Sign in to follow this  
HighPiez

Which Sniper?

As i type this I'm at the NW airfield where a hacker spawned all those barracks + gear crates. It pretty much has every sniper rifle in Dayz except the SVD, but i got a SVD with 10 mags.

So should i drop the SVD (since i got rangefinders from the crates) for something else? I don't wanna use the .50 cals because it gets boring then. Basically this thread is a SVD vs M24 vs DMR (don't like the DMR tbh) vs cz 550. I don't know how to use mil-dots either ..

Thanks in advance, yes I'm gonna use this to kill players.

Meh. Least what you are asking isnt some horse shit like an AS50 TWS. I'm glad you prefer a challenge over hollow gratification. I m a fan of both the CZ and M24,they are effectively the same rifle with different skins but due to the fact I can break down an M14/DMR mag for use with the M24 I prefer the M24. I've had no issues dropping members of the Darwin Award Society when they stop to loot the fire station or school rooftop.

My only problem with the DMR is how the zoom effects the mil-dots and i don't wanna have to learn all that. Either way I took the following:

(used a tent that was there, gonna pick only 1 wep)

SVD

M24

So i need to pick between those 2, the SVD mil-dots don't look to confusing, and i like how it goes with the ghillie i got there to. But i also love how accurate the m24 is, so which should i go with? does it really matter? I'm leaning more towards the m24.

Get the M24. It's small, very accurate (I actually wanted it back when I switched with an AS50), hideable when in Ghillie. Lots of ammo can be stored with the use of DMR/M14 mags as well. If I see an AS50 and have an M24 I'd simply leave it.

Perhaps you should not stoop to the level of the hacker and go find your own gear.

• Like 1

Im sure milldots are: middle dot 300m then every other one fromt hat is 100m? I like the DMR good all round sniper and can be used with NVGs :)

Perhaps you should not stoop to the level of the hacker and go find your own gear.

He found that box.

Edited by BatFlaps

I went ahead and took the M24, part of me died knowing that I dropped one of the rarest guns in the game with lots of ammo, but that regret was soon lost after I got my 1st kill with the M24 @700m headshot (Cant get over how accurate it is!)

Perhaps I could do that, or go kill a sniper on electro hill and have the same loadout. It really doesn't matter to me where I get the gear as long as I didn't script it in.

Go for the M24. Also, @bear I would do the same if I found those crates. I didn't script them in, what the problem,right?

Do you play solo?

I love the M24 but i think i'd take the DMR if you don't want the AS50.

SVD is fine too. Using Mildots is actually very easy. Sometimes i use them even if i have rangefinder (or if the rangefinder is bugged again).

M24 in a heartbeat. Also, mildots are very easy to use.

A standing targets measures 1.8 meters tall. The rule is 1.8x1000 = 1800/how many mildots tall. So, you take for example, the 3rd mildot up, and place it on your targets head, and then count how many mildots from head to toe the target is in your scope. If your target happens to be 3 mildots tall, you take 1800 divided by 3, which gives you 600. If they are 2 mildots tall, that would be 900m.

Very simple. However many mildots it appears to be from head to toe, you divide that into 1800. And you have your answer. It may be off give or take a few meters, but you'll have your zero and you'll hit your target every time. It takes a little practice, but if you're patient.. you don't even need to use a rangefinder. Of course this won't work on a rifle like the CZ, which doesn't give you any means of measurement in terms of elevation.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

Start liking the DMR. If you don't like the .50s then the DMR is your next best bet...if you're good with it. Requires lots of practice.