it a must to have assault rifle.Since i started playing im in 9 members bandit squad and they give me whatever weapon i want. so i'm wondering if i should keep running like atm primary L85 and secondary in my bag MK 48 Mod 0 or to replace the light machine gun with AS50 or use MK as primary and put AS 50 in my bag.Or maybe i can use L85 as primary and put both MK and AS50 in my bag.But i will end up with no space for the medical supplies food and drinks that i carry for my team.Please give me some tips how to proceed.

Thanks!

BF veteran status equals zero in ArmA. There is a difference in 200m action sniping in BF and 600m+ sniping in ArmA 2. Looks like your friends are hackers if they can give you anything you are asking.

You should priorize what you want, a weapon wielding weirdo who dies of starvation every day or someone who balances weapons and food. There is no need for more than two primary weapons, actually you should only need one if you are in a group.

• Like 1

my Friends are not hackers they own server and have base with tents respawning weapons on server restart

There is no best weapon combo. You might like a M14 more than an AS50, or a SVD, or the DMR, or maybe the LA85, or M1A1 CCO SD, or perhaps even Mk48? Play around, try everything out, everyone has a different preferred setup.

The pistols are an easier choice. Chose the one that has the iron sight that fits you the most. Keep an eye out for PDW as it can use 5 different types of clips, including SD, and i find it's sights the best. G17 has a flashlight. M9SD is silent. Revolver has the highest effective range, but otherwise it fits the following two : Makarov & M1911 suck donkey balls.

Edited by Stworca

Being your opponent, I think you should go for a Double Barrel and a Makarov. :P

The best combo is whatever weapon you can find while trying to survive. You should try it!

The best combo in a squad, is dependent on your role, thus they are the ones you should ask for "best combo". I think you're lucky, but I also think your clan is clueless if they don't have a clear plan for you.

Real world tactical movement works in DayZ as it's built upon a military simulator, thus it isn't a "must" to be a sniper. In fact, it will proably get you killed faster if you don't know what you're doing.

Also I think it is lame to just be given an L85 withouth first earning it in-game, but then again this game is meant to be both unfair and unforgiving.

If im running in a crew and my job is to take out players i use:

MK 48 Mod 0

M14 Aim

Revolver

If my job is to take zombies out first then ideally its:

M4 Camo SD or any m4 variant if i cant find sd or m249 if available.

M14 Aim

Revolver.

I just find the versatility of the M14 Aim in the game to be to much, its very good at every range being one of the few guns thats point and shoot up to 500m+. not to mention it has very little recoil and getting a double tap on someone is very fast which makes up for it not being OHK.

Edited by Raven-Actual

I've finally got my hands on a carbine with grenade launcher and haven't let it go since. Don't even carry sidearm ammo, just grenades and bandages. I do have a revolver though.

I do operate in a team of two and my partner's got a CZ though. I'm assault mode and he countersnipes, so we can handle ourselves in the woods or in the cities as long as no one gets too bad of a drop on us.

If hatchet wasn't a primary I'd never let it go. Need a silent weapon to kill zombies with ><

• Like 2

Best Weapon Combo? I will post what I suggested in another thread.

I use a M4A1 M203 Holo. PDW (Due to recent nerfs to weapons.) The M203 Nades take up pistol ammo slots, the PDW takes up Pistol ammo slots OR main inventory slots. So My loadout can be adjusted accordingly to my situation.

The M203 HE Nades do roughly 8k splash damage, can hit people through walls (Due to the explosion.) and can go roughly 800m with the nade. The explosion itself causes people to log out most of the time in a panic, making it an excellent weapon to use.

All you need is the mk48, uses the same ammo as dmr, 8k damage per round and 100 rounds per clip! Clip takes two slots, but it's the equivelant of 50 rounds per slot which is more than double that of a dmr.

Don't even bother with a pistol, there all usless..a hatchet is one hit kill on zombies and by the time you have fired 50000 shots into a player with a pistol they will have put there hatchet in your skull.

Personally I uses all 8 slots for bandages, you can never have enough bandages